Virgin Relaxer

tippy75

I am currently natural, but plan on getting a relaxer next week. What is the best way to prepare my hair for the process? Also, how do I go about choosing which relaxer type to use (lye or no lye)?

FlawedBeauty

hiii!!! well, what condition would you say your hair is in now? it it healthy for the most part? are you relaxing yourself or goin to the salon?

tippy75

Overall my hair is in good condition. I have been pressing for many years so my main concern is that in certain parts of my hair the ends have been permanantly straightened so I used a reconstructor for my last wash. I have found a beautician that is very knowledgeable about applying relaxers so I will be going to the salon. The only problem I might have with her is that I have already been forwarned that she is scissor happy so I am just going to tell her that I am giving her permission to cut no more than an inch and if more is necessary then I will allow her to cut it at later date.

FlawedBeauty

I know some ladies here like to do a protien treatment a week or two before relaxing because relaxing strips some of the protien i think. I can't answer your question about lye and no lye as I don't really know whats the diff and what would be best for your hair. As long as it is in a healthy state and you trust your beautician you should have no problems. Good luck! :) Oh! And make sure you dont brush or comb or scratch before you go in there. :)