V shape

Mrsgrice215

My hair is growing in a V shape and I keep cutting it evenly and it still grows like this. Any tips on how to get it to grow evenly. I'm pretty much natural. I haven't had a relaxer in over 2 1/2 years and have slowly cut off my relaxed ends. My hair is usually braided under a weave or wig but I want to start wearing it out more.

image-2302200216.jpg

Mrsgrice215 Hello! Your hair grows in a V shape. I have read a lot of posts where ladies have the V growing hair. Some ladies keep cutting and leveling it off. Some ladies quit fighting it and just let the V have its way. The picture looks nice.

Thanks ladies so basically it might just grow that way and there isn't anything I can do about it? I know I need a trim right now but that won't help with this V shape. I really wanted it to be even. Maybe not perfectly even but at least somewhat.

The nape is the lowest point of your head. Even if your hair is all the same length, the nape will hang lower creating a v. If you don't like it keep trimming it off.

Thanks ladies so basically it might just grow that way and there isn't anything I can do about it? I know I need a trim right now but that won't help with this V shape. I really wanted it to be even. Maybe not perfectly even but at least somewhat.

I started my journey with a blunt cut but that was short lived. I'm right back into a V. Smh

You will either have to keep trimming it blunt or leave it as is. I got a blunt trim 10 weeks ago. I got a relaxer T/U on Saturday, and the V is back in full force.

Back