Super Grow Out Challenge **Update Month 2**

SilverSurfer

It's going well for me. My hair is growing a bit and has thicken up a bit. I haven't trimmed it since the first month of challenge and don't plan to for a while

Healthb4Length

my hair is doing ok...I haven't been following any regimes I just do buns and wash like 3 times a week, I'm being very gentle cause I'm 26 weeks post texturizer.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
melodee said:
Well, I think I am going to stay in the game for a little while longer--instead of chopping. I found a salon/stylist that is willing to work with my textures as I stretch my time between touch ups. The dryness is still there, but what was most frustrating is trying to comb out my own hair, I got more and more nervous if I saw any breakage.

Although the stylist believes in stretching relaxers, she did give me the line about needing the dead ends trimmed. She told me that I needed two inches trimmed--but I completely disagree! My ends are fine, in fact they don't ever look any better even after a big trim. It's the hair that's closer to my head that is giving me trouble. Why do they always have to talk trims?
I am so glad you decided not to cut. I hope that the new stylist works out for you. If you do decided to trim a little make sure you watch her like a hawk. She sounds scissor happy!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Shawnee66 said:
My hair is trying to make some progress. My shedding and breakage is somewhat under control. My ends are really thin this must be because of the breakage. I tried the Nioxin line this weekend, my hair came out really well. I used some samples but I think I'm going to purchase the full size. I finally bought a digital camera so I can really keep track of my progress. I will be relaxing at 10 weeks instead of 12 because by the time I get to 10 weeks my hair starts to break really bad no matter what I do.
Well, it sounds like you have everything under control! Can't wait to see the pic!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
eboniefaerie said:
Since last month nothing much has happened. I’m sure my hair has improved in some way, but I can’t really tell. I’ve been trying to fine-tune a simple regimen w/ few products and steps. I may go back to daily CW; they worked very well for me last summer. I also really need to stop talking to my mom and grandmother about my hair they just don’t understand and they aren't encouraging.

It’s been almost a year since my last relaxer, and I have no clue what I want to do with my hair. My mom says I should just relax, my grandmother feels the same. I just don’t know.
First, don't relax just because your family wants you to. It should be totally up to you! I know that family can put the pressure on though.

Daily co washes are wonderful. I have been debating on whether or not I want to start them again and my decision was 'yes'. My hair was awesome while I did these.

You may want to sit down and list the pros and cons of relaxing. If the cons outweigh the pros then don't do it and vice versa. Good Luck with whatever decision you make!! HHG

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
sweetpeadst said:
I have taken my braids out. You can check out my pics. Still no perm tomorrow I will be 19 weeks post relaxer. I believe I had over 1 1/2 inches of new growth from my braids. But I think I will need a trim once I get my perm.
Your hair looks great!! That sure is a lot of newgrowth girly!! Don't trim off too much hair alright!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
angellazette said:
I'm still in, have a new starting length! I cut my hair tonight and am happy I did. So I guess that's a setback, but it feels so much better and looks better. :grin:
Well don't worry about the cut. We still have 10 more months left. I am sure your hair will grow plenty in that time!! HHG

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Destinee said:
Nothing major going on. I got another trim last month and I still have tons of knots and tangles. :( I’m planning on getting my braids this weekend and just wearing a quick weave for a while.
Sorry to hear of all the knots and tangles. Braids are a great way to give your precious locks a break for a while. Good Luck!

L

LaNecia

Running a little late on this one but here I is!!

Been doing well with the daily CO washing and weekly deep conditioning. I found a few products that have made all the difference in the world in my hair's health and manageability. If knew last month what I know now, I wouldn't have done the big chop but it's all good cause I really like my hair now!! I guess I had to be forced into a position to learn a new way of relating to my hair, thanks ladies!

