U-Part wig help!

waffigrl

Hey all!

So I just finished doing my first u-part wig, and it looks great...BUT, the fit is very wonky, despite the fact that I used an adjustable weaving cap, and included wig combs. It fits my head perfectly, but the perimeter is too loose due to the weird flappy things on the side.

I used this cap: http://www.sallybeauty.com/weaving-...7366-A1FC-5640-BF12-50CE3AA9695B&cm_vc=MYBUYS

Help me make this wig comfortable and snug, because I'm afraid to wear it out and have it fall off.

If not, should I use a dome cap instead and just re-sew the U-part wig?

Thanks!

Aqua2012

I would suggest using a dome cap. That's what I always use. It just fits better to me. I hate those tabs on the side of the adjustable caps

SelfStyled

Can you cut the flappy things off?

How do you plan on wearing the u part? Will you remove nightly? If you are sewing it down, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

So you don't have to start from scratch is it possible to overlay the upart on a dome cap, and sew it to the dome cap?

I feel your pain....I have never been able to make a u part- I use lace front wigs and cut a small v- and it is an instant u part.

Good luck.

waffigrl

I would prefer to remove it nightly, and I already sewed tracks on the flappy things so I can't cut them off. I think I might try sewing the U-part on a dome cap first and if that doesn't work, I'll just start over :(

SelfStyled I wish I had done your lace wig u-part

Aqua2012 Which brand of dome cap do you use, and where can I get it from?