Tye Tribbett says ...

Iwanthealthyhair67

Gospel Artist Tye Tribbett Says Homosexuality May Be 'Natural' But It's Not 'God's Best'

By Nicola Menzie , Christian Post Reporter
March 20, 2014|8:20 am
(Photo: Facebook/Tye Tribbett)
Gospel artist Tye Tribbett.

Tye Tribbett, award-winning gospel recording artist, shared recently that although he agrees that homosexuality may be "natural," he does not believe it is "God's best for our lifestyle, according to the Bible."

Speaking exclusively to Sister 2 Sister magazine about his observations on how some churches approach dealing with congregants who may experience same-sex attraction, Tribbett said he agreed with the interviewer's suggestion that homosexuality was "natural," but made it clear that he does not believe God approves of it.

"There are lots of things that are natural to us that may not be God's best for us," he told the publication, which is featuring his interview in its April issue. "That's my only thing. I'm not saying that homosexuality is not natural. I agree with you that it is. There are several things that come naturally that's not God's best. Children 2 years old, 'Did you eat that cookie?' 'No.' Lying came naturally to them."

He added, "Nobody taught that kid how to lie. It came in the flesh package, but that's not God's best. There are certain things that can trigger the not-so-great natural in all of us. But is it God's will or God's best for us, period? And I don't condemn homosexuality, but I don't believe it's God's best for our lifestyle, according to the Bible."

This was not the first time the popular Christian artist spoke on homosexuality and feelings people might view as natural.

Speaking in a video interview published online in 2008 about how much he "loves the Word of God" and how God had been working on him, the 38-year-old singer, who grew up in the Pentecostal Apostolic tradition, shared how he learned to deal with "carnal" inclinations.

In the video, Tribbett speaks on the "doctrine of feelings" in relation to Galatians 5:16, which states: "So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh."

"It's the 'doctrine of feelings,' where you do what you feel and it's justifiable. You be true to yourself when you do what you feel. We call it keeping it real. Whereas if someone makes you mad, you cuss or you swear at them. Why are you cussing? 'I felt like it.' … You're justifying, you're being true to yourself. I call it a 'doctrine of feeling,' where it's actually walking in carnality."

Going on to share about the time he felt God had led him to Galatians 5:16, Tribbett said he found the content of the Bible verse to be "crazy … because He didn't say that if you walk in the Spirit you won't feel it."
"Whether you walk in the Spirit, pray, fast or not, you're gonna feel the lust of the flesh. Yes that's a real feeling," he said. "Whether you're in the Spirit or not, you're gonna feel the lust of the flesh. But if you walk in the Spirit you won't fulfill it. The sin is not feeling it, the sin is fulfilling it."
Referencing 2 Corinthians 6:14, a verse that warns Christians against being "unequally yoked with unbelievers," Tribbett added, "We're in the image of God, so if you function in homosexuality, that's not who you are. You're yoked to another spirit. You're agreeing with something else. So God is saying, 'Don't agree with lust, agree with Me and let's get this job done, let's get this kingdom work done."

Tribbett, a New Jersey native and the son of ministers, has several music nominations and awards under his belt and has toured with artists like Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. His latest album, Greater Than, released in 2013, earned him two wins at this year's 56th annual Grammy Awards for Best Gospel Album and Best Gospel Song ("If He Did It Before... Same God [Live]").

Watch the video interview of Tribbett explaining the "doctrine of feeling" below or on YouTube.

MrsHaseeb

He danced all over the place simply to avoid calling it what it is: SIN! He never once mentioned repentance but simply said it's not God's best. He sounds just like Joel Osteen with that mess. He didn't give Christ the preeminence, he didn't say that Jesus died to free us from the bondage of sin, which includes homosexuality. His comment shows compromise.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Gospel Artist Tye Tribbett Says Homosexuality May Be 'Natural' But It's Not 'God's Best'

By Nicola Menzie , Christian Post Reporter
March 20, 2014|8:20 am
(Photo: Facebook/Tye Tribbett)
Gospel artist Tye Tribbett.

Tye Tribbett, award-winning gospel recording artist, shared recently that although he agrees that homosexuality may be "natural," he does not believe it is "God's best for our lifestyle, according to the Bible."

