Waist Length 2013

Anybody using growth aids? I'm still trying to finish my Bee Mine serum that i'm super inconsistent with:perplexed

In the meantime;somehow, I've made a habit of taking 3 Fish Oil supplements a day as well as drinking LOTS of water!!! I was kinda thinkin about trying a new growth aid but....I dunno. I seem to only use them when I feel I'm seeing no progress.

I made a sulphur mix that i started to use every other day

Anybody using growth aids? I'm still trying to finish my Bee Mine serum that i'm super inconsistent with:perplexed

In the meantime;somehow, I've made a habit of taking 3 Fish Oil supplements a day as well as drinking LOTS of water!!! I was kinda thinkin about trying a new growth aid but....I dunno. I seem to only use them when I feel I'm seeing no progress.

I use hairdrinalin mixed with sulfur.

I don't really see my vitamins as growth aids but I take a few: salmon oil, biotin, msm, and a multi.

I don't really see my vitamins as growth aids but I take a few: salmon oil, biotin, msm, and a multi.

I have been using jamaican black castor oil every night and then plaiting and co washing in the mornings. when I wake up my hair is so very soft. I just ordered from the same company strong roots red pimento hair growth oil with black castor oil in it. you are suppose to place it on the scalp and massage and plastic cap and under the heating cap for 20 mins then wash out.
I will keep you all posted on my progress.....

sulfur on my hair is just like protien.... it just does not like it at all.... I used bee mine and I am telling you my hair was looking so bad and I had so many split ends it was not good at all.

sulfur on my hair is just like protien.... it just does not like it at all.... I used bee mine and I am telling you my hair was looking so bad and I had so many split ends it was not good at all.

Interesting. Taking note of this. I wonder if that's why I had so many splits to get rid of??

if you are using sulfur... it just did not agree with my hair. it was a bad set back. going back to plaits and my hairveda everynight and olive oil on the ends got it all under control. now on the castor oil.....

But I didn't put it on my hair. However....I use Bee Mine and it tends to run...and it would get all in my bonnet. I guess I applied too much.

But I didn't put it on my hair. However....I use Bee Mine and it tends to run...and it would get all in my bonnet. I guess I applied too much.

Yeah your best bet would be to apply just a few dots all over and work it into your scalp with your fingers. Don't coat your scalp with it b/c it will drip...big time!

I didn't put it in on my hair either. I was applying it to my scalp but it still damaged my hair. This is how I really found out not to jump on band wagons. it started with the mega tek and then the sulfur it all help me to find out what my hair liked and didn't like. I started to keep it real simple. It took me a long time to try the olive oil and castor oil because I knew my scalp couldn't stand having oil on it because I use to get these bumps and they would start turning into sores. But this time because I co wash everyday using them every night is not bad because I am basically doing like a oil rinse. I hair shines and is so soft now. and it doesn't damage my curls. You have to listen to your hair.

I am trying to use up my growth aid stash. Right now,I'm using Surge 14 spray. I wish I had a few more bottles of this because my scalp loves it and it's so easy to use. I also have some Lenzi's Request , Patience Growth oil and Boundless Tresses. Product junkie that I am, I will use it all. Waist length here I come:) Now , If i can only remember to take those supplements.

Lol!! healthyhair2:grin:....I'm trying so hard to not become a product junkie! So far so good!:yep: I basically do my own use 1 buy 1.

But i'm gonna get me some more JBCO and stick with that bc it really worked for me last year. It thickened my V shape out that I had a lot:yep: I have had the same bottle of Bee Mine since last year. Honestly I saw results with the JBCO.

You guys are making me want to try out the castor oil. As if I need anymore oils; yes, I'm an oil junkie! Does it need to be diluted with another oil or can I apply it by itself? How quickly did you notice your hair was thicker?

You guys are making me want to try out the castor oil. As if I need anymore oils; yes, I'm an oil junkie! Does it need to be diluted with another oil or can I apply it by itself? How quickly did you notice your hair was thicker?