I can't say I've seen major growth improvements (in terms of speed) but I've virtually NO breakage so I'm keeping what I grow!! :bouncy:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
brwnsug20 said:
Hey Guys!
I am so frustrated. I make some progress and then I feel like I have to trim. I can't stop trimming. I just don't want to have length, I want it to be healthy. I need serious help.
Sounds like you are very scissor happy. If you want length that's a nono. Try not to wearing your hair in constant protective styles so you won't be eyeballing your ends all the time. I am sure your ends are fine. HHG

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
NewYorkgyrl said:
I have not seen much progress. My next relaxer is supposed to be next week but I am going to stretch it out until after I come back from Miami. Hopefully after my relaxer I will see some results.
We once you relax I am sure you will see better results. You probably have plenty of shrinkage going on. You know that makes the hair look shorter than what it really is.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Alli77 said:
my hair is doing ok...I haven't been following any regimes I just do buns and wash like 3 times a week, I'm being very gentle cause I'm 26 weeks post texturizer.
It's nothing wrong with keeping it simple!! HHG

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
LaNecia said:
Running a little late on this one but here I is!!

Been doing well with the daily CO washing and weekly deep conditioning. I found a few products that have made all the difference in the world in my hair's health and manageability. If knew last month what I know now, I wouldn't have done the big chop but it's all good cause I really like my hair now!! I guess I had to be forced into a position to learn a new way of relating to my hair, thanks ladies!

I can't say I've seen major growth improvements (in terms of speed) but I've virtually NO breakage so I'm keeping what I grow!! :bouncy:
Wonderful to hear!! Those co washes are da bomb aren't they!!

melodee

Thanks DSD! I will watch her, or I may just tell her I'll do it at home. They always roll their eyes when they hear that one.

Chin

Well, I'm doing ok. I felt like my hair wasn't growing until I saw my progress pics. I might of got 2 inches in 2 months. I combined the Jan and Feb pics into one, since I forgot to take it in Jan.

hottopic

I am still hanging in there. I thought I already checked in but it might have been another one...I following my plan, but I did slip up on taking my GNC hair and nails...I don't remember anymore.....But other than that everything is cool :cool:

sugaplum

Star Shooter
simplycee said:
Well I touched up earlier than scheduled due to my travelling schedule the next 3 weekends. I regret my decision to have my stylist do it. I asked for my usual Motions Oil Moisture relaxer in regular. What I got was a no lye box perm. :( (I posted about this experience) I know from previous experience that no lye relaxers cause extreme drynes and frizziness in my hair. I'm praying that I don't suffer any setbacks. My next touch up will be right at the 12 week mark and done by ME!

The good news is I'm alot closer to my goal of bra strap. I also purchased a maxiglide this month. I think that was a good investment for me. I posted pics of my maxiglide results.

I still do the baggie method at night and wear a bun during the day. I'm still keeping to my regimen of wash every 2 to 3 days, deep condition weekly and air dry in a ponytail.

I feel you SimplyCee. :kiss: I read your post about this ordel a while back. A simular thing happened to me and my sister. We've been seeing this stylists for years, then one day she wanted to trim out ends and she ended up giving us a cut style!!! :angry2:

I'm doing great on my challenge, DSD. I've been wearing protective styles and buns ALWAYS. I just took down my full head weave and permed it over the weekend. Here are the products I'm using:

CO wash:Suave Tropical Coconut & VO5 Strawberries & Cream mixed w/honey & EVOO. Also I do a honey w/ warm water rinse.
Shampoo: Creme-of-Nature 3-in-1 (green label)
Deep Condition: Proclaim Cholesterol, Mizani MoistureFuse
Leave In: Mint Tea mixed wdistilled water & white vinegar (thanks to lovethathair's recipe :) , Salerm 21, and Infusium 23 mixed w/distilled water
Hair Oils: Mixuture of EVOO,Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E, Castor, & Kemi Oil

