Waist Length Challenge 2015

Fenaxa

I used to have a shampoo with Irish moss in it. It was great. My roommate kept asking real sly to borrow it.

Hahaha that good eh? I hope it really does my hair right :yep: I think it's out for delivery today but I happen to be out of town lol.. So I guess I'll enjoy it on Wednesday.. Maybe not. I'm getting my ears pierced (upper cartilage) that day so I don't know if I should hold off on any hair washing or excess moisturizing. I don't want to get it infected just because I needed a hair treatment lol. I might wait a couple of weeks before I start to do any hair washing I suppose.

I've been using hibiscus powder again and taking EXTRA care not to get any on my scalp. My hair feels great and is really defined with it. I mixed it with water in a spray bottle and saturated my length then let it dry.

Anyway, still wearing it out and up in a ponytail thing. I'm tying it with a rubber and though; the wide ones and I only wrap it around my hair twice at most. I'm glad I found them because I didn't want to use a scrunchie for fear of it breaking my hair.
The picture is when I had one ponytail on each side (I had it in two but put it back in one back puff when I felt I looked too childish).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 72

Fenaxa

Oh I realize I never put my starting length check picture up.
Btw do excuse the shirt.. It's poorly done. Very poorly. It was a rushed sort of thing and I didn't try too hard on it. I might fix it or do another one, but most likely not because I don't care too much lol.
This was taken at the end of December.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 88

Guinan

Re-Branding
About to rinse my DC out & blow dry my hair. I'll def flat iron 2morow since I'm starting to get tired.

krissyhair

Hahaha that good eh? I hope it really does my hair right :yep: I think it's out for delivery today but I happen to be out of town lol.. So I guess I'll enjoy it on Wednesday.. Maybe not. I'm getting my ears pierced (upper cartilage) that day so I don't know if I should hold off on any hair washing or excess moisturizing. I don't want to get it infected just because I needed a hair treatment lol. I might wait a couple of weeks before I start to do any hair washing I suppose.

I've been using hibiscus powder again and taking EXTRA care not to get any on my scalp. My hair feels great and is really defined with it. I mixed it with water in a spray bottle and saturated my length then let it dry.

Anyway, still wearing it out and up in a ponytail thing. I'm tying it with a rubber and though; the wide ones and I only wrap it around my hair twice at most. I'm glad I found them because I didn't want to use a scrunchie for fear of it breaking my hair.
The picture is when I had one ponytail on each side (I had it in two but put it back in one back puff when I felt I looked too childish).

You could maybe put tape over your ear if you need to wash that bad.

Fenaxa

You could maybe put tape over your ear if you need to wash that bad.

LOL that's actually a good idea. Hmm maybe if I put a plastic baggy over my ear then tape it to where it stays put. I'm desperate to wash my hair so I'll definitely try it.
I guess I should just postpone my piercings for another week though. That way I can wash my hair and then get my ears pierced afterwards.
I will boil some sage and rosemary and use that along with the Irish moss. It's a wonderful detangler and it should help with hair growth as well.

MzOptimistic

Soo, I Permed My Hair Yesterday And Made MBL! I Have 6 More Inches To Go For WL! I Hope To Be There By The End Of This Year Or By The Beginning Of Next Year!:grin: HHJ

UPDATE: Ok, my hair is touching the bottom part of my Bra. Is, that MB? Maybe, I need to hold off claiming MB which I don't have a problem doing so:look:

Last edited:

ojemba

Cowashed my beehive this weekend. I'm moisturizing daily and oiling with jbco.

One week beehive

image-4252984192.jpg

blueberryd

Ok so this routine worked really good for me today:
Shampoo with Paul Mitchell
DC under steamer with Biosilk mixed with grapeseed oil
Rinse
Apply Sally's "The Detangler" (Paul Mitchell Knock Off)
Rinse

Hair was sooo easy to detangle and soft! I am super impressed--I didn't think Sally's knockoff (The Detangler) was going to work. Will DEFINITELY be buying more of this!

Here's my starting pic from January 2nd--been meaning to post it forever! I'm claiming BSL and hope to be MBL Dec 2014 and WL Dec 2015 :yep:

blueberryd

Thanks Froreal3 ! I have NO idea what my hair type is...I have a lot of fine strands (fine strands; high density) that tangle and matt easily. I'm still trying to perfect my reggie since being natural (about 2 years). Buuuut What I have found out is that shampooing my hair weekly works for me--one reason my hair matts so easily and detangling was such a hassle is because of product (or dirt/oil) build up. So I shampoo, Deep Condition (under steamer), and condition with Paul Mitchell The Detangler (really helps me detangle) 1x a week. During the week I bun everyday--with little-no manipulation. I apply NTM Silk Touch Leave in and Coconut Oil to my ends daily.

I also get a Dominican blowout once every 4-6 weeks--other than that, no heat.

I'm thinking about weaving it up for a couple of months....the buns are getting pretty boring lol :)

loulou82

Checking in... DCed with NG MMRSEBC Conditioner supped up with hemp oil and AO GPB on ends; SD Wheat Gerrm Butter Conditioner as leave in and PBN Cupuacu Butter as sealant. I have noticeable shedding. I paid close attention and know its not breakage because it has the white bulbs attached but it's still a bid concerning. Hopefully its seasonal.

NGraceO

Ok so this routine worked really good for me today: Shampoo with Paul Mitchell DC under steamer with Biosilk mixed with grapeseed oil Rinse Apply Sally's "The Detangler" (Paul Mitchell Knock Off) Rinse Hair was sooo easy to detangle and soft! I am super impressed--I didn't think Sally's knockoff (The Detangler) was going to work. Will DEFINITELY be buying more of this! Here's my starting pic from January 2nd--been meaning to post it forever! I'm claiming BSL and hope to be MBL Dec 2014 and WL Dec 2015 :yep:

Honestly, you look MBL to me already!! And unless you are an EXTREEEEMELY slow grower, I don't see why you wouldn't make WL this year!!!

NGraceO

snoop

Are you going to a piercing studio or doing it at the mall? If you're going to a studio they'll tell you that you should be soaking and clearing out your piercing daily (mild soap/sea salt soaks) or else it will get infected....no need not to wash your hair. :yawn:

Angel of the North

blueberryd Your hair is gorgeous! I think you look MBL too your hair definitely passes your bra strap

Congrats on reaching MBL tsmith

loulou82 I love sunflower oil, but I wasn't overly keen on the safflower oil, I found it dried out my hair, grapeseed, sunflower and at a push hempseed are my faves ceramide oils, but I really want to try wheat germ oil. I hope they work out for you. I noticed you're growing to elbow length, so you know I had to get up and see where that sits on me lol, EBL = WL on me.

Fenaxa

Are you going to a piercing studio or doing it at the mall? If you're going to a studio they'll tell you that you should be soaking and clearing out your piercing daily (mild soap/sea salt soaks) or else it will get infected....no need not to wash your hair. :yawn:

I'm going to a studio. Yeah, you're right. I guess I just didn't want any of that hibiscus powder to wash into my new holes and irritate it. Even when I had my cartilage piercing before, (I did it myself) I cleaned it twice a daily. I just wanted it to heal up a little before I start having crazy stuff washing down on it.

loulou82

Angel of the North

Thanks for the review. I already have grapeseed, hemp, and wheat germ (which has been sitting in my fridge untouched). I may just add the sunflower because I cannot risk dry hair:nono:

Yeah EL is the finish line for me. I'm high-waisted and EL is 2 inches from WL on me.

greenandchic

I think I really need to moisturize and seal daily these days. Every other day isn't getting it since my hair was so dry today.

Fenaxa

I totally love that Irish moss. Took me a second try to see how exactly it gels up, but it's amazing. It softened my coarse hair and actually allowed moisture to stay in it.
So, I made my sage and rosemary mix, detangled my hair and massaged it on my scalp, then I sprayed the Irish moss/sage rosemary mix all into my hair. Even my friend noticed how moisturized yet non-greasy it makes my hair.
I added olive oil on top as well. My hair seems to hate coconut oil though. It sits on my hair, looks greasy and dries it out. I was hoping to love it like I did when my hair was relaxed. Oh well.
I will say, I love Irish moss more than silk amino acids. Everything that I thought SAA would do, this does even better for me. SAAs were pretty good though.

NaturalfienD

Checking in …

Here are my pics, showing my growth from October 2011 to April 2013. I apologize in advance if this is confusing, just know that I tried my hardest and next time, I will do better.
:grin:

2011-2013.jpg

First Row: Picture on the left is from January of 2012, the one to the right is from January 2013.

Second Row: Picture on the left is from January 2012, the one to the right is from June 2012. This was around the time that I started the crown and glory method/protective styling for months. I alternated between mini braids, yarn braids, twists, etc. I cowashed almost daily as well. (Now that I am looking at the picture, I did good that year.)

Third Row: Picture on the left and the middle are from January 2013. I completed my C&G and definitely had bomb results. This was the time that I thought, ‘hey maybe you don’t have to PS all of the time. Try flat ironing to show your length and wearing your hair out all D time to see what that do.

Sometime in February/March of 2013, I received a consult with Komaza. I was informed that I had midshaft splits, hair fatigue from cowashing too often (my hair is fine and as I understand it, cannot tolerate the stress from washing daily … idunno.) The kind lady shared that I needed to cut an inch or so of my length (might have been 1.5 inches) because my ends were splitting badly. (Looking back, I wish that I would have done a hardcore protein treatment and put my hair back in braids. But I guess those ends needed to be cut anyway so …) I asked my husband to trim the amount of hair that I was advised to trim and that is the picture that you see on the far right, third row. That picture was taken in April/May 2013. I was so sad looking at the picture and comparing it to the one in the middle.

As an aside, I must say that I received wonderful advice from Komaza. The rep enlightened me on how much protein/moisture my hair benefitted from, the type of products I would benefit from using, and many more things. I am planning to send in a request for another consultation sometime this year.

After ruminating over my comparison pics, I decided to get back to protective styling because it worked before and I knew it would work again. I began protective styling in June/July 2013. I used MN for growth aid (sometime in 2012/2013) and chose to stop for a bit. After looking through threads, I noticed that many people were having good results from sulfur. If I am not mistaken, I began using sulfur in August 2013.

Blah, Blah, Blah … here are the 2014 pics:

side 2014.jpg

back 2014.jpg

I think that I grew my length back (from the January 2013 time frame) and gained some growth. My sides grew to a good length, as well. Looking at the pic from the back, I think that I have an inch to go to claim BSL. An extra inch or inch and a half after that, I am at MBL. I believe that I will get that inch for BSL by March; the next mission is MBL by July/August. I plan on continuing my use of sulfur, exercising regularly, and getting a descent intake of water. Oh, and I am doing this egg shake too- every little bit helps!
Thanks for reading and sorry for the super long post.

I hope you all are doing well …

ImanAdero

I need to get back to exercising and eating better. My birthday weekend was last weekend and I haven't gotten it together this week.

Those things will help me with hair growth I think. Plus I'm gonna keep these twists in for at least 3-5 weeks.