JBCO is very thick. But you can either dilute it or use it alone.

If i'm oil rinsing with it I dilute it. If i'm just using it on my scalp I use it alone. I like the lavender scented one tho.

I think the jamaican black castor oil is the bomb, I use just as is. oil my scalp every night and then co wash every morning. I make sure that I take my finger and take the oil and place it on the nape of my hair. one to get out the knots or so I will not get any. and 2 to thicken up that area and give me more length back there. so have to keep you all updated.

I have been taking one nioxin a day and I've gotten an inch of growth in a month. I just upped it to two a day plus 2 biotin

I'm going to try and make the hairadrenaline potion if/when i can find a slow cooker

trying to get another 2 inches of new growth by the end of september (in time for the new school year)
then I'm going to see if i want to relax or transition

i just ordered some nixon so hopefully i can get 5 inches or better to make it to APL by January first plus im uping my protein so lets see the miracle not to mention im trying to keep braids in my hair for as long as i can until my 2 year mark

I wish I could get 5" and my journey would be over for the next one. I didn't pay any attention to my growth until I notice that it was past my shoulders now it consumes my life, everyday. :ohwell: :ohwell:

I'm in! I BC last October then got lazy, so it has really been growing. So I'm ready to dive back in..Healthy Natural Waistlength

I'd like to join this list! I was in another waist length challenge, but couldn't be in it b/c I don't have virgin hair anymore.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

HEy just checking in! still in the dreaded domain of bet SL and APL. Im hoping to reach APL by November which will be my 1 year anniversary/30 mos post relaxer. thats the next time that i will actually straighten my hair. got my fingers crossed. but in the mean time i will be putting yarn braids in as a protective styl in the beginning of august for 2 months. i think i may need to do a trim but depending on how close i am to apl will determine if i am going to trim before or after my 1 yr.

My goal timeline is as follows...
Apl by November 2011
Full Apl by May 2012
BSL by November 2012
Full WL by June 2013

does anyone else have a timeline on when they want to meet their goals? HHG

man I would really have to think about that because I never broke it down like that because I don't know how much I am growing in what time frame. but I go by time because I bc to 1/4" 12-08 and it has been 2 1/2 yrs and I am apl so I am really hoping to get to wl by the end of 2012 but that is wishful thinking... lol

HEy just checking in! still in the dreaded domain of bet SL and APL. Im hoping to reach APL by November which will be my 1 year anniversary/30 mos post relaxer. thats the next time that i will actually straighten my hair. got my fingers crossed. but in the mean time i will be putting yarn braids in as a protective styl in the beginning of august for 2 months. i think i may need to do a trim but depending on how close i am to apl will determine if i am going to trim before or after my 1 yr.

My goal timeline is as follows...
Apl by November 2011
Full Apl by May 2012
BSL by November 2012
Full WL by June 2013

does anyone else have a timeline on when they want to meet their goals? HHG

I DO!:grin:

I hope to be Apl by November as well.

BSL by May 2012
MBL/WL by November 2012
Full WL by Spring of 2013.

I'd like to join this list! I was in another waist length challenge, but couldn't be in it b/c I don't have virgin hair anymore.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Well you are highly welcomed here, mmkay? Now let's grow some hair y'all!:lol:

Question: what do u do with ur hair when it's ur TOTM and ur feeling too crappy to do anything. Does your regimen change? Do u use different products?

Well you are highly welcomed here, mmkay? Now let's grow some hair y'all!:lol:

Question: what do u do with ur hair when it's ur TOTM and ur feeling too crappy to do anything. Does your regimen change? Do u use different products?

Now that I think about it...my reggie does change slightly to even more simple than it is now. I cowash less and usually try to slap in some big Celie braids and leave it be for the week. I'm already drained of energy (no pun intended) so my hair is usually the LAST thing on my mind then :lol:

Back