UK School to Put Witchcraft & Druids on Religious Education Syllabus

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Had to come in and see what 200+ posts could be about... :peek:

English is the official language of the United States of America.

The U.S. has no official language, but on to more important things.

Christianity has a pagan culture. It has a Druidian culture. The Catholic church brought Christmas, Marti Gras, Fat Tuesday, Tarot, Easter, Lent and all sorts of other pagan traditions into the church.

Yes, the Church brought many pagan elements into its worship. But think about the structure of that sentence: "brought into". The fellowship of believers in Christ was alive, well, and flourishing before any of those traditions became incorporated into the Church. A group of people's faith in Christ is not about the days one celebrates Jesus' resurrection or birth or anything like that. You could take away all the things you mentioned and faith in and devotion to Jesus Christ would still exist. The pagan elements you mentioned didn't show up until at least 300 years after Christians had been living and worshiping together.

Christians were an extremely small number compared to paganism. "Christianity" is an organized religion. Before Jesus, it was not. Period. People practiced witchcraft and prayed to Sun gods. Jesus is also a Sun god. Like it or not. When they say "he is risen," they're talking about Jesus- The sun/son...why the bible says you can't look at Him.

"Before Jesus, it was not." What does this mean? Before Jesus, there was no Christianity, as people were called "Christians" who followed Christ. Hence, such a thing as "Christianity" could not exist before Jesus, organized or not. Jesus of Nazareth is a historical person. This is attested to by even secular scholars. Those who believe that Jesus of Nazareth is God and rose from the dead are Christians. The life and worship of those called Christians is Christianity. Maybe you know this, but the above quote sounds like maybe not...

Jesus is a sun god...according to whom? Your "sun"/"son" connection would hold more weight if it weren't completely reliant upon English pronunciation. Those two words have no such connection in the original biblical languages. In Aramaic, Jesus' native tongue, "son" is "bar" and "sun" is "kham". In Hebrew, "son" is "ben" and "sun" is shemesh/chammah. In ancient Greek, the word for "son" is "huios" and the word for "sun" is helios. Closer than the others, but nothing like "son" and "sun".

And again, the Gospel texts were composed very much before the traditions you mentioned were brought into Christian worship.

Was everyone not damned before the found/accepted Jesus? Who were they? They weren't nameless. They were Pagans, Druids, Witches, Warlocks. They worshipped the Sun. They worshipped Amen-Ra. They burried the dead. I don't care if you believe God was here or Jesus was here or both. These people were pagans. Period. This is written in the bible (Amen, circumcision, animal sacrifices,Vudum Laws/Commandments, etc) and after the bible (Christmas, Fasts, Feasts, etc).
The Hebrews who made a cow to worship were celebrating the Taurus. Pagan. Period.

Yes, the Hebrews who made a cow to worship were worshiping pagan gods. And the worship of false pagan gods is also what made the Lord angry with them. The bible never pretends that false gods were not worshipped. The point is that people are to turn from the false gods to the true and living God, ultimately fully revealed in Jesus. So, I think to point out that Hebrews were worshiping a pagan God completely overlooks the fact that the point of that story was that what they were doing was completely contrary to the Lord's commandments for them. So even then there was a distinction made between pagan Gods and the Lord. The prophets of the Old Testament repeatedly make the distinction between how other peoples served their gods, and how the Lord God was to be served. There was always the call to separation...and explicitly so. So I think you'd have to come up with more than "pagans existed at the time" to say that somehow Judaism and then Christianity are themselves pagan in origin.

You've said repeatedly "this is fact." But a lot of what you've said is very confused. Not confusing, but confused. There are many elements wrapped up together that need to be taken apart.

Last edited:

JeterCrazed

nicola.kirwan said:

Yes, the Church brought many pagan elements into its worship. But think about the structure of that sentence: "brought into". The fellowship of believers in Christ was alive, well, and flourishing before any of those traditions became incorporated into the Church. A group of people's faith in Christ is not about the days one celebrates Jesus' resurrection or birth or anything like that. You could take away all the things you mentioned and faith in and devotion to Jesus Christ would still exist. The pagan elements you mentioned didn't show up until at least 300 years after Christians had been living and worshiping together.

"Before Jesus, it was not." What does this mean? Before Jesus, there was no Christianity, as people were called "Christians" who followed Christ. Hence, such a thing as "Christianity" could not exist before Jesus, organized or not. Jesus of Nazareth is a historical person. This is attested to by even secular scholars. Those who believe that Jesus of Nazareth is God and rose from the dead are Christians. The life and worship of those called Christians is Christianity. Maybe you know this, but the above quote sounds like maybe not...

Jesus is a sun god...according to whom? Your "sun"/"son" connection would hold more weight if it weren't completely reliant upon English pronunciation. Those two words have no such connection in the original biblical languages. In Aramaic, Jesus' native tongue, "son" is "bar" and "sun" is "kham". In Hebrew, "son" is "ben" and "sun" is shemesh/chammah. In ancient Greek, the word for "son" is "huios" and the word for "sun" is helios. Closer than the others, but nothing like "son" and "sun".

And again, the Gospel texts were composed very much before the traditions you mentioned were brought into Christian worship.

