Transitioning Member Intro (kinda long)

daviine

Hi everyone...it's been a long time since I've been an active member so I'm not sure what the culture is here anymore. I figured it can't hurt to introduce myself so here goes:

After being relaxed for over 20 years, I am finally transitioning. I have thought about going natural for several years now and I sometimes can't believe it that I'm doing it. Today makes 18 weeks since my last relaxer, so I haven't made it far yet but I haven't changed my mind yet which is the most important thing for me.

I haven't been an active member because so much has changed in my life. Additionally, I was able to watch Youtube to get any information I needed since the amount of hair blogs, vlogs, and channels seems to have increased exponentially. After a while, you start to feel that you've learned everything you need to know, you find your groove, you settle down with some products, and then next thing you know you don't make time to visit.

But oh transitioning--- is new territory--and I feel like I need information that I can search,skim, read, and save. Can't do that with videos. I need communication and support and so here I am.

I'm currently trying to read that transitioning w/o BC support thread but I'm only on page 40 out of 155...lol.

Anyway, I'll try to be as active as I can while juggling life but I'm glad to be here. :yep:

Going back to search, read, and save. See you around! :hiya:

Ms_CoCo37

Welcome back! :grin:

I transitioned for 24 months myself, and on my 2 year anniversary I BC'd. It was the best decision I ever made for my hair. I've had ups and downs, but I have no regrets. Let me know if you have any questions, and I would be happy to share any of my experiences (both good and bad) with you. Also, feel free to view any of my albums and threads if you think they would be helpful for you.:yep:

HHJ!

Allandra

daviine

Sorry I missed your welcome back thread.

Congratulations on your decision to go natural. :yay:

Hi everyone...it's been a long time since I've been an active member so I'm not sure what the culture is here anymore. I figured it can't hurt to introduce myself so here goes:

After being relaxed for over 20 years, I am finally transitioning. I have thought about going natural for several years now and I sometimes can't believe it that I'm doing it. Today makes 18 weeks since my last relaxer, so I haven't made it far yet but I haven't changed my mind yet which is the most important thing for me.

I haven't been an active member because so much has changed in my life. Additionally, I was able to watch Youtube to get any information I needed since the amount of hair blogs, vlogs, and channels seems to have increased exponentially. After a while, you start to feel that you've learned everything you need to know, you find your groove, you settle down with some products, and then next thing you know you don't make time to visit.

But oh transitioning--- is new territory--and I feel like I need information that I can search,skim, read, and save. Can't do that with videos. I need communication and support and so here I am.

I'm currently trying to read that transitioning w/o BC support thread but I'm only on page 40 out of 155...lol.

Anyway, I'll try to be as active as I can while juggling life but I'm glad to be here. :yep:

Going back to search, read, and save. See you around! :hiya:

SimJam

Welcome back ... seems like you were a foundation member but Im still gonna give u one of these ......... :newbie:

Have fun ... I think the board culture has changed a bit since 2002 though ... but the info you seek it still ............... here along with some entertainment :lachen:

Whimsy

Welcome back! Hope you have an easy transition. I transitioned for almost 2 years (22 months) and it was hard to hold out as long as I did. I hope you enjoy your transition. LOADS of info and support for transitioners here.

daviine

@daviine

Sorry I missed your welcome back thread.

Congratulations on your decision to go natural. :yay:

Allandra You are too sweet. Thanks! Muah!

Welcome back ... seems like you were a foundation member but Im still gonna give u one of these ......... :newbie:

Have fun ... I think the board culture has changed a bit since 2002 though ... but the info you seek it still ............... here along with some entertainment :lachen:

Thanks. I feel like a newbie, so I'll take it. :lol:

Welcome back! Hope you have an easy transition. I transitioned for almost 2 years (22 months) and it was hard to hold out as long as I did. I hope you enjoy your transition. LOADS of info and support for transitioners here.

Whimsy I love your hair. I was just in your fotki album the day before you wrote this. SherylsTresses Thanks for stopping by to welcome me back! :drunk:

daviine

Whimsy said:
HOLD UP!!
I have a fotki?!?!
Please send me the link.:look:

Lol. Maybe I was tired. Was it just your hair I was drooling over.... I'll get back to you as soon as I figure out what the hell I was talking about. :lachen: Sorry....

ETA: I was on your hair link from your siggy (longhair) and your YT channel. Beeeaaauuuttiful hair! :lick: Whimsy

Last edited: