Ughh. Does anyone have a secret to stoping the Knots when they do Bantu Knots?

It~Can~Grow

Does anyone have the secret to stopping the Knots when they do Bantu Knots?

I'm sure that title was a double negative, but I need help..

I get so many compliments when I do bantu knots and take them down. After I explain to everyone that I did not use rollers to achieve the look but merely twisting of the hair they fall in love even more with the style.

The style is so glamorous looking I admit I love the look and ease as well. What I don't like is the KNOTS. I feel that I'm defeating the purpose of low mani 6 days a week if I get knots that one Sunday I wear my hair down from Bknots.

When I do twist outs that doesn't happen. I know it's something in my technique. After the whole wash routine...I apply Redkin Anti Snap and Pro. Break free on each section and twists. After they are dry, I unravel each knot with coconut oil on my fingers and separate with my fingers. A comb or pick never touch my hair.

H-E-L-P Ladies....SOS I need rescuing.:help:

I don't want to give up this style because it looks so cute on 11+ post hair but if I can't stop the knots I'll have no other choice.

Sincerely,
:pullhair:
Knottie

Last edited:
i have the same problem i love my bantu-knots, i call it my artificial natural when i rock my hair in those curls:grin: but when i wash them out i loose too much hair, i think my problem is that i've been doing them too small cuz when i look at other people's fotki they have like 6-10 knots and i have way more than that :sad:but i really like the tigh curl look

i have the same problem i love my bantu-knots, i call it my artificial natural when i rock my hair in those curls:grin: but when i wash them out i loose too much hair, i think my problem is that i've been doing them too small cuz when i look at other people's fotki they have like 6-10 knots and i have way more than that :sad:but i really like the tigh curl look

That happened the first time, and while they were cute, I like it better when the curls are a bit bigger. This time around I did about 14, but hey, my head is big.

Could that be the problem, we need even fewer knots? :ohwell:

I had the same problem OP which really got on my nerves. I try to unravel the knot in the opposite direction I twisted it in.

Thanks, Ladies

Curious...has anyone found a secret product they use before or after unraveling the knots that seems to make the hair smoother and knot free?

Just wondering if I need to apply something to smooth it out because the lo mani does not allow me to comb each section so I'm sure there are varied lengths of hair catching as well :look:

i just wish i could get a pictorial of how to do the darn things....mines for some reason look like blah....

i did my bantu knots last night- i was inspired by this thread- and i did them bigger and i did not twist the ends so we'll see how they turn out when i wash them out tonight, i'll be back with results

btw my hair is super cute today- if i do say so myself:grin:

Back