Vitamin C and MSM

lunalight7

Id like to know this too...but I took MSM for months w/o Vit C and saw results. Ive recently replenished my Vit C stash.

Nonie

Lunalight, I think you just answered your own question.

This is my take on it: Vitamin C doesn't have to come from supplements, it comes from food too, just like many other nutrients we find in pills. Which is also why one person could be on about 20 pills a day, while another is on just a healthy diet with no pills at all but they both achieve good hair growth and health.

Vitamin C and MSM work as a team in protein synthesis and vitamin C also helps maintain capillaries and in the absorption of iron which is good for blood that feeds the hair. I think the only time taking MSM taken alone may not be effective for hair growth is if (1) your digestion/assimilation isn't up to par so Vitamin C in your food isn't being released or absorbed before being washed out the body; or (2) if you ate no fruits or veggies or Vitamin C fortified foods or drinks at all and so there's no chance of getting vitamin C. Otherwise I think our diets do provide sufficient C. There's also a point someone made yesterday which I guess is still in the "to-be-confirmed" stages about the MSM you take needing to be OptiMSM. (I think a search for that word should bring up the thread.)

So I reckon taking (Opti)MSM with Vitamin C is a good idea but not essential if you're eating well.

Lindy

Nice to know that MSM works with Vitamin C cuz I take my vitamins with orange juice every morning!!

Serei

MSM and Vitamins C, as someone said, do work as a team. Vitamin C helps the MSM to be absorbed and MSM helps the body utilize the Vitamin C. Most people get enough Vitamin C from their diets. A lot of juices, including sweet juices like Hawaiian Punch and Kool- Aid, have 100% Vitamin C in them. It's water that makes the difference with MSM. The more water you drink with it, the better and faster your results will be. I think you need about 12 ounces of water for every gram (1000 mg).