Underprocessed hair situation....help!

Leslie_C

First of all, if your hair is underprocessed, is it safer to deal with it and straighten as needed when wearing straight styles but risk breakage bc of different textures, or have a corrective relaxer done? Can a corrective relaxer be done more than once?

The reason I ask is I have very underprocessed parts of my hair and in humid FL it makes my hair even more prone to frizz. I have dealt with it so far but Im wondering if some of the breakage and shedding Im getting is bc of this.

my hair doesnt shed or break at all when its flat ironed out(for a week). but when I air dry, use no heat, etc, thats when I get more shedding and breakage bc of the textures. I have straight parts and then partway down the shaft its puffy if that makes sense.

The stylist Ive been going to told me it was underprocessed and I needed a corrective relaxer, so she did it, but it didnt really take. The next time I went in for a touch up, she left the relaxer on longer.... tooo long as far as Im concerned(I guess she figured I needed more time to process) so THENNNN my roots were really straight and the middle part was still left underprocessed. Now I have a lot of new growth(6 weeks) but dont plan to relax for several more weeks(4-6).

Basically I have different textures all over now and wonder if I should get another professional to fix it or just deal with it?

I found a dominican salon that seems to know their stuff so Im thinking of going there for my relaxers from now on and maybe seeing if they can correct the problem.

Tene

My hair came out underprocessed in some areas and I've been dealing with it. I won't get another relaxer until I'm 8 or 9 weeks post. What I did was waited a week and used Aphogee treatment for damaged hair. That worked tremendously on my hair. Everytime I would rub my hair or comb it I had short strands of hair coming out. The Aphogee stopped that almost immediately. Then I had more shedding than usual and I've been using Biolage Fortifying conditioner and leave-in treatment and that has helped a lot. I also spray my hair with surge daily. Now I'm back to only having one, two, or three strands come out when I wash my hair. I co wash my hair daily and keep it moisturized using profectiv breakfree and healthy ends. I plan on going back to an old hairdresser that I used to go to when I was younger. I never had any problems with my hair when she was doing it.

Leslie_C

Tene, I have some good protein conditioners, but I dont want to overdo it. How often are u using them? Is the biolage a protein one?

I have nexxus emergencee(it says it can be used weekly but I was afraid it would be too much, so Im going to use it in a few days and that will be two weeks). I also have design essentials 6 in 1 reconstructor, Elasta QP breakage control serum, and Aubrey GPB

These are all good products but Im not sure how often I should use them?
They do work when I use them but usually within a week or so my shedding is back. I lose a small cottonball size of hair when I comb it out every time(usually after washing)

Tene

The biolage doesn't have any protein in it, it said on their website it can be used daily. I used aphogee only once and the biolage I've been using daily. It's formulated for weak and overworked hair. I also heard motions cpr stops shedding.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I got my last relaxer June 13 with Motions Mild relaxer and it didnt straighten my new growth at all! So Im dealing with underprocessed hair as well but I see it as a way to test my challenge of extending my relaxer touch up time. Im trying to go for September until the next time I get a touchup!

Tene

Here's what it says about the conditioner:

Strengthens Weak, Over-Worked Hair.

New! With Cerafusion™ Technology.

Biolage Fortifying Conditioner is an essential step in the unique Biolage Fortifying Systeme that strengthens weak, over-worked hair as botanicals deeply condition.

Biolage Fortifying Systeme of shampoo, conditioner and treatment with patented Cerafusion™ technology reduces hair breakage up to 90%. It replaces natural ceramides (intercellular bonds) to fill in weak spots created by brushing, styling and chemical services. Hair is strengthened from roots to ends in just ten days. Repeated use continues to improve hair's healthy look and natural shine.

For sale only in professional beauty salons.
Made in USA

Additional Product Information from drugstore.com:
Attention customers: Matrix Essentials, Inc. cannot guarantee the authenticity of any product sold by an unauthorized retailer such as drugstore.com. Matrix Essentials, Inc. states that its products are guaranteed only when sold through professional salons. If the UPC codes or other tracing codes are missing from any product container of a Matrix Essentials, Inc. product purchased by you, please retain your purchase receipt to assist in the tracing of that product in the unlikely event it is defective.

drugstore.com is not associated or affiliated with Matrix Essentials, Inc. or the Biolage hair care products sold in these stores.

Directions:
Apply to wet hair after shampooing with Biolage Fortifying Shampoo. Rinse thoroughly. Follow with Biolage Fortifying Treatment.

Ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-100 Stearate (Rosemarinus Officinalis), Glyceryl Stearate (Hydrastis Canadensis), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-11, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Lemongrass Extract, 2-Oleamido-1, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, Kelp Extract, Hibiscus Extract, CI 61570/Green 5

Leslie_C

Tene,
*covering eyes...* I CANT buy anymore products right now....lol, but it sounds soooo tempting!

Poohbear, My last touch up was May 29 and I have soooo much new growth (it will be 6 weeks Saturday) already....its a blessing but a curse too because I dont know how to deal with these 50 different textures in my head....new growth(natural), super straight hair, then underprocessed hair mixed with some other crap(I guess processed)....My hair is really (*_)(&)&$@ing me off right now!!!!!