Yes, the Hebrews who made a cow to worship were worshiping pagan gods. And the worship of false pagan gods is also what made the Lord angry with them. The bible never pretends that false gods were not worshipped. The point is that people are to turn from the false gods to the true and living God, ultimately fully revealed in Jesus. So, I think to point out that Hebrews were worshiping a pagan God completely overlooks the fact that the point of that story was that what they were doing was completely contrary to the Lord's commandments for them. So even then there was a distinction made between pagan Gods and the Lord. The prophets of the Old Testament repeatedly make the distinction between how other peoples served their gods, and how the Lord God was to be served. There was always the call to separation...and explicitly so. So I think you'd have to come up with more than "pagans existed at the time" to say that somehow Judaism and then Christianity are themselves pagan in origin.

You've said repeatedly "this is fact." But a lot of what you've said is very confused. Not confusing, but confused. There are many elements wrapped up together that need to be taken apart.

The defacto language of the United States is English. Just because it's defacto, doesn't make it any less official. Black people having separate water fountains was defacto, but yes. More important things.

"Before Jesus, there was no Christianity, as people were called "Christians" who followed Christ. Hence, such a thing as "Christianity" could not exist before Jesus, organized or not. "
That was the very point I was making.

"Yes, the Hebrews who made a cow to worship were worshiping pagan gods. And the worship of false pagan gods is also what made the Lord angry with them. The bible never pretends that false gods were not worshipped."

I'm trying to find out where I'm supposed to disagree with you.

"So I think you'd have to come up with more than "pagans existed at the time" to say that somehow Judaism and then Christianity are themselves pagan in origin"

I said much more than what you DECIDED to quote. Don't skip over and then declare that's all I said. However, what you said and agreed with is more than enough reason for Paganism to be taught in school.
I mentioned more than traditions. Selective quoting. It's written up thread.

ETA: Oh and about the sun. That was not a phonetic correlation (eta:not between sun and son, anyway). Look up Solar Yahweh. The Israelites worshipped Yahweh as the sun.

Malachi 4:1-2 KJV

For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Sent from my Inspire HD using LHCF

Last edited:

CoilyFields

There is fact. There is opinion. Pagan roots of Christianity is fact. What is counterfeit is opinion. No one said paganism or witchcraft was true and this is not how it's taught in school. Since Adam did not write Genesis, it's irrelevant to civilization in between creation and scripture. This is not a matter of opinion. This is fact.

ETA: There were religions before Judaism. Hint: the world is round.

I think nicola.kirwan gave a thorogh explanation so I will not repeat. But Pagan roots is not a fact. Root is a life source or origin. To say that Christianity originated from paganism is not true. It was the extention/completion of Judaism (the coming of the foretold Messiah).

And as i mentioned before, Judaism as an organized religion was not the first religion...but was the first legitimate religion...meaning the first organized set of practices and beliefs that served the One True God. And before the organization of Judaism some people did serve the True God. For example, the Bible talks about Cain and Abels offerings to God, it talks about Noahs interaction with God, about Malchizadek being a priest of God...all of this serving of the one true God before Judaism was officially established (and before and during the time the paganism was being practiced).

JeterCrazed

CoilyFields said:
I think nicola.kirwan gave a thorogh explanation so I will not repeat. But Pagan roots is not a fact. Root is a life source or origin. To say that Christianity originated from paganism is not true. It was the extention/completion of Judaism (the coming of the foretold Messiah).

And as i mentioned before, Judaism as an organized religion was not the first religion...but was the first legitimate religion...meaning the first organized set of practices and beliefs that served the One True God. And before the organization of Judaism some people did serve the True God. For example, the Bible talks about Cain and Abels offerings to God, it talks about Noahs interaction with God, about Malchizadek being a priest of God...all of this serving of the one true God before Judaism was officially established (and before and during the time the paganism was being practiced).

Israelites were before Judaism as was Judahites and others. They are before Abraham and therefore pagan. Fact. Not opinion.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

nicola.kirwan and CoilyFields

Thank you for your Ministeries.

For some odd reason, many outside of Christianity have the notion that Christians are without historical knowledge and facts regarding our Christian faith.

The two of your have disspelled this erroneous concept with not only the truth but you done so as Jesus would... full of wisdom.

This wisdom applies also to Iwanthealthyhair67 , Health&hair28 , Crown, Alicialynn86, and auparavant ... whose posts I've been reading recently. I have to go back and read more in this thread.

Just sayin'....

Last edited:

Crown

:yep::yep::yep: I agree no one is 'stupid', but I have to say many comments are 'unwise', especially those with absurdities regarding Christianity.

It amazes me that non Christians have so much to say about their Christians knowledge... yet it's not scriptually supported...
You know, God uses even the fools to accomplish His plan. All that was said in this thread can help someone to become a Christian or can help a Christian to get rid of pagan rituals that were brought in Christianity.

Luke 18: 8 … However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?

Why, Lord, with all those Christians?

Rev. 3: 14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

We can all become lukewarm if we don’t abide in The Word of God.
These two passages are profound and can help us stay or be awake like the 5 wise virgins.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
You know, God uses even the fools to accomplish His plan. All that was said in this thread can help someone to become a Christian or can help a Christian to get rid of pagan rituals that were brought in Christianity.

Luke 18: 8 … However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?

Why, Lord, with all those Christians?

Rev. 3: 14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

We can all become lukewarm if we don’t abide in The Word of God.
These two passages are profound and can help us stay or be awake like the 5 wise virgins.

Thanks Crown. Thank you for being in here sharing your heart and wisdom ... :Rose:

JeterCrazed

Crown said:

Yeah. Like the Easter Shimmie celebrates, right?