VENT: So-called "Christian" men who don't date/marry Christian women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystalicequeen123

Okay, I just have to vent....'tis all!

Is it just me, or do any of you other Christian ladies notice a trend when it comes to Christian men?? I call it the "Good guy"/"Bad Girl" syndrome. Sort of like the "Bad Boy"/"Good Girl" phenomenon.

Idk...I've just noticed (especially lately) that a lot of good "Christian" men end up dating or even marrying women who are not Christians, or who don't behave in Christian-like manners. :look:

I don't know if it's because these women seem more "exciting" or alluring to them, or if it's simply because those types of women tend to have more ahem..."experience" in life :look: , but it's just something I've noticed.

I mean, it's quite frustrating actually, because here you have some women who really want to marry a God-fearing man, and yet it seems like the God-fearing men want a different type of woman. I mean, it's already hard enough to find a black man....and to find one who is Christian and worships regularly is even harder! :wallbash: *sigh* It's just kind of discouraging sometimes.... :ohwell:

Anyway...rant off! Is it just me?? Or....maybe it's just my area... :ohwell:

sidney

Most of the godly men I know desire a godly woman. It's the women I see that get frustrated and get with unsaved men or start 'missionary dating.' Maybe it goes both ways.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I believe it goes both ways.... men and women. It all depends on where a person is in their Walk with Christ and how serious they are about having a mate.

Vonnieluvs08

IMO this man isn't a Christian. If he was a true believe then he would desire the Proverbs 31 woman because it would complete him as a Godly man. If he is truly walking with the Lord he will realize that being with a non-Christian will cause him to stumble. I don't think it is possible for a believer to be with a nonbeliever and expect to still be a Christian at the end of the day.

Now to speak so boldly. I strive to be a Proverbs 31 woman and have given up my Proverbs 5 womanly ways, but I was that woman and hope that within the confines of marriage I can honor my husband and let a little of my old ways out...if you get my drift.

sidney

IMO this man isn't a Christian. If he was a true believe then he would desire the Proverbs 31 woman because it would complete him as a Godly man. If he is truly walking with the Lord he will realize that being with a non-Christian will cause him to stumble. I don't think it is possible for a believer to be with a nonbeliever and expect to still be a Christian at the end of the day.

Now to speak so boldly. I strive to be a Proverbs 31 woman and have given up my Proverbs 5 womanly ways, but I was that woman and hope that within the confines of marriage I can honor my husband and let a little of my old ways out...if you get my drift.

There are saved people everywhere dating and marrying out of God's will. Oh you know what, this reminds me of one of pastor justin's messages, he is a pastor and he went thru this. Brb. I will post it here.

ETA: here it is. warning, this guy is hilarious! ha!
http://www.youtube.com/user/pastorJustinofP4cm#p/u/3/wykNRjoU8jo

Last edited:

Lylddlebit

I don't have that problem. I just keep in mind that a christian man(woman) isn't one who merely professes it, he(she) is one who lives a christian lifestyle. Now if your frustrated because you want to help your family in christ then I encourage you to continue in the word and and offer truth the way christ would. If your rant is caused by anything other than that I encourage you to question you motives. If he(any he that this post could pertain to) is a truly christian man and dating her with pure motives, you just may not see the christ like things that he recognizes in her yet...

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Why are y'all so judgemental? Just because a man doesn't want the type of woman y'all think he should want, he's all of a sudden not a Christian or a so-called Christian? :smirk:

sidney

Why are y'all so judgemental? Just because a man doesn't want the type of woman y'all think he should want, he's all of a sudden not a Christian or a so-called Christian? :smirk:

Why are you judging us? This is christianity 101, do not be yoked with unbelievers. If the OP can not vent here, where else can she vent? Isn't the christian forum a place to discuss God's word and principles?

