Vegas Meet-Up/LHCF Convention 2008

texasqt

It's finally here ladies!!!
Members of the LHCF present...
The Mane Source
Home Hair Care Convention
July 31 - August 3, 2008
@ Embassy Suites, Las Vegas

Online registration and hotel booking has begun.
For additional information vist the convention website at
www.themanesource.com
or the update thread in the Area Meetings Section
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=129205
The above thread will be where you will find updates on vendors and workshops as they come about.

I'm posting this here to get the word out since some do not visit the area meeting forum. Don't want you to miss out - Hope to see you there!!!

Feel free to PM myself - TexasQT, Mocha5 (Workshops) or Fran (Vendors) for additional information.

Last edited:

lilamae

i was expecting waaaay more responses on this thread. But I think the problem is that the title might imply to most that this is for the Las Vegas members, Like a Las Vegas members meet up.

Something like "LHCF National Convention 2008!!!" might help..IMHO

Suerte

Question...

Is the $100 registration fee like, a room deposit? Or is it a group room reservation fee?

IE who are we paying that fee to? To American Airlines, to the hotel, to a travel agent, and is it like a deposit or a fee (is it credited towards the flight/room/travel or do you get it back)?

Is this Embassy Suites thing a discounted group travel rate or is it just a standard rate...I too would like to know if there is another hotel option or if this is a group rate.

And... is American Airlines mandatory for the package, or is it just recommended?

YOUR REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
w Mane Source Convention T-Shirt
w Mane Source Convention Bag
w Lunch on Friday and Saturday
w Welcome Social Event on Thursday
w (Complimentary Full Service Breakfast provided by Embassy Suites Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
w (Complimentary Cocktail Reception nightly)

^^^ I am wondering if the registration fee applies to people who aren't staying at Embassy Suites and if the breakfast and cocktail receptions aren't already complimentary.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm cheap-ish (for most things) and like to know what I'm paying for.

texasqt

Will there be a problem with members not lodging @ the Embassy?

No, not a problem at all. The only thing is that those staying at the Embassy will have priority/guaranteed registration for the convention in the event we have a space issue. We were limited on what we could reserve without putting up a big $$$ guarantee. If you are staying upstairs and we book up, we want to make sure you have an opportunity to attend.

texasqt

i was expecting waaaay more responses on this thread. But I think the problem is that the title might imply to most that this is for the Las Vegas members, Like a Las Vegas members meet up.

Something like "LHCF National Convention 2008!!!" might help..IMHO

I'll start that thread asap!!! Thanks for the heads up!

texasqt

Answers included...

Question...

Is the $100 registration fee like, a room deposit? Or is it a group room reservation fee?
The room deposit is the first night deposit of $214. The registration fee is a separate fee for the convention only. The $100 covers the things you listed below the meeting rooms.

IE who are we paying that fee to? To American Airlines, to the hotel, to a travel agent, and is it like a deposit or a fee (is it credited towards the flight/room/travel or do you get it back)?
The fee is being paid to the travel agency and it is a fee for the convention only. Meaning that if you do not stay at the Embassy, you will need to pay the $100 registration fee for the convention. It won't be returned (unless we can get sponsorship to cover everything and we are currently working on that).

Is this Embassy Suites thing a discounted group travel rate or is it just a standard rate...I too would like to know if there is another hotel option or if this is a group rate.
This is the host hotel for the convention. You may stay anywhere but those staying upstairs (in the Embassy) will be given priority registration for the convention. There is a flag raised on the rate so I will be contacting the coordinator tomorrow to make sure we are receiving the best possible. I know that we had a hard time booking what we do have in Vegas and the Embassy was not at all the first choice. We wouldn't agree to pay a retainer up front (at the time of booking) so this is what we were offered. Because we don't have a history of doing something like this and Vegas is, of course, a popular spot especially in the summer, they didn't want to risk booking to us and we default. Anywho, I will check on what kind of rate we have tomorrow.

And... is American Airlines mandatory for the package, or is it just recommended?
Its not mandatory for the package.

w (Complimentary Full Service Breakfast provided by Embassy Suites Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

^^^ I am wondering if the registration fee applies to people who aren't staying at Embassy Suites and if the breakfast and cocktail receptions aren't already complimentary.
Thanks for pointing this one out. I hadn't thought about it before. The registration fee applies to all who attend the convention, whether staying at the Embassy or not. The complimentary breakfast and cocktail party is for all guests lodging at the Embassy. I need to look into this because the times that I have stayed at the ES, you had to show your room key to get the breakfast. I'll have to check to see if that can be extended to convention registrants who aren't staying at the hotel. Thanks for brining my attention to this.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm cheap-ish (for most things) and like to know what I'm paying for.
Well, hopefully you may find comfort in knowing that up to six can stay in a double bed suite which will bring your nightly rate down to $36/night.

I hope I've answered your questions thoroughly, if not, just let me know.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Suerte said:

Thanks for pointing this one out. I hadn't thought about it before. The registration fee applies to all who attend the convention, whether staying at the Embassy or not. The complimentary breakfast and cocktail party is for all guests lodging at the Embassy. I need to look into this because the times that I have stayed at the ES, you had to show your room key to get the breakfast. I'll have to check to see if that can be extended to convention registrants who aren't staying at the hotel. Thanks for brining my attention to this.

Any word on this yet?

texasqt

Any word on this yet?

Not gonna happen. They suggested we purchase a breakfast meeting. If we get enough sponsors we'll look into it but I don't want to raise the registration price more than what it already is.

PinkSkates

I'll be there with my pink skates and I want all of you ladies to followe me to the rink for a skating lesson!:grin: It's a 10 minute drive off the strip.
I posted this comment in Mocha's thread also in the OT forum.:yep:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Not gonna happen. They suggested we purchase a breakfast meeting. If we get enough sponsors we'll look into it but I don't want to raise the registration price more than what it already is.

Ok, so if I do not stay at the Embassy the registration fee includes the following.

But not these items.

I'm really not trying to be difficult. I just want to make sure I understand before I book my trip/pay for registration.

Thanks

texasqt

Response in red below. Your not being difficult at all. I'm sure someone else is wondering the same thing.

Ok, so if I do not stay at the Embassy the registration fee includes the following.

w Convention program and other souvenirs
w Access to Vendor Fair and Workshops presented by other LHCF members and haircare professionals.

(There are also meeting room fees, hotel taxes, gratuities, etc. calculated in the registration that have to be covered).

But not these items.
w Lunch on Friday and Saturday -> this is included above

I'm really not trying to be difficult. I just want to make sure I understand before I book my trip/pay for registration.

Thanks

We are trying to keep the cost as low as possible and this is the bare minimum of what we want to do. If we can get some sponsors, which we are currently working on, we'll be able to add some more stuff that you guys won't have to pay for. Nonetheless, I hope this interests you enough to attend.

texasqt

I'll be there with my pink skates and I want all of you ladies to followe me to the rink for a skating lesson!:grin: It's a 10 minute drive off the strip.
I posted this comment in Mocha's thread also in the OT forum.:yep:

OH HECK YEA!!! I'll add this to the itinerary! :woot: