Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Once per year

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • twice per year

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cocochanty

I recently got my hair trimmed. The woman that trimmed my hair said I should trim with every relaxer. But trimming holds me back from my goals as far as getting to BSL:nono:.

What do you guys think:ohwell:

locabouthair

I was trimming every relaxer too. because i like even ends. my stylist was cutting off like an inch. now that I will be doing my own relaxers, I'm only gonna dust like 1/8 or 1/4 inch every touch up.

growinstrong

word of advice, ignore stylists when they tell you to trim with every relaxer, its just not necessary. As for me, I trim 2x per year. I really dont get a lot of split ends, so my trims are just to keep it looking nice.

ShiShiPooPoo

I trim as needed which is about every other relaxer. If my stylist does a really good job with the trim and I moisturize properly, then I can go as long as 6-8 months without a trim.:yep:

KizzieNapps

My stylist told me if you are trying to grow out your hair trim once every 6 mos. So thats what I do. No more no less.

Artemis

I try to get a trim either every other relaxer but I just let it get away from me sometimes. I am paying for it now, and have to get another inch cut instead of 1/4"...:wallbash:

**Trimming is SO relative...Stylists never explain it to customers [most want us to stay ignorant], but it depends on how much you're doing to your hair, and how much you're trimming off. If you're only trimming off 1/4" every relaxer, you will still see retained length. Trim frequency also depends on your hair type, and if your hair is healthy or damaged.

mw138

I trim every six months. My stylist gets annoyed with me because she says I should trim my hair every 8 weeks! :eek2::nono: I've been wearing my hair down a lot less, so my ends have stayed in good shape - I learned my lesson almost 6 months ago when my stylist had to cut an inch and a half off because I wasn't taking care of my ends like I should have (I wore my hair down almost every day). She should only have to cut off about 1/8 inch in December.

RockCreak

I trim only when necessary....usually about twice a year.
Since I'm growing my hair out, I may break down to once per year....

vestaluv1

Whooo boy! Em, well, er :look:... before my recent trim earlier this month, I hadn't trimmed for about 5 years. And before that, I can't even remember.
So I guess if I can get away with it, I don't think I'll be trimming any more than once a year, which will be every other relaxer as I plan to relax every six months... hopefully.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who hardly ever trims! I know theres someone out there just like me!

However, my trim was well over due and I was really happy with the results I got from it afterwards... I just need to stop being so scared of the scissors... lol!

onejamifan

I would usually trim every six months or so (every other relaxer), but my last trim was December 07 and I don't plan on trimming again until late February or March. I use semi permanent hair color on my hair, so it hides any split ends I might have and I make sure that I keep my ends moisturized. I am trying to reach an ultimate goal of HL and trimming it (the way stylists like to) would set me too far back :)

sweetsuccess

i use to do it every relaxer .. but then i was introduced to lhcf and realized that all i hve to do is take care of my ends n i wouldnt need a trim...
and for the fact that im currently transitioning.. so my last trim was jan 6, 2008... and my last relaxer was jan 13, 2008... i havent had either of them since.
n my hair looks fine . (as u can see in my siggy)

basically. take care of them ends n u wouldnt have to ever trim :drunk: just retain length:grin::grin::grin::grin:

PuffyBrown

I was always trimming with each relaxer. That is why since 2007 I have not gotten a full APL yet. I have not trimmed for 5 months and I can see my hair thriving. I am trimming with the next relaxer. I am going to start trimming two or three times a year.

poookie

never!!!!! but if i see a split end, i'll cut it. i'm not even slightly concerned with having even ends, since i wear my hair up 100% of the time.

malachi74

I know I have some splits because I was searching through strands before my wash today, but I really don't feel the need to trim/dust b/c my hair feels good and is still laying right. I usually will trim 2x a year. I'm going to definitely dust in January.

Digital Tempest

Honestly, I have trimmed since I BC'd in June of last year. Residual conditioning about frequent trimming still lurks in my mind and I keep getting paranoid that I might need one, but my hair has been thriving. I keep saying that I'm going to trim these colored ends off, but I haven't made an actual effort to do it yet. :blush: