Turkey Red Castro Oil vs JBCO

JBCO vs Turkey Red Castor Oil

• JBCO

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Turkey Red Castor Oil

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

sunshinne368

Hello ladies so currently I use regular castro oil, however everyone on here talks so much about JBCO! I also recently came across turkey red (it has sulfur in it) castro oil from www.essentialwholesale.com , I was wondering if anyone has tried the turkey red one, and if so what are your results! Also it is a lot cheaper than JBCO! Also this website has a lot of good products! So let me hear the JBCO views and the red turkey castro oil views :yep:

PuffyBrown

Hello ladies so currently I use regular castro oil, however everyone on here talks so much about JBCO! I also recently came across turkey red (it has sulfur in it) castro oil from www.essentialwholesale.com , I was wondering if anyone has tried the turkey red one, and if so what are your results! Also it is a lot cheaper than JBCO! Also this website has a lot of good products! So let me hear the JBCO views and the red turkey castro oil views :yep:

yea I remember a post a long time ago...I thought somebody posted some warning about it though, so make sure you confirm that before you use it. I know I was going to get it but something made me change my mind. I can't remember that too well. I'll give it some more thought but somebody else will probally chime in. Keep us posted if you decide to use

sunshinne368

yea I remember a post a long time ago...I thought somebody posted some warning about it though, so make sure you confirm that before you use it. I know I was going to get it but something made me change my mind. I can't remember that too well. I'll give it some more thought but somebody else will probally chime in. Keep us posted if you decide to use

Thank you! Currently doing a search!

PuffyBrown

Thank you! Currently doing a search!

YW.
I did research but I did not find any thing that could have an immediate negative affect. It may be that somebody said something about the smell. During my research, I did come across several things that talked about the scent, but since its only a few bucks you can always get one without a big loss. I may reconsider too.

carameldiva

Turkey Red Castor oil is next on my list of purchases along with Megatek. I know that someone here used it with great results, however, I can't remember who it was and what her hair type was. I know that was years ago.

sunshinne368

Turkey Red Castor oil is next on my list of purchases along with Megatek. I know that someone here used it with great results, however, I can't remember who it was and what her hair type was. I know that was years ago.

Thanks carmeldiva! When you find out let me know!:yep:

mrsmeredith

Turkey red oil is not appropriate for hair. I use it on a regular basis in my bath products but its not something that you want to use for hair. Also, the sulfur thats in it is not the same as flowers of sulfur.

sunshinne368

Turkey red oil is not appropriate for hair. I use it on a regular basis in my bath products but its not something that you want to use for hair. Also, the sulfur thats in it is not the same as flowers of sulfur.

Thank you mrsmeredith, can you tell me the what it does for bath products?

OhmyKimB

I was thinking about this too...plus I was wondering if this was the sulfur that we want for hair growth and health...and etc....

I was looking up yesterday but I know it contains sulfuric acid but I was hoping a hair chemist lol...knew some more or could help

mrsmeredith

Thank you mrsmeredith, can you tell me the what it does for bath products?

Its the only oil thats water dispersible. Say for example you add it to a bath oil (not much though) it would help the oil disperse in the water so the tub would not be so oily and in turn you will get the effects of the bath oil but not the oily side effects.

sunshinne368

So I also emailed the owners of essential wholesale regarding Turkey Red oil and adding to products for hair and this is what they said

Hi there,

Turkey red castor oil can be used in hair products but it is most effective
for very dry hair. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Melissa
Essential Wholesale

So I may just purchase this! Is there anyone else that has had experience with this stuff?

sunshinne368

I've added it to my pre-poo mix and have had no problems, can't really say anything about growth yet, but it feel just like castro oil!

jamaraa

I didn't know this has sulphur in it, but if it's castor oil it should be fine to use on hair and body just fine. I bet it stinks more than the regular whites stuff and the black stuff, but it should be just fine aside from that.

carameldiva

I have been putting it in my megatek mix. It doesn't stink per se just has a unique aroma to it.
It is a little different from reg. castor oil. It is a light aroma.

I didn't know this has sulphur in it, but if it's castor oil it should be fine to use on hair and body just fine. I bet it stinks more than the regular whites stuff and the black stuff, but it should be just fine aside from that.