Will ya'll look at my Mom's hair!!! (pics)

PGirl

Here are some pics of my Mom's hair. She is probably a 3c texture. Her hair is less coarse than mine. My Mom does nothing to her hair really. She waits for me to wash it, which may only be every 3 to 4 weeks. She does moisturize daily with NTM Leave and serum. She pincurls or wraps and night with a silk bonnet. She doesn't comb much in between washes. I usually rollerset her hair, but this time we blow fried and flat ironed with the deadly Chi iron. Her hair is like silk. The photos do not do it justice. 2 things that made a difference in her swang is:

1. Leave in conditioner that comes in the Liquid Keratin set from Ulta(I did not use the Keratin treatment on her-- just the leave in)
2. I used the comb chase method when I flat ironed (protected with Chi Silk Infusium).

Also,
I used KeraCare Hydrating Shampoo, Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor and DC'd with Ojon Thickening Conditioner. We left very little product in her hair so it's deliciously light.

Her hair journey started last year when mine did around Aug 2008. She was SL and now she's BSLish. I have used the information from LHCF to change my hair life as well as Mom's. Thanks to all of you!

Attachments

• Momhair4.jpg
    Momhair4.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 369
  • Momhair2.jpg
    Momhair2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 260
  • Momhair1.jpg
    Momhair1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

naijamade79

If only my mom would let me take care of her hair, Oh the possiblilities!!!!! Your mom's hair is beautiful!!!

HERicane10

Girl, you gone have on long days on this earth. What a great way to honor your mom and her crowning glory. Good work!

PGirl

Girl, you gone have on long days on this earth. What a great way to honor your mom and her crowning glory. Good work!

Wow I never thought of it that way. Thanks! I do feel a sense of pride when I see her results. I think she was shocked at how long it is straight. I saw her sitting on the couch trying not to mess up her hurrr...

At this rate, she will be Mid back by the end of the year. :woot::clap::cheers:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Go mom! Both of your hairs are beautiful!
I'm so happy you changed your life with the help of this site... :)

Stella B.

Here are some pics of my Mom's hair. She is probably a 3c texture. Her hair is less coarse than mine. My Mom does nothing to her hair really. She waits for me to wash it, which may only be every 3 to 4 weeks. She does moisturize daily with NTM Leave and serum. She pincurls or wraps and night with a silk bonnet. She doesn't comb much in between washes. I usually rollerset her hair, but this time we blow fried and flat ironed with the deadly Chi iron. Her hair is like silk. The photos do not do it justice. 2 things that made a difference in her swang is:

1. Leave in conditioner that comes in the Liquid Keratin set from Ulta(I did not use the Keratin treatment on her-- just the leave in)
2. I used the comb chase method when I flat ironed (protected with Chi Silk Infusium).

Also,
I used KeraCare Hydrating Shampoo, Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor and DC'd with Ojon Thickening Conditioner. We left very little product in her hair so it's deliciously light.

Her hair journey started last year when mine did around Aug 2008. She was SL and now she's BSLish. I have used the information from LHCF to change my hair life as well as Mom's. Thanks to all of you!

Smart girl!! (and mom)!! :grin: Your mom's hair looks very healthy and long. Looks like you inherited her hair genes!! I wish I could get my daughter (she's in college) to pay attention to LHCF! She dosen't have the time to right now, but its OK, because her hair grows nicely without all that special attention. Looks like you and your mom are the perfect team partners here on the forum. Good luck to both of you,:yep: on your hair journey! HHG!!