Ugh!!!!!!!! I think my NEW steamer is broke!!!

ttlayli

:wallbash:Okay so I purchased a hair steamer from an ebay seller that many ladies recommended. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=190232844196

I put it together...um it's just a tad bit woobly, but hey it still stands!! :lachen: So I turn it on test it. Um, I see the "dome" slowly fogging up, but I assumed there will just be these bursts of steam all over the place. :rolleyes: So anyways, water is spilling on the bottom of the piece that holds the water fixture up (the part with the slits)...I mean it's just LEAKING out those slits!!!! :wallbash: Is it broken?? I have waited forever and a day to get the steamer and I will be soooo upset if I have to return it!!! :nono:

For those that have purchased this steamer: Please offer help!!! Am I doing something wrong here??? I do not want to return this steamer!!! :wallbash:

I don't have this exact same one but mine looks to be similar. Is your bottle that catches the extra water screwed on tightly w/ the rubber ring in it?

I have this steamer also and yes, it is a bit wobbly. I found after I used it and turned it off, water poured out. I thought maybe I had done something wrong when I put it together. Not sure, so I'll be following this thread for advice.

I don't have this exact same one but mine looks to be similar. Is your bottle that catches the extra water screwed on tightly w/ the rubber ring in it?

Are you referriing to the little cup in the front??? If so, yes it's screwed on tightly, but there was no rubber ring for it. The only rubber ring was for the water tank, and it's screwed it pretty tight...

I have this steamer also and yes, it is a bit wobbly. I found after I used it and turned it off, water poured out. I thought maybe I had done something wrong when I put it together. Not sure, so I'll be following this thread for advice.

When you use it, is it a lot of steam or just like a "mist"...like only the dome fogs up?? It doesnt appear to be a lot of steam coming out.

Are you referriing to the little cup in the front??? If so, yes it's screwed on tightly, but there was no rubber ring for it. The only rubber ring was for the water tank, and it's screwed it pretty tight...

I guess I'm confused as to where your leak is? Is it where the waste water cup is or the tank?

The tank part...it's the metal part with the slits in it (hope that make sense)...the water leaks out the slits..

hmmm, i just looked at mine and I can't figure out how water would leak out of those slits. Have you tried contacting the seller?

I would also try removing all the water from the steamer then trying it again. I don't know:ohwell: I'm trying to think of what else you could try.

hmmm, i just looked at mine and I can't figure out how water would leak out of those slits. Have you tried contacting the seller?

I would also try removing all the water from the steamer then trying it again. I don't know:ohwell: I'm trying to think of what else you could try.

The internal hose which connects the water tank portion to the steamer hood may not be attached properly...that's the only reason I can
come up for the slit leaks.

I know you and AgieB have contacted these people about replacements???

Much success ladies to resolving this challenge...

Thanks ladies....I tried the steamer and it worked great. Water still leaks out though, so I will be contacting the seller...maybe I dont have it tight enough?? :look:

Thanks ladies....I tried the steamer and it worked great. Water still leaks out though, so I will be contacting the seller...maybe I dont have it tight enough?? :look:

Did you get your steamer to stop leaking? I have used mine only a couple of times and now it is leaking the way yours is...am so upset :( I could cry...:wallbash:

Back