Vendor Super Stars!

Babygrowth

Hey y'all! With all these shenanigans going on with these companies I know y'all know some super stars. I mean the ones you've never had a problem with or if you did have a problem it was resolved very well. Great products, great customer service. Now I don't need stories but if you want to share feel free otherwise just list your vendor super stars. If this is in the wrong place let me know and I will move it. List your fave products too if you like!

Ogoma

I have had good experiences with a lot of vendors, but these are the ones with products I consider staples or will buy on a sale.

Oyin Handmade
Love - Hair Dew
Like - Honey Hemp, Fizzy Bath

Darcy's Botanicals
Love - Transitioning Creme, Cocoa Bean Smoothing Cream, Hair Whip
Like - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner

Curl Junkie
Love - Repair Me, Smoothing Conditioner
Like - Curl Rehab, Aloe Fix Gel, Argan Conditioner

Bask
Love - Whiskey Soak, Body Scrubs
Like - Cacao DC, Whipped Custard

Komaza Care
Love - Hair analysis
Like - Califia Moisturizing Cream & Pudding

Nylund

Komaza Care
Fast shipping, reasonable prices, very responsive to my inquiries
Fav products: Califia Spray, Califia Cream, Shea Butter Lotion, Jojoba Hemp

Texture Me Natural
Very responsive customer service (email inquiries returned within minutes), reasonable prices, shipping times can be long (> 2 weeks)
Fav products: Aunt Cookie's MoistureCream, Macadamia Styling Butter

Lakshmi's Cupboard
Fast shipping, very reasonable prices, shipping costs can be expensive
Fav products: Bhassvata oil, Vatika oil, Mustard oil

ETA: Texture Me Natural is no longer on the Super Star list after its Christmas sale. The seller never responded to my order inquiries, and I didn't receive my products within her 28 business day shipping time frame. But I had no trouble receiving a refund from PayPal. Time to find a Super Star Vendor to replace TMN.

Last edited:

KinkyGenius

My Black Friday vendor superstars:

Obia Natural Hair Care
45% off
Reasonable, quick shipping

Hairveda
40% off most of my products
Allowed me to place a custom order so that I could include Step 1 only of the Methi Sativa set

Komaza Care
I made a mistake on my order, contacted them and they cancelled it swiftly so that I could place the order again

Last edited:

PJaye

Shescentit
- Never experienced a problem during 4 years of consistent, addictive purchasing
- Frequent sale promotions
- Includes new products as free gifts pre-launch
- Favorite Products: Avocado Conditioner, Banana Brulee, Riche Masque, Seyani/Kiwi Kiss Butters (as body butters)

Vitacost
- Extremely fast shipping and exemplary customer service
- Favorite Product: Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner

Drugstore.com
- Frequent sale promotions, extremely fast shipping and exemplary customer service
- Favorite Products: Revlon Base & Top Coats

New Directions Aromatics
- Quality products, fast shipping and exemplary customer service
- Favorite Products: Carrier and Essential Oils

Oyin
- Fast shipping
- Favorite Product: Hair Dew (despite its awful smell)

Babygrowth

Yes! Keep them going.

I never ordered from the same place twice besides HH. But I love:
Hairveda
Shescentit
Silk Dreams

All have had decent shipping even during sales, great products and good CS.

Nylund

Vitacost
- Extremely fast shipping and exemplary customer service
- Favorite Product: Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner

Drugstore.com
- Frequent sale promotions, extremely fast shipping and exemplary customer service
- Favorite Products: Revlon Base & Top Coats

I forgot about these 2 vendors. Definitely on the favorites list for the reasons listed above.

