I'm very upset with my hairdresser!

Toni

I\'m very upset with my hairdresser!

I have been taking very good care of my hair for a couple of months now. I decided not to use any chemicals for six months because my hair was overprocessed. I went into crownrows which have been great, my hair is getting a much needed rest.
However on wed I made a trip to my Salon for a new set of cornrows after washing and deep condtioning my hair. Keep in mind a have 4a hair the has about 1.5 of new growth. My hairdresser whips out this blowdryer and start ripping through my hair on high with a comb attachment. It hurt and was taking my hair out I'm sure. I told her not to use that attachment and that the temp was too high. She was cold to me afterwards. I think I need a new hairdresser pronto. She abuses my hair and does not take into account my wishes.

By the way her hair is a mess, it is broken and dry. Hello.....that should have been a major RED flag.
mad.gif

Re: I\'m very upset with my hairdresser!

some hairdressers don't care about the health of your hair. they are just too busy trying to squeeze as many people in as possible. she didn't want to wait for your hair to dry properly....you might want to consider learning how to do your own cornrows for a while.

Ya, many haridressers are just interested in getting you in quick and done in a hurry. And many of them DO NOT know what HAIR CARE is. I think you should just practice doing cornrows. Its took my about a year to get it down right. I only go to the salon for a little trip now and then.

I would switch or wash, dry and detangle myself befre I go. When I get braids that is what I do. Although last week I got braids and the same thing happened to me but I was too much of a punk to speak up.

I had a similar experience when I went to Marvin in NYC recently for a touch-up. The assistant began pulling the comb roughly through my hair without taking the time to detangle. I stopped her immediately and had NO PROBLEM thereafter.

We must speak up, and if you don't mind lying -- what worked for me was telling them that I have a very bad headache, they were usually gentle afterward. I found myself an Angel of a hairdresser (shout out to Sherry) she listens, does exactly what I want and is very very good at what she does. Try to find yourself a new hairdresser.

I had a similar experience when i told my stylist that I didn't want a trim. She argued with me about it, saying " if you don't get a trim, your hair is going to split all the way up the shaft, leaving you with no hair." I insisted that I didn't want a trim, and she began rippng the blowdryer with the attachment through my hair. I had all thes little broken hairs all over my shirt all because she was trying to prove a point. I sat there and smiled, booked my next appointment, and never showed up. They act like doing hair is a god-given talent or something. Oh yeah, her hair was jacked up to boot.

my mom is one of three black hairdressers in town an she an i have always wanted to make sure her clients get proper hair care, however theres been a few times that someone will come in a say to my mom that the blow dryer isnt hot enough, even through it was already on mid an damn near hot as hell or that my mother wasnt washin her hair right because she couldnt feel her fingernails tearing through her hair... or why she doesn carry the imfamous black gel. its amazin how may ppl actually want there hair abused.
trust me there are good stylist out there, hope you find one that caters to ur needs.

[ QUOTE ]

By the way her hair is a mess, it is broken and dry. Hello.....that should have been a major RED flag.
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go.
whyme.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
debyjay, do you go to the stylist off burnside/179th in the Bronx?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the one you recommended before CH by a kentucky Fried chicken etc. I always get confused over in that area as to what is fordham and what is burnside.

I am so angry about how this hairdresser got away with treating Toni like this. Please do not go to this hairdresser anymore. Tell more people about how she treated you.

At the lil' salon I go to, I am the only person with hair on the sides, the only one that doesn't get a weave, the only one that doesn't get direct heat or gelled down styles in hair. My stylist calls me a drill seargent because I tell her what and what not to do, and when to do it too. It's my hair!

Save your money girl and learn how to do those cornrows yourself
smile.gif

I got cornrows last saturday and just to make sure that there was no drama I washed, conditioned, and blow-dried myself and then went to the salon. Unless you find a better hairdresser it looks like you're going to have to do the same. I like to do that anyway because I know exaclty what I'm putting into my hair and can give it what it needs before I get it braided.
smile.gif

I know what you mean, when I was getting my braids done the braider blow dried my hair, but she used a small tooth rat tail comb. I was trying to hint to her to use a larger tooth comb by saying when I comb through my hair I use a large tooth comb. Thank God the whole ordeal didn't last that long and I had combed it some before I left home. I figure that some of the braiders don't have a clue because they just do braids, but with my 9 months of transitioning, common sense would seem to tell you to use a larger comb.

My braider allows me the option of washing my own hair before she braids. I prefer to do this because she does use a hot blow dryer with a brush to dry hair. Switch braiders, I say.

Back