Speaking exclusively to Sister 2 Sister magazine about his observations on how some churches approach dealing with congregants who may experience same-sex attraction, Tribbett said he agreed with the interviewer's suggestion that homosexuality was "natural," but made it clear that he does not believe God approves of it.

"There are lots of things that are natural to us that may not be God's best for us," he told the publication, which is featuring his interview in its April issue. "That's my only thing. I'm not saying that homosexuality is not natural. I agree with you that it is. There are several things that come naturally that's not God's best. Children 2 years old, 'Did you eat that cookie?' 'No.' Lying came naturally to them."

He added, "Nobody taught that kid how to lie. It came in the flesh package, but that's not God's best. There are certain things that can trigger the not-so-great natural in all of us. But is it God's will or God's best for us, period? And I don't condemn homosexuality, but I don't believe it's God's best for our lifestyle, according to the Bible."

This was not the first time the popular Christian artist spoke on homosexuality and feelings people might view as natural.

Speaking in a video interview published online in 2008 about how much he "loves the Word of God" and how God had been working on him, the 38-year-old singer, who grew up in the Pentecostal Apostolic tradition, shared how he learned to deal with "carnal" inclinations.

In the video, Tribbett speaks on the "doctrine of feelings" in relation to Galatians 5:16, which states: "So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh."

"It's the 'doctrine of feelings,' where you do what you feel and it's justifiable. You be true to yourself when you do what you feel. We call it keeping it real. Whereas if someone makes you mad, you cuss or you swear at them. Why are you cussing? 'I felt like it.' … You're justifying, you're being true to yourself. I call it a 'doctrine of feeling,' where it's actually walking in carnality."

Going on to share about the time he felt God had led him to Galatians 5:16, Tribbett said he found the content of the Bible verse to be "crazy … because He didn't say that if you walk in the Spirit you won't feel it."
"Whether you walk in the Spirit, pray, fast or not, you're gonna feel the lust of the flesh. Yes that's a real feeling," he said. "Whether you're in the Spirit or not, you're gonna feel the lust of the flesh. But if you walk in the Spirit you won't fulfill it. The sin is not feeling it, the sin is fulfilling it."
Referencing 2 Corinthians 6:14, a verse that warns Christians against being "unequally yoked with unbelievers," Tribbett added, "We're in the image of God, so if you function in homosexuality, that's not who you are. You're yoked to another spirit. You're agreeing with something else. So God is saying, 'Don't agree with lust, agree with Me and let's get this job done, let's get this kingdom work done."

Tribbett, a New Jersey native and the son of ministers, has several music nominations and awards under his belt and has toured with artists like Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. His latest album, Greater Than, released in 2013, earned him two wins at this year's 56th annual Grammy Awards for Best Gospel Album and Best Gospel Song ("If He Did It Before... Same God [Live]").

Watch the video interview of Tribbett explaining the "doctrine of feeling" below or on YouTube.

What ????

Lukewarm... Lukewarm.... Lukewarm... "straddling the fence"

Shimmie

Staff member
he's confusing

He danced all over the place simply to avoid calling it what it is: SIN! He never once mentioned repentance but simply said it's not God's best. He sounds just like Joel Lateen with that mess. He didn't give Christ the preeminence, he didn't say that Jesus dies to free us from the bondage of sin, which includes homosexuality. His comment shows compromise.

So is he gay or what?

He's fearful of public 'backlash'.

I don't know why he's afraid to 'stand' especially if he knows who he is in Christ Jesus. :nono:

He needs a hefty dose of I Peter 3:13

paradise1975

He's fearful of public 'backlash'.

I don't know why he's afraid to 'stand' especially if he knows who he is in Christ Jesus. :nono:

He needs a hefty dose of I Peter 3:13

Thank you Shimmie. He is afraid of public backlash. Probably afraid to lose fans etc. We can't afford to straddle the fence. There is no grey area in Christ. It would be awesome if he truly took a stand for what the word of God says concerning homosexuality. Its not right. Its not God ordained and no its not natural!

momi

Thank you Shimmie. He is afraid of public backlash. Probably afraid to lose fans etc. We can't afford to straddle the fence. There is no grey area in Christ. It would be awesome if he truly took a stand for what the word of God says concerning homosexuality. Its not right. Its not God ordained and no its not natural!

