USE UP YOUR STASH 2013: Session 2

EnExitStageLeft

Giving Away to my coworker and her younger sister: They're starting a hair journey :yay:

2-28 oz. Suave Naturals Conditioners
1- 15 oz. Suave Naturals conditioners
2- GVP Conditioning Balms
1- Nubian Heritage Wrap and Foam Lotion
1-32 oz. Organicals Deep Conditioning Creme
2- 2oz. Loreal Eversleek Conditioners
2- 4Naturals Reconstructor's
2- 12 oz. Elasta QP's Shampoo's for Relaxed Hair
1-12 oz. Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo
1-AG Set It STraight Straightening Lotion w/ Argan Oil
1-Lustrasilk Hair Culture Solution
3-Herbal Essences LTR Split Ends Protectors (Old formula)
1-Kerapro Restorative Oil
1- NaturelleGrow Herbal Cleansing Creme
1-NaturelleGrow Mango and Berries Super Detangling Cleansing Creme

Sold: Via the Exchange forums
1-Darcy's Botanicals Lemongrass Transitioning Creme
1-Darcy's Botanicals Cocoa Bean Oil
1-Saravun Broccoli Hair Butter
1-2oz. Komazacare Aloe My Hair Frizz Control serum
1-2oz. Aloe My Hair Leave In Conditioner
1- 2oz. Aloe My Hair Moisturizing Hair Cream
1- 32. oz Wen 613
1- 16oz. Naturelle Grow Herbal Cleansing Cream
1- 16oz. Eden BodyWorks Monoi Deep Conditioner
1- 8 oz. HoneyChile HairLove Hair Nectar Leave In Conditioner
1- 4oz. NaturelleGrow Pumpkin Seed Whipped Hair Butter
1- 4 oz. Darcy's Botanicals Tucuma Butter Moisture Whip
1- 4oz ClaudiesHairRevitalizer Tiffani Ceramide Pomade
1- 8oz. Lustrasilk Hair Culture Solution
1- 4oz. Aveda Anti-humectant pomade
1- 4oz. Joico Smooth Cure Leave In
1- 8oz. Mizani Iron Curl
1- 2oz. Kerastase Nectar Thermique
1- 6 oz. Almond Glaze By Hairveda
1- 8 oz. Nubian Heritage Heat Styling Leave In Cream
1- 4oz Hydroquench Systems Coconut Mango Repair Mask
1- 6 oz CC's Natural's Marshmallow Root and Burdock Root Hair Tea
1- 8 oz. Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Leave In Spritz

Swapped:
1-12 oz. Chamomille and Burdock DC by NaturelleGrow
1- 4 oz. Tucuma Butter Moisture Whip
1-4 oz. Tealightful Shine Pomade

:happydance:

Last edited:

faithVA

Used up a bottle of NJoy's growth oil. Detangled with HQ Go Deep and finished that off. Have 1 more use of HQ ??? repair conditioner and HQ The Slip which I will detangle with next week. Not sure why I have so many protein conditioners and repair conditioners. Have to pay more attention to what I am ordering.

Move Giovanni Nutrafix to my staples list. I like both the As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Twist Defining Cream. I will use them for the month of September and if I still like them I move them to my staples list.

I really like the Sapote lotion but I won't be ordering that. I will buy in from the exchange forum though when I see it.

I will have to buy another conditioner before the end of September because I only have the AO Island Naturals on hand and a sample of the Shea Moisture reconstructive conditioner, if I can find the sample bottle :eek:hwell. I am going to try the big bottle of the Shea Moisture reconstructive and the AO Swimmers conditioner before I decide if I am going to switch back to AO Blue Chamomile.

Still struggling with what to do with oils and what to use as a moisturizer :ohwell: I do think I will have an answer by December. My stash is coming down and besides oils and moisturizers most things are locked in place.

Unfortunately Sally's has stopped carrying a lot of the 4Naturals products. I had made those my staples, but now I have to revisit that.

I see my stash going below 20 products by the end of September. :yep:

Ogoma

Not used up anything this week.

Next on deck are either or both of my CoWash conditioners, but not for a while. I have 2-3 uses left of each.

I am now down to staples. I no longer have a stash to use up/give away. I promised myself I would not try anything new until BF 2014.

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm not in this challenge, but I think I may need to be one of these days. I said I wouldn't buy any more smell goodies until Blk Friday, but I just bought more today from Hairitage Hydration. That 35% off was too much to resist. :nono:

Today my husband was like, "Does it cause a reaction to use so much stuff?" I'm like, "Um, they serve different purposes and I don't use it all at once." :look: :look: :look:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I'm still working through, but I didn't finish off anything this week. I'm trying to see if I can whittle down my staples more. For example, I'm not sure if I need pomade now that I have KBB hair cream. I need to research what people use pomade for because I have some Oyin pomade still.

Also, I was almost out of Tea tree Tingle conditioner, so I asked the hubby to pick up some when he went to Trader Joes. He brought back the shampoo and conditioner, so I guess I'll try the shampoo.

faithVA

Don't have anything going on. Mixed the NJoy Growth Oil with the Softee oil and then mixed that with AVG. Going to see if that helps the dryness of my scalp any. Even with that mixing my face is trying to break out this morning. I have a feeling I will need to sell the rest of the oil. Even diluted my face is saying :nono:

uofmpanther

I finally used up one Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk finally. I'll use my other bottle this winter. I like it, but I don't think I'll buy this stuff again. It is way too thick to be in a bottle, and I had to use grapeseed oil and some serious elbow grease to get it out. It's more like a thick butter in a bottle. I've found some other stuff that I think I like just as well without all the work.

I returned my Jane Carter Nourish & Shine because I don't think I need pomades after all.

I'm giving my sister the travel size Jane Carter Wrap & Roll because I'm never going to use it. I'm also giving her the As I Am Twist Defining Cream because it leaves a weird residue on my hair. I'm also giving her my Alikay Naturals Hair Yogurt Moisturizer samples. It reminded me of a pomade, and it's not available in any of my current hair supply stores. I'm trying to minimize the number of places I have to purchase products from. I get the best benefit from sales if I can get all my products from a few places.

I'm not putting the Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo on my list for now because I think I'm giving it to my hubby.

uofmpanther

I just realized that yesterday was technically the last day of this round! How did you ladies do on your hair goals?

I accomplished most of mine, but I didn't really do any work towards getting rid of my heat protectants. I gave one away and gained another. I may need to table that one. I don't really want to get rid of any heat protectants unless I at least try them one, but I don't really want to use heat on my hair yet. I think I'm going to wait until winter.

Ogoma

I have cleared everything. I am just taking up space in the thread at this point :lol:; I am just keeping track of how long products last

uofmpanther

I couldn't help myself. I got 60% off at Purabody because they are having a 50% off sale and I got a 10% off coupon code, so I bought:
- Purabody Murumuru Moisture Milk
- Purabody Chocolate Hair Smoothie
- Purabody Cupuacu Hair Butter
- Purabody Sapote Hair Lotion

faithVA

I just realized that yesterday was technically the last day of this round! How did you ladies do on your hair goals?

I accomplished most of mine, but I didn't really do any work towards getting rid of my heat protectants. I gave one away and gained another. I may need to table that one. I don't really want to get rid of any heat protectants unless I at least try them one, but I don't really want to use heat on my hair yet. I think I'm going to wait until winter.

You are right. Not sure why I thought it was the end of September. I ended where I started which isn't too bad. I learned some more about my hair. I nailed down a few stapes. And this month I will get rid of a few more.