Unsure about stylist

Harina

Soooooo I went to this woman to get my hair pressed like three months ago. That day the woman before me got a spiral set. The lady did a great job on both our heads. So I decided recently I want a spiral set and went to the website to book an appointment. Of course, this woman is Miss Popular and is ooked up all weekend. Actually everyone is except for one stylist. This stylist has like 20 times open on Saturday, looks like the whole day really. She also has no reviews. I only went to this salon once but I feel as though she was working there three months ago so I don't think the reason she is so available is because she is new.

To sum it up, I kinda don't want to book with her because of this.

bronzephoenix

I'd advise to at least view photos of her work & maybe have a consultation beforehand to be able to feel her out. If she's licensed, she should have photos; even if they're from beauty school.

Keep in mind, she may be available for several different reasons. It doesn't necessarily mean she's a horrible stylist... But if I were you, I would err in the side of caution. I'm a stylist & I don't trust anyone else in my head. This hair journey is no game, lol.

ETA: It only takes a few moments for a setback that could cost you months!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

Harina

Thank you! I'm going to ask her for pics, just to see her work. For some reason, she doesn't have any pics on the company site.