updated fotki :(

FAMUDva

Hey Y'all!

I just updated my fotki... I'm soo irritated with my transition progress :(

My transition has been SUPER easy this time around, so that's not what irritates me... what I'm irritated by is the fact that after my hair was professionally straightened twice within a 4 week span (1 time to check wedding day styles, the next was for the wedding) my hair would NOT revert back to it's old self in the front. My NG in the front was COMPLETELY straight after the wedding :(

I'm starting to get some waves back, but not like it should be at this point in my transition.

You can check out my update my clicking HERE. Password is FAMU. There are pics from Aug-Dec...

The same thing happened to me during my transition. The weight of your relaxed hair might have something to do with it too. My bangs are straighter than the rest of my hair still, but it was curlier once I finally cut the straight ends off.

The same thing happened to me during my transition. The weight of your relaxed hair might have something to do with it too. My bangs are straighter than the rest of my hair still, but it was curlier once I finally cut the straight ends off.

Girl, I wish that was the case... You can see clearly in my album, the PRE pics when I was about 9 months post relaxer BEFORE she pressed my hair that it reverted fine in the front. The after pics are almost 12 months post. I actually have less relaxed ends now at 12 months than I did at 9 months because she trimmed 1.5 inches at my Oct. appt. I just suck it up to a lesson learned... No more professional presses for me from someone who doesn't specialize in natural & transitioning hair care.

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that, but the fact that you're seeing some waves now may mean that it will come back. You could try a protein treatment, to help things along.

If it's any consulation, you have the prettiest skin!! It's gorgeous :love:

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that, but the fact that you're seeing some waves now may mean that it will come back. You could try a protein treatment, to help things along.

If it's any consulation, you have the prettiest skin!! It's gorgeous :love:

Thanks! That makes me feel a lil better :)

I'm thinking the few waves in the front now are from my new growth since the Oct. 15 press. It certainly was a learning experience for me. It's apparent that I cannot let people use a hot comb even on my edges :(

She pressed the back with a flat iron; the back reverts fine (thank God). I think it'll be fine, until it's time to BC. I know that won't be for at least another 12 months.

Thats why I hated straightening when I was natural..
When are u going to BC? U barely have any relaxer hair left

Thats why I hated straightening when I was natural..
When are u going to BC? U barely have any relaxer hair left

I don't have any relaxer left... What I do have is about 4 inches of heat damaged hair in the front of my head. I won't be BC that many inches in the front because it would mean I'd have to do the same with the curly back to look uniform. I told my stylist that I didn't transition this long to just end up with a TWA anyway :nono:.... So now I'm transitioning out of heat damage... maybe for as long as another 6-9 months. We'll see.

Back