Type 4's in Need of Inspiration...Check out this Fotki!

thaidreams

If any of you ladies are looking for some new hair inspirations then checkout JazBnatural's Fotki:

http://members.fotki.com/JazmineB/about/

She's been natural for over 9 years now and was HL when pressed (she recently did a cut). I'm not sure if Jaz has already been highlighted on this board, but I just stumbled onto her page the other day and she was great about answering some of my questions!:yep:!

newbeginnings2010

Thank you so much for posting this! I'm soooo in need of inspiration right now. Transitioning is making me crazy!:drunk:

ETA: WOW. It looks like she has 3 or 4 textures going on! That thickness is ridiculous!

Last edited:

Nonie

:drool:

You too, OP. Are you cousins? Your mane is also :drool:-worthy. :love:

Thanks for posting. Sent me stalking two Fotkis I'd never visited before. :lick:

thaidreams

:drool:

You too, OP. Are you cousins? Your mane is also :drool:-worthy. :love:

Thanks for posting.

No problem! I always love finding new hair inspirations and Jaz is defiantly one for me! I wish we were related because beautiful locks look like they run in her family!:grin:!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Thanks for posting. Her hair is beautiful, but it looks like Type 3 to me. Her hair is definitely thick and dense, but the texture pattern is not tightly coiled like Type 4.

Poohbear

Here's a pic of her hair right out of the shower in it's natural state, no twist out or braid out or anything:

That's not Type 4.

thaidreams

Here's a pic of her hair right out of the shower in it's natural state, no twist out or braid out or anything:

That's not Type 4.

Regardless of wither you consider her a Type 4 or not she classifies herself as a 4a blend. I'm Type 4 and I know that the longer my hair gets the looser my texture looks due to the weight. Jaz's hair is stunning regardless and I just wanted to share it with other looking for inspiration.

Geminigirl

It is looking like type 4 near the roots, maybe, but not even there really either, but the ends def not type 4. Either way I effn hate her in a good way. UGH I want thickness. Grow hair GROW!

Poohbear

regardless of the fact if she is a type 3 or 4, her hair is gorgeous.

Regardless of wither you consider her a Type 4 or not she classifies herself as a 4a blend. I'm Type 4 and I know that the longer my hair gets the looser my texture looks due to the weight. Jaz's hair is stunning regardless and I just wanted to share it with other looking for inspiration.
I said her hair was beautiful, no doubt, but this thread title might be misleading to some type 4s who might expect their hair to behave the same way as this girl's hair.

Rei

I said her hair was beautiful, no doubt, but this thread title might be misleading to some type 4s who might expect their hair to behave the same way as this girl's hair.

this

when I first bc'ed i was certain that I'd have "type 4" hair like velvet (and like this girl too actually)

:look: suffice it to say, I was "dissapointed". I don't know if I'd look to her hair for inspiration but either way her hair is gorgeous. Thanks for posting, OP, i can't wait until my twists get that long :drunk: I'm a sucker for long twists

CocoGlow

Her hair is GORGEOUS ..... but like was stated before, she does not have type 4 hair at the roots or the ends

It's very easy to mistake cottony type 3 hair for type 4 because her curls are not silky & defined like most photo representations of type 3 hair however, it's clear that her S shaped curls are larger than the tight coils of type 4 hair. I would categorize her hair as mostly Cottony 3B .. very unique too because I've never seen someone's ends look that silky compared to their roots unless it was heat damaged...her curls seem to get looser near the ends too .... very interesting but lovely nonetheless :yep:

I have 4B hair and a very small patch of cottony 3B at my nape and although it looks, acts and feels very different to me, I can manage to make it resemble my 4B hair for the most part. If it were silky 3B, it would be a LOT harder to blend the 2 textures.

Not trying to take away from the original purpose of the thread (her beautiful thick hair is an inspiration!) but I too felt the need to say something so that those w/ true Type 4 texture don't look at her hair as a representation of what they should expect ....even when their hair grows out & "stretches" ...

Qurlyqt

I'm really clueless when it comes to hair typing. I don't even know what mine is. :look: Nonetheless, her hair is gorgeous! I :love: the pic Poohbear posted. OP, thanks for sharing. :yep:

ConstantlyDynamic

i'm adding her to my list of people to stalk lol sorry girl, i have to. gorgeous hair

on the whole hair typing thing:
here, her roots look like the roots of a 4. before i first permed (at 13), my hair looked that way though it was shorter (this girl's got some length on her!). it wasn't coily. my grandmother's hair looks like that (she's been a natural her whole life). same for my mom but i have no 3's in my family (except for one who i just met this year). we're all 4s. i do notice that her hair gets straight at the ends but i think that is from heat because it is far different from her roots. she also claims 4.

Attachments

• IMG_6412-vi.jpg
    IMG_6412-vi.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 16