Hair Growing in V-Shape

Adaj

Ladies, when I look at some of your siggys, my motivation to continue to grow and take care of my hair goes into overdrive. I didn't want to post anyone's siggy, so I am going to describe this as best as possible. For those of you who are past NL, I see that the hair grows into a V, or it's like a tail or something. Do you cut it that way so that it grows that way? I really like it, and when my hair gets to that length, I would like to have a V-shape also...:grin:

flowinlocks

Lol, I want the v also. I notice some ladies say they hate their v, and cut it off repeatedly. So yes it does grow like that. I'm noticing as I sloowly grow out I'm starting to get a v. I think this is because the back grows so much faster.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Lol, I want the v also. I notice some ladies say they hate their v, and cut it off repeatedly. So yes it does grow like that. I'm noticing as I sloowly grow out I'm starting to get a v. I think this is because the back grows so much faster.

I don't think it's a matter of the hair in the nape area growing faster, it's just the lowest part on your head that you grow hair, so it'll seem longer than the rest of your hair. in order for your crown or sides to reach the length of your nape area, you may need an extra 3 to 4 inches :yep: Hair that grows evenly on all sides usually naturally creates a V shape.

CHECKMATE!

I am a V shape lady :look: I naturally have layers that will grow in to a "V" regardless of my cutting it...There was a time when I hated the "V" now I have learned to love embrace my layers...they will definitely be of great assistance when I reach MBL and want to wear it curly :yep: But you can cut your hair in the "V" shape,if you don't have this kind of growing style :yep:

hypek

mine grows like that because i have one side longer than the other and the back of my hair is longer than the front (it was cut like that)... im pretty much just wearing an old haircut that grew into whatever it wanted :lachen:

sorry i dont have a pic of it in my signature...