Trying to remain hopeful...

Shaniquah

My cousin, my best friend, my ace - is in a coma, on a respirator (blood clot on lung, may have had at least 3 heart attacks, which led to extensive brain damage, according to the doctor) We've got family and friends praying for her, and I was hoping that LHCF wouldn't mind throwing up some prayers for her. Our hope is that maybe the doctor is wrong or maybe just giving us a bleak outlook to prepare us. I don't know.....in any case, I figure prayers move mountains and this is a mountain that needs to move!

I truly, truly appreciate you all for any prayers you can give......thank you.

:rosebud:

chicacanella

I just was looking over this scripture:

James 5

13Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. 14Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

PoeticJustice

I sent up a prayer for your friend. The good news is God is the doctor in a sick room and according to Isaiah 53, By His stripes, we are healed. ((((HUGS))))

Shaniquah

So sorry I'm getting back to this so late....I haven't been at a computer since Friday, but I wanted to let you all know that I truly thank you all so very much. It does help a lot. God bless you all.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Your cousin is definitely in my prayers. God bless you Shaniqua.. :giveheart:

Nice & Wavy

So sorry I'm getting back to this so late....I haven't been at a computer since Friday, but I wanted to let you all know that I truly thank you all so very much. It does help a lot. God bless you all.

I'm still praying. I know I didn't respond to your OP, but I have been praying.

Be encouraged. One of my good friends had this happen to her as well and it was from asthma. She went into a coma and the doctors said that she would not make it.

The intercessors stayed around her bed as much as possible, praying and petitioning God on her behalf.

She came out of that coma. She said that she heard us praying, but she was surrounded in darkness and kept trying to get closer to our voices, but she could find us. She began to pray the same things we were praying for her and she woke up...it took about a week or two before she woke up.

Keep praying by her bedside as much as possible. She hears you. Tell her to pray as well.

Shaniquah

Whew...I have to say, I am truly comforted by everyone's words and prayers! I am definitely encouraged, but I do struggle with faith from time to time. It's difficult, especially when you see someone who was full of life, then to see them with tubes, etc., coming out of everywhere. My other cousin (her sister) said "I hear everyone saying to 'have faith, to remain hopeful because she will come out of this fine,' but I'm looking at my sister; I'm seeing her and I can't help but wonder 'maybe God has made his decision.'" So I am conflicted, but I will not falter because no matter what happens, His plan is something we cannot change, and I have to say I am at peace with that.

My blessings to you all...

Precious_1

Whew...I have to say, I am truly comforted by everyone's words and prayers! I am definitely encouraged, but I do struggle with faith from time to time. It's difficult, especially when you see someone who was full of life, then to see them with tubes, etc., coming out of everywhere. My other cousin (her sister) said "I hear everyone saying to 'have faith, to remain hopeful because she will come out of this fine,' but I'm looking at my sister; I'm seeing her and I can't help but wonder 'maybe God has made his decision.'" So I am conflicted, but I will not falter because no matter what happens, His plan is something we cannot change, and I have to say I am at peace with that.

My blessings to you all...
When I read the above, this scripture immediately came to mind, Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

Have faith while your loved one is sick, I know the tubes and lines coming out everywhere are really scary and it looks bad, and right now you cant really see the good, but thats just what that scripture was talking about, be encouraged and I will keep your family in prayer.