Trying to help a friend

sevetlana

A friend of mine has a scalp issue. I want to see if We can help. He has been to the dermatologist and the treatment given did not help. He was give Nizoral, no permanent help.

Have a look at the pics and tell me what you think
It appears that many hairs are growing from one follicle. It also seems infected.

From what I see it seems to be getting worse.
Oh the derm told him it was ingrown, IDK.

Tell me what you think is going on.

http://public.fotki.com/sevetlana/

TIA.

WARNING pics may gross some of you out.

Nice & Wavy

A friend of mine has a scalp issue. I want to see if We can help. He has been to the dermatologist and the treatment given did not help. He was give Nizoral, no permanent help.

Have a look at the pics and tell me what you think
It appears that many hairs are growing from one follicle. It also seems infected.

From what I see it seems to be getting worse.
Oh the derm told him it was ingrown, IDK.

Tell me what you think is going on.

http://public.fotki.com/sevetlana/

TIA.

WARNING pics may gross some of you out.

Looks to me that he has some ingrown hairs and that he is at the beginning of an infection. I'm surprised they didn't give him some antibotics both orally and topically to try and stop it.

Maybe he should go and see a dermatologist who specializes in AA hair conditions, I think that would help him.

I hope he gets better soon. Keep us posted.

sevetlana

Looks to me that he has some ingrown hairs and that he is at the beginning of an infection. I'm surprised they didn't give him some antibotics both orally and topically to try and stop it.

Maybe he should go and see a dermatologist who specializes in AA hair conditions, I think that would help him.

I hope he gets better soon. Keep us posted.

Thanks Nice&wavy!!
More like AC ( African Caribbean) :grin: I will tell bout the anti-biotic s tho.

frizzy

That looks like some serious stuff going on on her scalp. I would try vinegar rinses and sulpher products like Boundless Tresses or something.

Is the scalp itchy, flaky, painful, etc.?

sevetlana

That looks like some serious stuff going on on her scalp. I would try vinegar rinses and sulpher products like Boundless Tresses or something.

Is the scalp itchy, flaky, painful, etc.?

Yes it is flaky and painful I will ask about the itching sometimes the bumps fill with puss not a pretty site. Btw this is a male. He says if he lets his hair grow longer the condition is not so bad but once he cuts it after a couple of days it starts to get bad. I think he picked up an infection at his barber. He cuts is own hair now.

I have some bee mine (2whole bottles):look: What ratio vinegar mixture do you recommend. Thank you so much.