Twist sets and braid outs

Cres81

Hi everyone. I am pretty new here and need a few pointers. I want to create a full looking twist set and braid out and I need a few pointers.... I want the style to look full and big. What are good tips for achieving success with these styles. Thanks in advance for the help.

sweetcocoa

Welcome, there are several really good threads on this forum about doing and maintaining braidouts. Go to the top of the forum and click on search and type in braidout and then in the next block click on "haircare tips and product review" then click on 'all posts' .
Here's the link to one of the threads....
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Women&Number=31836&Forum=CatSearch-2&Words=braidouts&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=31827&Search=true#Post31836

atate

I hope this is not a stupid question. But how do you secure the ends of a braid/twist out? Do you place an elastic tie on the end?

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
I hope this is not a stupid question. But how do you secure the ends of a braid/twist out? Do you place an elastic tie on the end?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its not a stupid question and yes, I place another ouchless rubberband at the bottom and just let it hang. In the morning, I remove the ouchless on my hair tip and roll it on a roller to define the direction the twist-out will go - do not untwist, roll it up twisted up.

atate

Thanks! This is very helpful info. I will try this after my re-touch next weekend. Maybe I will take a picture of it to!