US-UK DICTIONARY. What is a "braid-out"?

maggi

US-UK DICTIONARY. What is a \"braid-out\"?

Hello girls,
I'm from the UK and logging on for the first time. I've been following LHCF for 2 months now and i still havent figured something out yet. I have never heard of the names that you have for the styles.
What is a "braid out"? Please excues my stupidity, but do you mean plaits that are done at night and loosed out each morning? Does the same apply to "twist outs"?
Am I correct in saying that a bun is a ponytail, with the loose hair tucked underneath? Is a draw string hairband the same as a scrunchie?
When you rollerset do you have to sleep in the rollers? If so how do you sleep? If not, how long does it take to dry.
lick.gif
lick.gif
I have probably tried these stlyes already but i don't get the terminology. I am determined to put what i have learnt on LHCF into practice so i need to get the deatils right.

P.S Me and my friends always look in the audience of ricki lake and wonder how come so many the black women in the US have such great hair!!

Re: US-UK DICTIONARY. What is a \"braid-out\"?

Hi Maggi,
wave.gif

A braid-out is exactly what you explained. I usually braid my hair after washing it at night, in the morning undo the braids, and put my hair into a ponytail. I'm not sure how to explain the other things, particularly roller sets, I'm sure one of the other ladies can help. Welcome to the board.

A braid out is when you wet braid your hair it could be cornrows or box braids and you allow it to dry completely and just undo the braids and wear it out. The hair usually comes out crimped looking depending on your hair type.

most of the women who do roller sets roll their hair on the hard plastic rollers then sit under the dryer for about an hour (-/+ depending on the length of hair etc.)checking periodically to see if the hair is completely dry.

I have a question -- in the UK, are cornrows called canerows? I've seen it referred to this quite often.

Back