Used Silk Hydrating Elixir...Got Pics!!

Angel54

Natural
Hey Ladies,

Check out my mom's album, titled Mom's Hair. She is currently transitioning from relaxed to natural. I flat ironed her hair for our Hair meeting and wanted you ladies to take a look. I used Elasta QP DPR as a deep conditioner and Silk Hydrating Elixir before blowing on low heat. I also applied a little of the Elixir on her ends before flat ironing. I think this one is a keeper. She says her hair never felt so good. Tell me what you think, the password is in my siggy. TIA

Angel54

Natural
Thanks GL, LMO, and DSD. You guys have great hair also. I wish I had taken better pictures so that you could see the sheen on her hair, but I need a better camera. I plan to get one soon and I will post better pictures. This Elixir is really good though, my mom's hair was SOOO soft, and not greasy. I give it /images/graemlins/up.gif

Angel54

Natural
Thanks nfynit_812. I was just looking at your album. I love your cornrolls. The style really looks good on you.

Angel54

Natural
Kitty, I believe that she is somewhere in the 3 range, probably 3c. She has REALLY thick hair. She has a definate S pattern, and her new growth is very shiny and wavy. But I am never too sure about the hair typing. All I know is that her hair is REALLY thick. I wish mine was as thick as her. As far as I know her routine is wash every 2 weeks, she uses olive oil as a scalp moisturizer, she even sometimes uses lotion /images/graemlins/huh.gif. She only relaxes twice a year and when she does, the hair goes in a ponytail. I believe that this contributes to the thickness. She does have a vitamin regime, although she would not call it that. She has been taking these vitamins since I was a little girl, Vitamin E, prenatal, iron, and Olay multivitamin. That is about all. I am trying to get her to join the board, but she is so busy. I will tell her about all the nice posts that you ladies have made about her hair.

nfynit_812

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks nfynit_812. I was just looking at your album. I love your cornrolls. The style really looks good on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Angel /images/graemlins/clap.gif ! Your mother's length is where I want to be by next year! Her hair is soooooooo nice /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tai

Your mom's hair looks great, Hair Buddy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Where did you pick up the Silk Elixir? I may have to add it to my ever growing list of products.

Angel54

Natural
PL, my mom just started to transition. I believe her last relaxer was in June or July. I am not sure. She says that she will try to stick with it this time since she has the support of the board (through me of course), but she rarely gets a relaxer anyway so I don't how long it will last. She only relaxes twice a year. Hopefully she will be able to stick with transitioning with my help and the board. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Angel54

Natural
[ QUOTE ]
Your mom's hair looks great, Hair Buddy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Where did you pick up the Silk Elixir? I may have to add it to my ever growing list of products.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tai,

I got the Elixir from the Elasta rep when I requested the samples. Thanks to you /images/graemlins/wink.gif

EXSQUISIT

[ QUOTE ]
You did a great job! Her hair is thick and beautiful! /images/graemlins/love.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

cosigning /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt

Great job on mom's hair /images/graemlins/up.gif Now, what's this Kenra silk stuff /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif I've been away far toooooo long /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Angel54

Natural
[ QUOTE ]
Great job on mom's hair /images/graemlins/up.gif Now, what's this Kenra silk stuff /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif I've been away far toooooo long /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

AQT, the Elixir is by Kenra. It's called Silk Hydrating Elixir. When I get my braids out I am definately going to try it. BTW just checked out your album. Your hair is Da Bomb. Actually it reminds me a lot of my mom's hair.

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AQT, the Elixir is by Kenra. It's called Silk Hydrating Elixir. When I get my braids out I am definately going to try it. BTW just checked out your album. Your hair is Da Bomb. Actually it reminds me a lot of my mom's hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thanks for the compliment /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I just googled this product but it says it's by Elucene. I love both Elucence and Kenra. They're 2 of my favorite lines. Kenra is more accessible, so I always have those on hand.

Angel54

Natural
[ QUOTE ]

Hey thanks for the compliment /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I just googled this product but it says it's by Elucene. I love both Elucence and Kenra. They're 2 of my favorite lines. Kenra is more accessible, so I always have those on hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey QT you are right. I received this product as a sample from the Elasta QP rep. Kenra, Elasta QP and Elucence are owned by the same company. I guess I didn't read the bottle incorrectly. My Bad /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif I hope that I did not cause any confusion. I will post a picture of the product in my mom's album for those who want to know what it looks like. /images/graemlins/angel.gif