Exactly. He doesn't want to miss any checks. :nono:

You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. James 4:4

Kurlee

I feel sorry that he's speaking in circles; avoiding a straight yes or no.

he could genuinely feel that way or be struggling. Whichever it is, I wish him well. I think many Christians' approach to homosexuality is very alienating. People need more room to speak up and offer different perspectives without being lambasted all the time.

Shimmie

Staff member
he could genuinely feel that way or be struggling. Whichever it is, I wish him well. I think many Christians' approach to homosexuality is very alienating. People need more room to speak up and offer different perspectives without being lambasted all the time.

@Kurlee, I understand expressing compassion towards anyone who is struggling. Yet, God's Word is still clear that it's wrong. Prophesy in the Bible says the gay lifestyle would become more accepted as 'natural', rendering it as not a sin and it has. That men and women would lend themselves unto the unnatural use of the body (homosexuality).

This deception has spread into society like molten lava. You now have government officials legalizing the sin (gay marriage); it's spread into the schools deceiving young children that it's normal; it's now on tv commercials showing two men raising children as a man and woman should.

To say that it is natural and not God's best is compromising God's Word. The Truth is it's wrong. The struggle comes from the 'sexual pleasure' of this sin. It is a spirit of darkness, yet Jesus has covered the deliverance of it upon the Cross. There are many who have lived (past) gay lifestyles but have allowed God to free them and give Him glory for it.

Ty and all of the others are no different, for God is no respecter of persons. The gays were not eliminated from the Cross. There is no other perspective.

No one is rejecting the humanity of a person in this bondage, it's the 'normalizing' of the sin, which is beyond dangerous to humanity. Innocent child will grow up and die and go to hell because they were taught that gay is normal and chose to live that way and/or encourage it.

We cannot afford to embrace this sin. We simply cannot. :nono:

Last edited:

Kurlee

@Kurlee, I understand expressing compassion towards anyone who is struggling. Yet, God's Word is still clear that it's wrong. Prophesy in the Bible says the gay lifestyle would become more accepted as 'natural', rendering it as not a sin and it has. That men and women would lend themselves unto the unnatural use of the body (homosexuality).

This deception has spread into society like molten lava. You now have government officials legalizing the sin (gay marriage); it's spread into the schools deceiving young children that it's normal; it's now on tv commercials showing two men raising children as a man and woman should.

To say that it is natural and not God's best is compromising God's Word. The Truth is it's wrong. The struggle comes from the 'sexual pleasure' of this sin. It is a spirit of darkness, yet Jesus has covered the deliverance of it upon the Cross. There are many who have lived (past) gay lifestyles but have allowed God to free them and give Him glory for it.

Ty and all of the others are no different, for God is no respecter of persons. The gays were not eliminated from the Cross.

No one is rejecting the humanity of a person in this bondage, it's the 'normalizing' of the sin, which is beyond dangerous to humanity. Innocent child will grow up and die and go to hell because they were taught that gay is normal and chose to live that way and/or encourage it.

We cannot afford to embrace this sin. We simply cannot. :nono:
I agree with you, but it is natural in the sense that it is natural for the flesh to be perverse and want to get involved in all kinds of foolishness. That's why we need the spirit, because the flesh alone "naturally" wants to do all kinds of things that are inappropriate and not pleasing to God. I think that's all he was trying to say. I don't he was trying to condone anything. The same way some of us struggle with other sins (lying, pride, adultery, other sexual perversions), some struggle with homosexuality. Some embrace it as "no big deal" and others resist and try to repent and do right.

Shimmie

Staff member
I agree with you, but it is natural in the sense that it is natural for the flesh to be perverse and want to get involved in all kinds of foolishness. That's why we need the spirit, because the flesh alone "naturally" wants to do all kinds of things that are inappropriate and not pleasing to God.

I think that's all he was trying to say. I don't he was trying to condone anything. The same way some of us struggle with other sins (lying, pride, adultery, other sexual perversions), some struggle with homosexuality. Some embrace it as "no big deal" and others resist and try to repent and do right.

Thanks Kurlee... Your heart is very loving. I've always seen this in you.

:bighug: