Vitamins Are Not Always Good

seymone

Hey Ladies,

I use to be a stalker on this board and I started trying all of the vitamins that were being used. Biotin, MSM, Evening Primrose and the list goes on.. Taking these vitamins have made my hair shed excessively and made it extremely thin. Thr vitamins were a major setback for me. Also, when I came off of the vitamins my skin went crazy for 2 months.. Hard pimples that were like lumps on my face. The good news is that my hair is getting thick again.

Ladies just be careful with the vitamins.

gymfreak336

I said it before and I will say it again. Not everyone's body responds to things the same. The old adage what works for some and not others is especially true for things you put in your body. I am a die hard vitamin addict and there are things that I can't take. Always start of slow and build up so you can determine whether your body likes it or not. Sorry you had a bad reaction

Blackberry7

Moderation is key. Vitamins aren't magical hair growth pills - they are just supplements to make up for nutrients that you aren't getting enough of in your everyday balanced diet. If your diet is bad and you pop pills trying to make your hair grow they probably won't accomplish much. A good multivitamin (you can get these at walmart if you don't want to spend a lot of money), and a little vitamin B and C never hurt anyone but have helped many. Healthy you = healthy hair.

hOnii

My hair started shedding a lot as well after beginning to take vitamins. That's the only thing I had been doing differently, so it had to be that. BUT, it's now about two months later, and my hair has stopped shedding significantly. Maybe your hair just needs to get used to all the sudden vit intake. Give it some time before you give it up!

shunta

I was never a fan of taking too many vits, either. IMO a good ole multivitamin is enough for me.:)

HoneyDew

shunta said:
I was never a fan of taking too many vits, either. IMO a good ole multivitamin is enough for me.:)

This is what I am doing now. It is working much better for me this way.

Proudpiscean

seymone said:
Hey Ladies,

I use to be a stalker on this board and I started trying all of the vitamins that were being used. Biotin, MSM, Evening Primrose and the list goes on.. Taking these vitamins have made my hair shed excessively and made it extremely thin. Thr vitamins were a major setback for me. Also, when I came off of the vitamins my skin went crazy for 2 months.. Hard pimples that were like lumps on my face. The good news is that my hair is getting thick again.

Ladies just be careful with the vitamins.

I am having these same issues! :(
I cut out the 5mg biotin and my skin is calming down. I am only going to be taking a multivitamin, MSM, & viviscal from now on.

secretdiamond

gymfreak336 said:
I said it before and I will say it again. Not everyone's body responds to things the same. The old adage what works for some and not others is especially true for things you put in your body. I am a die hard vitamin addict and there are things that I can't take. Always start of slow and build up so you can determine whether your body likes it or not. Sorry you had a bad reaction

I agree. Many people use vits successfully and some don't. I'm an example. I take biotin and a b50 complex. They work fine with me, but the MSM messed me up badly! I just think my body didn't agree with it and that's cool. Do what works for you.

seymone

Thank Ladies... The funny thing is now that I am not on any supplements my hair is growing faster and hardly sheds at all

Ennyaa

Sorry to hear about your setback seymone. I know I'm definitely one that tends to overdo it with the supplements sometimes. Luckily, the effects have only been good for me... (well, cept for some WICKED gas when I first started :eek: ) :ohwell:

adrienne0914

sorry to hear that you had problems. i've always recommended adding one supplement at a time so that you can see how your body will react to it. i'll bet that it was one thing that didn't agree with you vs. all of them. now though, if things are better, don't fix what ain't broke. :)