Poohbear

Why are you judging us? This is christianity 101, do not be yoked with unbelievers. If the OP can not vent here, where else can she vent? Isn't the christian forum a place to discuss God's word and principles?
I guess you feel smart... Christianity 101, huh? LOL! I know the bible says not to be yoked with unbelievers. I didn't say anything about that. All I asked was why are y'all being judgemental, as in, judging whether or not a man is a Christian based on the woman he wants to marry? The Bible also says not to be jealous or envious... got that from Christianity 102. :lol:

And who said she couldn't vent!? Just like you and her, I can vent too on any topic I want! I'm a member of LHCF just like you all. I feel like I brought up a VALID point.

Guitarhero

In all fairness, there are many religions where the spouse is required to be of the same faith, not just in christianity. This is nothing new. I think that people who wish to discuss their faith in this forum set up for them should feel free to discuss the issues without name calling. It's truly unacceptable.

Last edited:

sidney

I guess you feel smart... Christianity 101, huh? LOL! I know the bible says not to be yoked with unbelievers. I didn't say anything about that. All I asked was why are y'all being judgemental, as in, judging whether or not a man is a Christian based on the woman he wants to marry? The Bible also says not to be jealous or envious... got that from Christianity 102. :lol:

And who said she couldn't vent!? Just like you and her, I can vent too on any topic I want! I'm a member of LHCF just like you all. I feel like I brought up a VALID point.

Pooh this is a little much for the christianity forum, don't you think? It's well...it's messy. Who is jealous or envious? The OP is stating that she is living her life as best she can to be a christian woman, and she feels that atleast the christian men should be yolked with a believer. If it's okay with you, can people vent their frustrations without you hijacking every thread?

Yes you are a member of LHCF, as such, please get acquainted with the rules of the christian forum.

Updated Board Rules:

The purpose of this particular forum is to allow believers of Jesus Christ to fellowship together. Its not political, controversial, or a means for debating. Any post that do not pertain to spiritual advancement, encouragement, etc. will be removed. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

loolalooh

There are saved people everywhere dating and marrying out of God's will. Oh you know what, this reminds me of one of pastor justin's messages, he is a pastor and he went thru this. Brb. I will post it here.

ETA: here it is. warning, this guy is hilarious! ha!
http://www.youtube.com/user/pastorJustinofP4cm#p/u/3/wykNRjoU8jo

Okay, totally off topic but THANK YOU for posting this video. I NEED this. :grin: It's funny how God answers prayers.

sidney

Okay, totally off topic but THANK YOU for posting this video. I NEED this. :grin: It's funny how God answers prayers.

You're welcome loo! I love the fact that he is a pastor and admits having this problem, it happens to all of us. The devil always tries to send couterfeits. No it's back on topic now actually, hopefully. My apologies to the OP for deterring the thread.

Poohbear

Pooh this is a little much for the christianity forum, don't you think? It's well...it's messy. Who is jealous or envious? The OP is stating that she is living her life as best she can to be a christian woman, and she feels that atleast the christian men should be yolked with a believer. If it's okay with you, can people vent their frustrations without you hijacking every thread?

Yes you are a member of LHCF, as such, please get acquainted with the rules of the christian forum.

Updated Board Rules:

The purpose of this particular forum is to allow believers of Jesus Christ to fellowship together. Its not political, controversial, or a means for debating. Any post that do not pertain to spiritual advancement, encouragement, etc. will be removed. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
No, it's not a bit much. You are the one that started with the smart elect comment of Christianity 101. Like I said, I know that the Bible says not to marry of unequal yoke.

And I am not hijacking this thread. Just because you are in disagreement with my post doesn't mean I am hijacking.

And like I said WHO SAID THEY CAN'T VENT THEIR FRUSTRATIONS!? The OP can vent. I didn't say she couldnt! I simply said why are y'all being judgemental of whether or not a man is a Christian or not who don't want to marry a woman that y'all see as a Christian?

And I guess you are really feeling good about yourself posting a forum rule. I don't need you to post any rule to me. You are not my God nor my authority. Plus, how is this thread pertaining to spiritual advancement or encouragement along with a lot of threads in this Christian forum? The OP is talking bad about men she does not know. These men could very well be a Christian and are marrying someone they love who could very well be a Christian too. That's my point. I did NOT say it's ok to marry unequal yoke in the Christian religion.

Poohbear

You're welcome loo! I love the fact that he is a pastor and admits having this problem, it happens to all of us. The devil always tries to send couterfeits. No it's back on topic now actually, hopefully. My apologies to the OP for deterring the thread.
Whatever. So fake. :rolleyes: You just wanted to show how much you know. Let go of that pride! Now you better go repent and sin no more.

Nice & Wavy

Okay, I just have to vent....'tis all!

Is it just me, or do any of you other Christian ladies notice a trend when it comes to Christian men?? I call it the "Good guy"/"Bad Girl" syndrome. Sort of like the "Bad Boy"/"Good Girl" phenomenon.

Idk...I've just noticed (especially lately) that a lot of good "Christian" men end up dating or even marrying women who are not Christians, or who don't behave in Christian-like manners. :look:

I don't know if it's because these women seem more "exciting" or alluring to them, or if it's simply because those types of women tend to have more ahem..."experience" in life :look: , but it's just something I've noticed.

I mean, it's quite frustrating actually, because here you have some women who really want to marry a God-fearing man, and yet it seems like the God-fearing men want a different type of woman. I mean, it's already hard enough to find a black man....and to find one who is Christian and worships regularly is even harder! :wallbash: *sigh* It's just kind of discouraging sometimes.... :ohwell:

Anyway...rant off! Is it just me?? Or....maybe it's just my area... :ohwell:
En-T-Way.....

It's not just you...it is happening with both males and females. People want what they want in the flesh...not in the spirit. When I met my husband I was like "Lord, for real?" He was totally different than anyone that I had imagined being with, but I listened and obeyed the Holy Spirit prompting and it was the best thing I have ever done in my life, well besides giving my heart and whole life to Jesus:yep:

Men are visual, so they are going by what they see. The devil is a liar.:nono:

We must pray for the men of God and that they will keep their focus on the One in whom they have to do!

Keep your focus as well...don't let go of believing..remember..hope doesn't disappoint!!!

Blessings, always.

sidney

No, it's not a bit much. You are the one that started with the smart elect comment of Christianity 101. Like I said, I know that the Bible says not to marry of unequal yoke.

And I am not hijacking this thread. Just because you are in disagreement with my post doesn't mean I am hijacking.

And like I said WHO SAID THEY CAN'T VENT THEIR FRUSTRATIONS!? The OP can vent. I didn't say she couldnt! I simply said why are y'all being judgemental of whether or not a man is a Christian or not who don't want to marry a woman that y'all see as a Christian?

And I guess you are really feeling good about yourself posting a forum rule. I don't need you to post any rule to me. You are not my God nor my authority. Plus, how is this thread pertaining to spiritual advancement or encouragement along with a lot of threads in this Christian forum? The OP is talking bad about men she does not know. These men could very well be a Christian and are marrying someone they love who could very well be a Christian too. That's my point. I did NOT say it's ok to marry unequal yoke in the Christian religion.

I understand your point about judging the man's character I apologize if I was rude to you. Why would I be 'feeling good' about posting a rule? I think people come here to get encouraged or to fellowship and learn. You have initiated debate in many threads recently that you have not started and I don't believe that is the intent of this forum. If you felt that they were being judgemental, why not just write what you have wriiten in bold?

sidney

Whatever. So fake. :rolleyes: You just wanted to show how much you know. Let go of that pride! Now you better go repent and sin no more.

Pooh, you know what, I take my walk with God very seriously. And to prove it to you, I'm letting you know that I will be lifting you up in prayer all week. I hope you do the same for me since you believe I have so much pride.

Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.