Twist, Braid, Bun for Growth Challenge (1/1/13 - 3/31/13)

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Last night was my first night not re-braiding and flexi rodding my newly texlaxed hair.

I have been wearing my flat twist out in a bun since Monday. I need to wash, but I am trying to hold out until Friday when I have some time.

Here is my hair from this morning (the picture shows how my edges did not get any relaxer on them lol):

Attachments

• hur.jpg
    hur.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm going to try the headband and I thought about applying something to my roots. I will give a try :yep:.

The trick was gel and tying it down with a scarf for 15-20 minutes :yep:. Looks great. At this rate I may leave in the twists until right before I get my hair done next Friday.

Igotstripes

I plan on dying my hair either Friday or Saturday so today I did some big twists with my hairveda vatika frosting sample to start prepping for the color. The pic with the scarf is after I did them but then I decided I didn't want twist in my face so I pinned them back. My hair smells like cupcakes <3

Attachments

• image-3605558074.jpg
    image-3605558074.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 47
  • image-4035166006.jpg
    image-4035166006.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 41
  • image-3358274138.jpg
    image-3358274138.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 49

trinity8mod8

I took my twists down yesterday and shampooed and conditioned today. After washing I sprayed on S-curl, which was very moisturizing for my hair :love: . It left my hair really soft and tangle-free, but it was too "fluffy" so I added conditioner to hold it down. So I'm just rockin a wash-n-go now.

BraunSugar

I've been hair lazy. Buns. Ponytails. Buns. I'm going to pick up a new blow dryer this weekend so that I can blow out my hair and put in some mini braids.

LilMissRed

took my twists down yesterday, wore a cute twist out that was pinned up in the back... currently dc'ing for the day... will retwist this evening

Fine 4s

First twist out of the year will probably re twist on Sunday- back to work...I like chunky twist outs because they preserve more of the natural crimp.

Side bday twist out...

Attachments

• image-261306649.jpg
    image-261306649.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 55
  • image-3372551709.jpg
    image-3372551709.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 67

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
First twist out of the year will probably re twist on Sunday- back to work...I like chunky twist outs because they preserve more of the natural crimp.

Side bday twist out...

Yea yea yea....love the hair. Um!!! Where u get the dress? :yes:

Fine 4s

Last edited:

isawstars

finally received my wen!

This weekend I'll be back in this challenge. Goodbye braid outs and puffs!

I'm wearing twists going forward. Maybe I can do 6 months straight again!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I've worn the large braids under the satin cap and beanie for just about four weeks. I think the next two weeks I will switch it up and do some flat twists in front and a bun in the back. Will try to post pics tomorrow.

song_of_serenity

Retwisting now...at 2 am ugh. But gotta look fresh for church tomorrow. :) had to pull for a quick length check. Aww yeah!:grin: I'm retaining!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 33

BraunSugar

I bought a blow dryer this weekend!!! I'm going to wash & dc tomorrow, then put in some medium sized twists for the week. I've been working out like crazy so I think wearing twists & braids would be better for me than bunning.

Evolving78

just washed my hair. i will be in my bun today. i don't plan on doing anything special to my hair until the 16th and the 23rd of this month.

NikkiQ

The bunning truck is just moving along over here. Going to wash tomorrow and try to band my hair in order to stretch it for bunning during the week. Has anyone in here had success doing that? I've never tried banding before.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Shoot I was just thinking I should of pinned my twists last night like Naptural85 does so I could get a stretched twistout. Well I can pin them up for most of the day and take it out later on tonight. I can't wait until the morning because I know it will take me longer than I think it will to take these twists out. I guess I can stretch the twistout also by putting it in two puffs overnight. My hair isn't long enough to pineapple.

Angel of the North

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning)? Buns, braided buns, braid-out buns

2. What is your style maintenance regimen? Bun on wash day, headscarf when sleeping, take down and re-bun once midweek

3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? Relaxed

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? Thickness and retention

5. After wearing your hair out will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days? N/A I don't intend to wear my hair out.

6. Include Starting Pic. (You are not a challenger without a pic). Please see my sig

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
I have just been moisturizing my twists daily and following up with castor oil on my ends

Fhrizzball

Shoot I was just thinking I should of pinned my twists last night like Naptural85 does so I could get a stretched twistout. Well I can pin them up for most of the day and take it out later on tonight. I can't wait until the morning because I know it will take me longer than I think it will to take these twists out. I guess I can stretch the twistout also by putting it in two puffs overnight. My hair isn't long enough to pineapple.

I do pigtail bantu knots to stretch my twistouts and twists which I guess it is similar to how Naptural85 does hers except hers is just one big bantu in the back. You do lose definition that way but it's a nice fluffy new look I find.

FoxxyLocs

I took my cornrows out yesterday. That made six weeks in braids. I washed and did a bantu knot set. I'll wear it loose for two days, then bun, then another wash and back in braids.

faithVA

I took my flat twist out Friday and washed, DC. Saturday morning I did my first rollerset for an even Saturday night. It came out much better than expected. I'm still sporting that rollerset in a puff. I will be twisting my hair back up tonight. I may switch over to the rollersetting challenge in April, so I can cowash my hair more.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Okay of course I was lazy and didn't take out the bobby pins until this morning. I had put in a million. That took 30 minutes. Then I took my twists out. That took 2 hours. I'm an early riser so I was still able to make in into work by 9am. Happy with the twist out. My hair wanted to tangle really badly so that's what took so long. I had to be really careful. I will wear it out today-Wednesday. Then put it up some kind of way for Thursday & Friday. I'm thinking maybe to big flat twists on the sides that go into a low bun in the back. Friday afternoon I will be getting my hair re-twisted.

Fine 4s

TheEspressoHair

Yea yea yea....love the hair. Um!!! Where u get the dress? :yes:

Fine 4s[/QUOTE]

Lolol!

Some boutique or lil cheap store around my way. Not from a national store. It was on the mannequin outside during the summer...

TruMe

NikkiQ - I'm interested in seeing what it looks like once you take it down. Was thinking of trying it myself as well.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Sported bantu knots aka chiney bumps aka corkscrews this weekend.