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
melodee said:
Thanks DSD! I will watch her, or I may just tell her I'll do it at home. They always roll their eyes when they hear that one.
Great!! I need to use that one if I ever let another stylist touch my hair!! Good Luck!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Princess_Teearra said:
Well, I'm doing ok. I felt like my hair wasn't growing until I saw my progress pics. I might of got 2 inches in 2 months. I combined the Jan and Feb pics into one, since I forgot to take it in Jan.
You are doing better than ok. The pics don't lie do they!! Congrats on all the growth.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
hottopic said:
I am still hanging in there. I thought I already checked in but it might have been another one...I following my plan, but I did slip up on taking my GNC hair and nails...I don't remember anymore.....But other than that everything is cool :cool:
Glad everything is going well. HHG

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
sugaplum said:
I feel you SimplyCee. :kiss: I read your post about this ordel a while back. A simular thing happened to me and my sister. We've been seeing this stylists for years, then one day she wanted to trim out ends and she ended up giving us a cut style!!! :angry2:

I'm doing great on my challenge, DSD. I've been wearing protective styles and buns ALWAYS. I just took down my full head weave and permed it over the weekend. Here are the products I'm using:

CO wash:Suave Tropical Coconut & VO5 Strawberries & Cream mixed w/honey & EVOO. Also I do a honey w/ warm water rinse.
Shampoo: Creme-of-Nature 3-in-1 (green label)
Deep Condition: Proclaim Cholesterol, Mizani MoistureFuse
Leave In: Mint Tea mixed wdistilled water & white vinegar (thanks to lovethathair's recipe :) , Salerm 21, and Infusium 23 mixed w/distilled water
Hair Oils: Mixuture of EVOO,Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E, Castor, & Kemi Oil

Yay!! Good News, good news is always music to my ears!! Wonderful, keep up the good work!

Chakira

Frustrated! I may have barely gotten an inch sinc January. I've been rocking a sew in for the past 4 weeks and I plan to take it out in probably 3 weeks so I'll measure it then. I'm doing the CO washes every other day with either daily defense's tender apple or main and tail. I've been slacking on the vitamins though, I need to get back on track with that and my water intake.

Next month will be better, maybe I have that hair anorexia?

pink_flower

Im happy with my progress! Lets see..

-I self-relaxed for the first time at 10 weeks(even tho' I was shooting for 12). I did the half and half method and my top half is a little underprocessed but I didn't expect perfection my first time around. I feel confident I'll get the results I want next time. I also plan to stick with relaxing every 10 weeks.

-I've also been pretty consistent with my regimen, I rollerset and flat iron my roots only 1-2x a week. I found I loose way less hair this way.

-Oh I also did a Sebastions cellophane! It's really pretty- I didn't expect anything dramatic but several people have commented on my reddish color. It's also super shiny too- I can almost always skip my serum when I do a set.

- Finally my hair reaches the very top of my bra. It took FOREVER and I'm still not satisfied. I would like my hair to reach bra strap when its curled, so my new goal may just be bottom of bra strap. I also plan to concentrate on my sides a little more, since I have many layers. :ohwell:

I updated my album too..

Last edited:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I have been wearing a bun and doing the baggie method since the beginning of this challenge. I haven't looked at my hair. I have learned that I MUST do a pre-shampoo treatment with oil. It helps with my comb-out.

I am feeling a bit frumpy and plain with this bun right about now! But then I think about my goal of trying to grow my hair past the small of my back for the first time and I keep hanging in there.

So far so good.

RachelL

I'm happy with my progress. I've added a couple of pics to the Super Grow Out folder of my album. I'm inching closer to bra-strap. I've been working out everyday lately so I made a few adjustments to my regimen. So far, it's been going well, but I guess the true test will be when I get close to touch-up time. But so far so good.

Mariaat40

pink_flower said:
- Finally my hair reaches the very top of my bra. It took FOREVER and I'm still not satisfied. I would like my hair to reach bra strap when its curled, so my new goal may just be bottom of bra strap. I also plan to concentrate on my sides a little more, since I have many layers. :ohwell:

I updated my album too..

You've got pretty, thick hair Pink Flower.