V shape

Mrsgrice215

My hair is growing in a V shape and I keep cutting it evenly and it still grows like this. Any tips on how to get it to grow evenly. I'm pretty much natural. I haven't had a relaxer in over 2 1/2 years and have slowly cut off my relaxed ends. My hair is usually braided under a weave or wig but I want to start wearing it out more.

image-2302200216.jpg

felic1

Mrsgrice215 Hello! Your hair grows in a V shape. I have read a lot of posts where ladies have the V growing hair. Some ladies keep cutting and leveling it off. Some ladies quit fighting it and just let the V have its way. The picture looks nice.

Mrsgrice215

Thanks ladies so basically it might just grow that way and there isn't anything I can do about it? I know I need a trim right now but that won't help with this V shape. I really wanted it to be even. Maybe not perfectly even but at least somewhat.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
The nape is the lowest point of your head. Even if your hair is all the same length, the nape will hang lower creating a v. If you don't like it keep trimming it off.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Thanks ladies so basically it might just grow that way and there isn't anything I can do about it? I know I need a trim right now but that won't help with this V shape. I really wanted it to be even. Maybe not perfectly even but at least somewhat.

I started my journey with a blunt cut but that was short lived. I'm right back into a V. Smh

Loving

You will either have to keep trimming it blunt or leave it as is. I got a blunt trim 10 weeks ago. I got a relaxer T/U on Saturday, and the V is back in full force.