MSM Users

esoterica

How much MSM are you taking?
How much vitamin C are you taking with it?
How long will you take it for?

I've recently increased my dosage to 10g daily with 6g of Vitamin C. so far i've had no unpleasant side effects. i really need to increase my water intake though. I'll be taking this until December. That should be more than enough time to assess the results.

I have been taking 500mcg of MSM since last November. I am thinking of going up to 1000mcg or taking powdered MSM. I don't any vitamin C at all but take B-100's instead. My water intake is moderate but could be alot better.

vikkisecret said:
I have been taking 500mcg of MSM since last November. I am thinking of going up to 1000mcg or taking powdered MSM. I don't any vitamin C at all but take B-100's instead. My water intake is moderate but could be alot better.
Do you mean 500mg or 500mcg?

How much MSM are you taking?
1800 total (dont know if its mcg or mg but its half of a teaspoon twice a day)

How much vitamin C are you taking with it?
None, I take it with the Ultra Thick Hair shake and Twin Labs Amino Fuel

How long will you take it for?
As long as I dont have anymore breakouts. I just had a miniconsultation with a makeup artist for my wedding and if this gives me anymore breakouts theill have to stop it. Ive already had a breakout on my chin and one pimple near my nose. Ive lowered my dosage and slowly upping my water intake. So we'll see! Hopefully by October Ill see good results!

I started taking 2000mg of MSM a day in May, then took about 4000mg a day via capsules for about two weeks. I noticed that my new growth was more wavy than usual, and I confidently attribute it to the MSM because at the time I had been on my aminos for a while, and while I had increased growth, my texture stayed the same.

Now, I'm taking Liquid MSM by Innovative Natural Products. I got it at Vitamin Shoppe, and I'm taking 3000mg every morning. I chose this because it has about 300mgs of Vitamin C per 2000mg of MSM.

I haven't had any adverse reactions, but I do drink plenty of water daily. I may up my dosage to 4000mg again, but it goes so quickly with the liquid. Next time I'm gonna have to get powder.

Does MSM induce breakouts? I thought with all of the sulphur in it, MSM would help with breakouts. I'm confused!

OneInAMillion said:
I started taking 2000mg of MSM a day in May, then took about 4000mg a day via capsules for about two weeks. I noticed that my new growth was more wavy than usual, and I confidently attribute it to the MSM because at the time I had been on my aminos for a while, and while I had increased growth, my texture stayed the same.

Now, I'm taking Liquid MSM by Innovative Natural Products. I got it at Vitamin Shoppe, and I'm taking 3000mg every morning. I chose this because it has about 300mgs of Vitamin C per 2000mg of MSM.

I haven't had any adverse reactions, but I do drink plenty of water daily. I may up my dosage to 4000mg again, but it goes so quickly with the liquid. Next time I'm gonna have to get powder.

Is there a maximum of what one should take? I currently take Schiff's Glucosamine Plus MSM. It has 1500 mg of each. I take it for the MSM and to maintain good joint health.

czyfaith77 said:
Is there a maximum of what one should take? I currently take Schiff's Glucosamine Plus MSM. It has 1500 mg of each. I take it for the MSM and to maintain good joint health.
"" The body will use what it needs, and after twelve hours, will flush any excess amounts out of the body. If you want to maintain good healthy cells 24 hours a day, it is suggested you take MSM in the morning and evening. The MSM will flush what the body doesn't retain semi-permanently every twelve hours, and because it is a free radical and foreign protein scavenger. MSM cleans the blood stream, so allergies to food and pollens go away in about 3 or 4 days.

Toxicity studies completed on MSM demonstrated that the compound is remarkably non-toxic. Extremely high dosages, up to 2,000 mg/kg, were utilized for measurement purposes in the toxicity research with no adverse reaction measured. ""
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip904.htm

Back