Babygrowth

Courtesy of IDareT'sHair

Mine have been in no particular order

Hairitage Hydrations *seriously*
Marie Dean
The Pomade Shop
Jasmines Bath & Beauty *discontinued*
Claudie Revitalizer
Afroveda
Hairveda
Silk Dreams (except for those durn low discounts)
Bel Nouvo
SheScentIt
AveYou
Curlmart
Brown Butter Beauty
Darcy's Botanicals
Komaza Haircare
Bear Fruit Hair
Kizuri Beauty
BeeMine
Kyra's Ultimate Indulgence
Naturelle Grow
Herbs Matter
Oyin Handmade
MyHoneyChild
Cathy Howse Ultra Black Hair
Hydroquench Systems
Purabody Naturals

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Oyin Handmade (fast shipping, consistent exemplary product, decent preservative, and reasonable shipping)

Aveda (same as above plus stellar customer service)

B.a.s.k. Beauty (same as above)

Curl Junkie (same as above)

Qhemet Biologics (same as above)

nymane

Darcy's Botanicals...Lysandra's customer service is TOP NOTCH

Fav product: Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme (staple moisturizer for the past 3 and a half years)

Lita

AveYou-Fast shipping & I can buy multiple Vendors..

CurlMart-Fast shipping..Offer great discounts & I can purchase from multiple vendors..

Healing Herbs By Rene-When I'm having shedding/falling hair issues..Her products work & she has great CS

Obai Naturals-Great Sales..Fast Shipping..Wonderful CS & has one of the best hydrating spritz around..

Pomade Shop-Great CS/nice products & fast shipping..

Texture Me Natural-Nice CS..

Lace Naturals-Nice CS..Brahmi Root Dc is my all time favorite mask..Stops shedding/hair fall,give great shine & detangles too..

HairVeda-Great products from day one..Everyone in the house can use them..Love the great discounts too.

Darcy's-Nice CS..Variety of products..Wonderful sales too.

Afroveda-Lilttle slow with shipping,Ashili Amala Raspberry has been a staple of mine for ever..Keeps tangles away/Extreamly soft hair..

SSI-Coco coffee con..Great as a rinse-out..Avacodo Con too..She has nice CS..

Marie Dean-She has outstanding Dc's hands down..Little goes a long way & she gives multiple options,ex-with/with out protein..,Yep.

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

so1913

Obia Natural Hair Products!

I ordered during the pre-black Friday sale 45% off on Wednesday and already got my package on Saturday!!

myronnie

Chagrin Valley Soap/Salve
I love this vendor. I've been ordering from them for 6+ years now. Their prices are alright for the amount of soap that you get and the shipping is very very fast. No problems at all and they are very professional.

Claudie's
I started ordering from Claudie's less than a year ago and I love her products. I like how she keeps a sample of every batch of products she sends out so if there is any problem she always has a reference. I also think it's cool how she's taken training courses in product formulation!!

Kizuri Beauty
They are really nice on their facebook and answering emails. I had a problem with one of their butters (I'm pretty sure it melted or something) and they were very prompt with rectifying the situation. Great packaging also (they put freezer packs with the butters).

The Pomade Shop
She is very very good at customer service. I give her an A+! The products ship out very fast and are great!! :)

Oh yeah I forgot to add:
Curlmart
They are really fast at shipping. I'm never scared that anything is going to go wrong with them! They have stepped up their game 100%.

EnExitStageLeft

From Personal Experience.....

Naturelle Grow:

I know people have had an issue in the past, but I NEVER had a issue with this vendor. Her products are awesome and for the most part she handles her business.

Claudies:

I want every vendor whom doesn't know what in the hell they are doing to sit down and talk to Ms.Claudie.....BECAUSE SHE IS BOMB.COM.LIFE! She seriously has the best CS EVER!

Aveyou....

You want to haul? Do it at Aveyou. You will sideye the hecks out of Curlmart.

Sagenaturalceuticals...

Aveyou is fast, but Sage is faster.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
The Pomade Shop. (Fast shipping, packages with care, excellent product)
Darcy's Botanicals (great products, good shipping speed)
Komaza Care (super fast shipping, attentive to customers)
Foxy Mango (retailer w/super fast shipping)
My Honey Child (super fast shipping)
Silk Dreams (great product, Jorian (sp?) is super responsive and attends to customers)
NJoy Essentials (sweetheart owner, fast shipping, attentive to customers)

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Ladies, I just had an excellent customer service experience with Linda of Pretty Antoinette's.

On BF, I ordered a silk beanie. Yesterday, I was contacted first thing in the morning with an apology that the size I wanted was not available in that style. She wanted to know if I wanted to cancel my order or take a different size.

