Type 4 with APL and Beyond..Post Your Regimen plesase

ajoke

Barbara, are you relaxed?

Hair Type: 4a/b

Wash: Salon visits twice a month; click on link for primary hair care products and pictures

Detangle: Stylist prefers Infusium 23 Repairology with a wide tooth plastic comb

Protective Styles: Twist into a bun 95 percent of the time; sleep with a bonnet or scarf; even with a hat, I wear a scarf or bonnet underneath.

What's aided in your growth: Using moisture rich hair care products, protective styling, and less manipulation. My hair is never washed more than twice a month, plus my stylist is not "scissor happy." The last time he cut my hair was two years ago, which was extremely necessary, because the right side was 6 or 7 inches longer than the left side. This brought my hair to bra clasp length. I haven't had any trims since then, because he feels it isn't necessary.

Here a side point: My stylist prefers to rotate products from time to time. I consistently used my primary hair care line for ten years, then he recommended my current secondary products which I have been using for six years now. They are as follows: Cream of Nature Shampoo (original ultra moisturizing/detangling formula) which I stocked up on since it's been discontinued -- but there's still more here in Los Angeles; Motions Moisture Plus conditioner (tub version); Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor; and Infusium 23 Repairology (formerly leave in treatment, used for detangling).

aquajoyice

Hair Type: 4A

Wash: (how often you wash/cowash, products used) I wash 1x a week in sections using African Black Soap.

Detangle: (how often and what do you use products and tools) I detangle before washing using V05 con and a wide tooth comb. I make sure to section into smaller sections to ensure less hair loss.

Protective Styles: Buns, wash n' gos and twist outs.

What's aided in your growth: protective styles, low manipulation, no heat, plenty of moisture then seal in moisture using either shea butter or oils (coconut, Argan or castor).

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Hair Type: 4b/4c natural

Wash: (how often you wash/cowash, products used) I wash once a month with Keracare Detangling shampoo. Dc with Nexxus Emergencee and Keracare Humecto

Detangle: (how often and what do you use products and tools) I detangle with a wide tooth comb once a day before I cross wrap my hair at night

Protective Styles: I'm a straight haired natural, but when I want to give my hair a break, (no pun intended) I wear plaits under a wig.

What's aided in your growth: Patience when detangling, low manipulation, protein and aloe vera juice

Current length Apl

Attachments

• 20141125_194302.jpg
    20141125_194302.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

faithVA

Hair Type: 4b/4c natural

Wash: (how often you wash/cowash, products used) I wash once a month with Keracare Detangling shampoo. Dc with Nexxus Emergencee and Keracare Humecto

Detangle: (how often and what do you use products and tools) I detangle with a wide tooth comb once a day before I cross wrap my hair at night

Protective Styles: I'm a straight haired natural, but when I want to give my hair a break, (no pun intended) I wear plaits under a wig.

What's aided in your growth: Patience when detangling, low manipulation, protein and aloe vera juice

Current length Apl

Prettymetty, How in the world did you find this thread :lol:

fiasca

Hair : Type 4

Wash : (how often you wash/cowash, products used)
I wash once a week with DOP Shampoo, I use Motions conditioner, Vatika Deep conditioner

Detangle : (how often and what do you use products and tools)
I detangle on the shower once a week
I use a wide tooth comb

Protective Styles :
Half wig

What's aided in your growth:
Drink a cup of bamboo tea every morning
Moisture and seal twice a day
seal with my special mixture (MSM powder, MN, sulfur powder, castor oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil)

I eat one fruit everyday (usually banana)
I take also vitamins (phyto specific vitamins & biotin 10 000 mcg)