Transitioning: A bit of hope (PICS)

joytimes10

Hi Ladies,

I thought I'd do a brief drive by update and hopefully inspire someone on their HHJ. :rolleyes:

As you can see from my siggy, I've been transitioning for 15 months. My goal was not to big chop, but I'm rethinking that strategy because I'm so ready to be freeo of my relax ends.

Anyway, I have a family wedding coming up in September and I'm planning to flat iron for the it1st time since my last relaxer last April. In order to prepare for the heat, I've decided to DC every week to really have my moisture and protein balance in sync.

So this weekend was the 1st round and I took down my bun and generously applied the DC to dry hair. I used 2 avocados and 1/2 cup of EVOO (mixed smooth in a blender). I usually add 4 Tblspns of honey, but I was out. I applied the mix relaxer style and covered w/ a plasic cap. 1 hour later, I rinsed w/ Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture condish.

After I was about 70% dry, I did about 10- 12 twists in each side. I finally have enough new growth for them to hold. I'm about 60/40 natural vs relaxed hair now. I use KBB moisture milk as a leave in and KBB hair butter to seal. I put perm rods on the end to hold the relaxed ends.

I hope someone who is wondering whether or not they should continue transitioning will find hope and inspiration in my continued journey.

Oh and when I straighten in September, I will post another update w a length check. I think I'm about APL but I'm snipping away when the mood strikes so I really don't know.

Alright, here are the pics....

Right Side
071810007.jpg

Left side
071810006.jpg

Back
071810004.jpg

Front
071810001.jpg

Up close
071810002.jpg

Another close up
071810008.jpg

Thanks for taking a peek. This is my 1st time attemping this style. I usually do a braid out and KIM :drunk:

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I thought I'd do a brief drive by update and hopefully inspire someone on their HHJ. :rolleyes:

As you can see from my siggy, I've been transitioning for 15 months. My goal was not to big chop, but I'm rethinking that strategy because I'm so ready to be freeo of my relax ends.

Anyway, I have a family wedding coming up in September and I'm planning to flat iron for the it1st time since my last relaxer last April. In order to prepare for the heat, I've decided to DC every week to really have my moisture and protein balance in sync.

So this weekend was the 1st round and I took down my bun and generously applied the DC to dry hair. I used 2 avocados and 1/2 cup of EVOO (mixed smooth in a blender). I usually add 4 Tblspns of honey, but I was out. I applied the mix relaxer style and covered w/ a plasic cap. 1 hour later, I rinsed w/ Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture condish.

After I was about 70% dry, I did about 10- 12 twists in each side. I finally have enough new growth for them to hold. I'm about 60/40 natural vs relaxed hair now. I use KBB moisture milk as a leave in and KBB hair butter to seal. I put perm rods on the end to hold the relaxed ends.

I hope someone who is wondering whether or not they should continue transitioning will find hope and inspiration in my continued journey.

Oh and when I straighten in September, I will post another update w a length check. I think I'm about APL but I'm snipping away when the mood strikes so I really don't know.

Alright, here are the pics....

Right Side
071810007.jpg

Left side
071810006.jpg

Back
071810004.jpg

Front
071810001.jpg

Up close
071810002.jpg

Another close up
071810008.jpg

Thanks for taking a peek. This is my 1st time attemping this style. I usually do a braid out and KIM :drunk:

Thank you for sharing....:grin: Your hair looks fantastic!!!!

Back