When I inquired if I could have the same color in another style but in the size I needed; she honored the request at the same discounted price. Please note that one I will receive is more expensive than the one I initially ordered.

Also, her communication style was ultra professional. She just earned a loyal customer. In the future, I'll be ordering beanies in other colors, scarves etc. due to her excellent and prompt customer service.

Please check her out at http://prettyanntoinets.com/

Other vendors with great customer service and products:
Silk Dreams Hair Care
Eboni Curls
Hairveda
Silky Wraps
Oyin Handmade

BF was my first time ordering from Henna Sooq, KeraVada, and Komaza; I report back on their shipping, packaging, products etc. upon receipt and usage.

Last edited:

Babygrowth

I appreciate the thorough responses ladies! Lets keep them coming. We can talk about all beauty and hair vendors if you want. I need to expand my pjism! :lol:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Y'all know I love me some Supergirl so y'all already know I'm going to sing high praises for her. There was a time I ordered something and it took more than a week to ship and I was on my last half jar of conditioner. I emailed her angry because it was my fault I let that happen. She emailed me in less than an hour. I was still mad, but she did handle it well. I was mad though not at her but at me because it was my fault. Silk Dreams is my HG and while I try others, I always run back to her. Sometimes I feel like she is sitting in front of her email.

Like wise with Lysandra at Darcy's Botanicals. I usually order from etsy because shipping is cheaper than her site :look: I always worry she ignores it with her site and other stuff she has going on. When I email her she gets back to me. I just can't bother her after a sale because she admitted to me once she gets overwhelmed with emails during sales. She was still great.

I just started with Naturelle Grow, but I'm liking her so far. I emailed her once and she was super thorough.

Anuessentials is a ground product but I know the owner and her service is the bomb.net she owns a shop in BK and she is like that aunt that always makes you feel welcome. One thing I will give her, she knows her products and she knows her stuff. Her stuff might be online but I never bothered to look. Her deep down DC is really good.

I haven't shopped this vendor but on etsy I believe her name is BeauteCreupe. I emailed her because a DC I was interested in had no ingredient listing. She emailed me back with all the ingredients. The only reason I didn't order from her is because she is from Canada and I didn't care about shipping cost it was just the DC cost for 4oz that killed me.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

reeko43

I love Bobeam's customer service. I have never had issues. Her products are consistent. I think that her products are worth the price and last quite a while with care. Very professional and fast shipper.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@reeko43

I agree about BoBeam.

I've bought the Oil from her several times and the transactions were smooth and the Shipping was fast.

I'd buy it more, if she offered it in bigger sizes. Because it's really nice.

Ogoma

I agree Laquita (Bobeam) is fantastic. I use to buy bars from her, but I haven't in a while.

I thought we were listing specific companies so I didn't mention them, but Aveyou and Sage get very high marks from me.

I got a bad hair dew from Curlmart and they did not resolve it well so they are not great in my books. I don't buy anything from them anymore.

NaturallyATLPCH

I've had great experiences with:

Oyin Handmade
SheScentIt
Obia Naturals (haven't tried her products yet, but the fact that I got a shipping notice two days after I ordered says enough)
Smooth Naturals (formerly Coily Head Chick)
Naturelle Grow (wanted to give her another shot but her constant reformulations are a turn off) Great customer service though the few times I've ordered
Reve Essentials
Kyra's Ultimate Indulgence
Marie Dean
Chagrin Valley Soap (I have been ordering from them for almost three years and have NEVER had an issue)

Last edited:

Babygrowth

I see we have some repeat super stars! Thats great. Its also crazy how two ppl could have two totally different experiences from the same company. Lets keep them coming. Any etsy vendors?

I said I will always buy Silk Dreams because I love her story and her products are affordable even without a sale although if she had one mind blowing sale I would by 2 or 4 of everything!

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My ETSY Vendors (in no particular order):
Naturelle Grow
Perfect Blends (Annabelle)
Bel Nouvo
Herbs Matters
KeraVada
Brown Butter Beauty
BoBeam
Darcy's Botanicals
Marie Dean

kupenda

I loves me some Bobeam! Her bars work well on my hair and I've gotten her items as gifts for friends and family. Her customer service is awesome and she ships super fast. We are in the same county so ship times are usually 2 days max