Trimaholic Needs Help!

BklynHeart

Ladies, I need your advice! I usually get a trim every time I get a touch-up, which is usually 9-10 weeks. Even if it doesn't look like I need one, I get it anyway. Well, last night I got a touch-up and decided not to get a trim. I even asked my stylist if I needed one and also told her that one of the other stylists said that I could trim every other touch-up. She inspected my ends and said that they are looking pretty good and I can skip this time. I'm the type that just doesn't like scraggly ends and if I even think mine are starting to look that way I'm handing them the scissors!

Have any of you ever skipped trims or get them only a few times a year? What was the outcome of your ends when you did get a trim? Did you get more hair taken off as a result of less frequent trims?

webby

Think Slim
BklynHeart said:
Ladies, I need your advice! I usually get a trim every time I get a touch-up, which is usually 9-10 weeks. Even if it doesn't look like I need one, I get it anyway. Well, last night I got a touch-up and decided not to get a trim. I even asked my stylist if I needed one and also told her that one of the other stylists said that I could trim every other touch-up. She inspected my ends and said that they are looking pretty good and I can skip this time. I'm the type that just doesn't like scraggly ends and if I even think mine are starting to look that way I'm handing them the scissors!

Have any of you ever skipped trims or get them only a few times a year? What was the outcome of your ends when you did get a trim? Did you get more hair taken off as a result of less frequent trims?
I used to be a trimaholic, until I realized that I retained only half of my growth. I then started having my mother or husband trim my ends, because they knew to take off only a smidgeon. I would then let my stylist trim my hair after about 8 or 9 weeks.

Now, I go to a white stylist for a dry dusting. My regular stylist trimmed (cut) off 4 inches over the summer and I decided that she could give me a relaxer and put in my cellophane, but if I see her go near the scissors, we'd :arguing:

I never skip on my dustings, even if it doesn't seem like I need one. My hair is always smoother, tangle free and retains length due to regular dustings.

DelightfulFlame

former trimaholic checking in. I found that if I let my ends go for too long, then I have to trim more. So now I dust every month or every other month...works better that way...no more big trims!