UK LADIES: SUGGESTIONS FOR A STEAMER . . . .

Estelle

Hi Ladies,

I normally Deep Conditioner my hair under a hooded dryer or Soft bonnet dryer, however i really don't feel that the conditioner penetrates down into the hair follicles.

I was thinking of getting a Steamer sometime soon :ohwell: but was wondering if i could get something else in the meantime that is much cheaper. Like a Heating Cap or Steaming Cap.

However i don't know which brands are good? I got the APHRODITE 3-Heat Conditioning Cap (picture below) and this did nothing for me. Matter of fact the cap was just too BIG for my head!

Was wondering if you Ladies could be so kind enough to give me any other suggestions . . . .

lonei

Estelle said:
Hi Ladies,

I normally Deep Conditioner my hair under a hooded dryer or Soft bonnet dryer, however i really don't feel that the conditioner penetrates down into the hair follicles.

I was thinking of getting a Steamer sometime soon :ohwell: but was wondering if i could get something else in the meantime that is much cheaper. Like a Heating Cap or Steaming Cap.

However i don't know which brands are good? I got the APHRODITE 3-Heat Conditioning Cap (picture below) and this did nothing for me. Matter of fact the cap was just too BIG for my head!

Was wondering if you Ladies could be so kind enough to give me any other suggestions . . . .

I have (well my mum has) an Aphrodite steamer and dryer and have had it for about 15 years with no breakdowns, they are great. However, I have to buy a new steamer and dryer and am going to go for the same brand. I was thinking of buying that same conditioning cap instead as the steamer is approx £200, is the steam cap really that bad?

Estelle

lonei said:
I have (well my mum has) an Aphrodite steamer and dryer and have had it for about 15 years with no breakdowns, they are great. However, I have to buy a new steamer and dryer and am going to go for the same brand. I was thinking of buying that same conditioning cap instead as the steamer is approx £200, is the steam cap really that bad?

It's not really that bad. It's just that i don't feel the Conditioner penetrating into the hair follicles. It's as if the conditioner just sits on my hair. And like i mentioned earlier the steam cap is big on my head when i put it on (besides the fact that it has an adjustable rope on both ends of the cap).

That's why i wanted to know of any other alternatives instead of buying a Steamer.

betty-boo

Well I've been using the Aphrodite conditioning cap and I now like the fact that it doesn't bubble up and send shafts of steam out of it. I think its alright - it did take me a while to get used to it (it was purely psychological), but I've been using it now since July 2006 and I think its great.
My hair comes out deep conditioned and is so much stronger. Any heat to heat up your conditoners I think is all you need. I used to want to get a steamer cos that's what they used in the salons - but that heating cap is enough if it was able to turn around my severely damaged hair to what it is now, then that's all I need.