Waist Length 2013

SmilingElephant

I've been on the fence since joining, whether I wanted to renew my subscription or not...due to this challenge, I just paid up for 2 years:grin:

:lachen:^...YAAAAYYYY tho! I'm glad u could stay! I was thinkin the same thing two days ago...but then I was like DANG! I gotta host this challenge!! Cain't leave y'all hangin!:lol:

:welcome: ladies!!!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I'm going to co wash twice a week (baring no moisture overload) to help me achieve WL 2013. Just bought some Millcreek Botanicals Biotin shampoo.

SmilingElephant

I was thinking about joining the HYH challenge...but idk if I could stay in protective styles exclusively from July-December.

I like to wear my wash n go's and puffs. However I think i'm gonna wear my hair in twists more often after I finish my EcoStyler gel :grin: it's almost gone too...and just redo them weekly ( i.e. Great Grandma regimen :grin:)

NikkiQ

I was thinking about joining the HYH challenge...but idk if I could stay in protective styles exclusively from July-December.

I like to wear my wash n go's and puffs. However I think i'm gonna wear my hair in twists more often after I finish my EcoStyler gel :grin: it's almost gone too...and just redo them weekly ( i.e. Great Grandma regimen :grin:)

SE you know those are protective styles huh? The challenge is not to show your true length so wash n gos, puffs, twists, braids, etc. all count. Not just wigs.

SmilingElephant

SE you know those are protective styles huh? The challenge is not to show your true length so wash n gos, puffs, twists, braids, etc. all count. Not just wigs.

Really? I mean I already know twists are PS. But I didn't think WnG's and puffs were...good to know :) thanx!!

NikkiQ

Really? I mean I already know twists are PS. But I didn't think WnG's and puffs were...good to know :) thanx!!

Yes ma'am! Ms_Coco who started the thread wears primarily puffs and wash n gos herself. I thought about joining again but I just lost interest in it after a while this past session.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

nakialovesshoes

Sooo....I just read my first post in this thread...I was almost 6 months post relaxer then.

I am now closing in on 14 months post relaxer.

Time FLIES! and I knew that was gonna happen...which is why I decided to host this challenge bc..idk about y'all...but 2013 feels like it's right around the corner being that we have less than 6 months left in the year :yep:

I like to tell myself that Ive gone from bald to CBL in a year...bc that's basically what I did even though I transitioned...I cut off only what was not relaxed. Anybody else do that? It helps me realize the rate of my growth. :look::grin:

I transitioned for 14 months, cut about 98% of the old curly perm off & retouched my new growth in April. I'm CBL, too.

SmilingElephant

I transitioned for 14 months, cut about 98% of the old curly perm off & retouched my new growth in April. I'm CBL, too.

Wow! So we're in the same boat. :D

Hey fellow Naturals. Tomorrow is National Afro Day!! Are u all doing anything for it?

Unfortunately I have to work but I still wanna rock my fro :)

SmilingElephant

Soooooo....I blew out my fro. :look:

Aaaaaannnnd that's ma 6 month length check...lil bit past collarbone.

Don't laugh at my corny smile!!:lol:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Sooo....I just read my first post in this thread...I was almost 6 months post relaxer then.

I am now closing in on 14 months post relaxer.

Time FLIES! and I knew that was gonna happen...which is why I decided to host this challenge bc..idk about y'all...but 2013 feels like it's right around the corner being that we have less than 6 months left in the year :yep:

I like to tell myself that Ive gone from bald to CBL in a year...bc that's basically what I did even though I transitioned...I cut off only what was not relaxed. Anybody else do that? It helps me realize the rate of my growth. :look::grin:

SmilingElephant, I did the same thing, LOL. I transitioned for 8 months, so I shoulda had 4 inches all around on average...but I over cut in the front of my head, down to 2" :look: So now I have a crazy mullet going on, but Oh well...

ETA, I'm banding my hair to prep for a fro tomorrow, so I'll post length check pics then...

Last edited:

keysha4515

I haven't tried it at night, but with food i did and i got the same result. I'm gonna stick with the gummies for now, but I may try different vits in the future. Thanks for the suggestion :)

skraprchik

So, I've finally straightened my hair again. It's only the 2nd time since the BC and I did 1 pass, so I'm not too worried about heat damage :). Here's my July pic. I plan on doing more roller-sets in the fall so that I can wear my hair in straighter styles, but for the rest of the summer I'll be rockin' the wngs and puffs.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Hanging in there. Made SL in the back in June. Hopefully the sides will catch up by year's end. Currently wiggin it.

healthyhair2

Hang in there , girls!! I am only wearing twists, oil rinsing and using some ayurvedic herbs. I am also taking my hair vitamins.I am trying to hang in there with Co Washing , but I LOVE my shampoo bars and black soap shampoos too much. I think if I keep my hair in twists,take my supplements and keep my hair moist---it WILL grow! BELIEVE :)

Mami_Chula416

forgot to add a starting pic. Don't mind my messy hair, I had just taken it out of a bun and it's in need of a trim and some deep conditioning :perplexed

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Mami_Chula416, there's a radio DJ with that name in Atlanta. If you're her can I have some tickets to a concert or gas money or something pretty please cause I never win anything. Lol :grin:
There's a WL 2012 too, you will most likely make it in that year. :) You have my dream length hair. :drool:

Mami_Chula416

Mami_Chula416, there's a radio DJ with that name in Atlanta. If you're her can I have some tickets to a concert or gas money or something pretty please cause I never win anything. Lol :grin:
There's a WL 2012 too, you will most likely make it in that year. :) You have my dream length hair. :drool:

LOL Sorry girl, but that ain't me. Thanks for the compliment, after i get it cut next month hopefully it will reach waist length by 2012.

Last edited:

sunnieb

SmilingElephant...is this a naturals only challenge...even if it is I'm still gonna infiltrate:grin:

Nix08 I thought this was a naturals-only thread too! :lol: Didn't stop me from lurking from time to time.

What the heck, I'll join with you. I need to do a length check anyway. I'll post a pic this weekend.

Sent from my Comet

AuNaturalMaMa

I forgot I joined myself to this challenge. I always forget to subscribe to the threads. I flat ironed yesterday. I been really baby my ends by sealing them often with castor oil. I posted my flat iron results in a thread and some ppl mentioned my bra is low so BSL for me is actually MBL. I'm take it! I've always wore my bra low. WL is creeping up. I hope I get there by or even before the goal. Good luck ladies!

Attachments

• IMG-20110707-00322.jpg
    IMG-20110707-00322.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 28

NikkiQ

I forgot I joined myself to this challenge. I always forget to subscribe to the threads. I flat ironed yesterday. I been really baby my ends by sealing them often with castor oil. I posted my flat iron results in a thread and some ppl mentioned my bra is low so BSL for me is actually MBL. I'm take it! I've always wore my bra low. WL is creeping up. I hope I get there by or even before the goal. Good luck ladies!

Woman you need to be in the WL 2012 thread too :lachen: