Waist Length Challenge 2015

jprayze

Here are my photos! ETA: looking at my length check photo I just realized HOW MUCH they cut at the salon, I just added my last length check photo from like November. I was pulling to line 10. Now straight it's grazing 5!!! And that's after 3 months of growing from the cut. She cut a years worth of growth, but thankfully it seems to be growing back. I refuse to not see BSL this year. I was only an inch away before I got that cut. Setbacks are real lol

I know about setbacks! I had one just last year with a scissor happy stylist. Only thing that helped me recover fast was that I knew what worked best for my hair.

JosieLynn

sorry to hear about your setback JosieLynn, that's pretty harsh, why did the stylist cut so much?
. I really have no clue, like I knew I was in need of a dusting but I think she called herself making my hair one blunt level which isn't what I asked for. And this was a salon supposedly for naturals, and some of the other clients had really nice length. But I didn't like how dependent the customers seemed, like they couldn't do anything to their hair without a stylist.

greenbees

I've been hiding my hair under wigs for the past month. I was starting to get very overwhelmed with my hair as of late. This is a much needed break. :yep: Plus, I'm co-washing a lot more and my hair likes that.

loulou82

:grouphug3: JosieLynn I knooow how disappointing a cut from a SHS can be. I also lost a year of growth in 2012 from one.

The good thing is your ends are fresh and it's early in the year. You got this! :grin:

ImanAdero

I think after my twists come out I'm going to wig for 2 weeks. That way I can wash my hair as usual and keep it moving without having to do anything to my hair.

I think I'll pull out Tammy!

Tonto

Still in twist until Saturday. I'm almost ready for a weave install. I'm not feeling my hair right now so putting it away for a little time will help me a lot. Plus, I need a bit more retention so I'll just go for it.

kinky curlygenie

So I feed up with hair atm so I'm all weaved up- is been a while since I lay heat weave so it's a nice break. I feel like once been at this stage forever abs my hair isn't growing although I can tell my hair was taking that lol extra to do abs wash etc so hopefully I'll get that boost after I take my install out. Although I'm not to sure how long I'll hold out though :) I was thinking of adding a growth aid in after I take it out

How's everybody doing?

jennwantslonghurr

I was also thinking about getting a sew in over the weekend but ever since I started taking care of my hair I'm too paranoid lol. I used to be the weave queen haha. If I can find some kinky straight hair maybe I'll make some clip-ins... idk.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Still using my NJoy Growth oil and taking Priteva vitamins. Second month of the Priteva...almost onto the third bottle. Hoping the combo of these two will give me a length boost by my birthday in March. I want to be closer to MBL then.

If I'm not too lazy this weekend, I may rollerset to stretch and put in some twists. Otherwise, I'll just do the twists.

krissyhair

I got a trim today. It was a half inch. The stylist told me that it's important to trim every time you feel your ends snapping, tangling more or feel rough.

ajluvshair

I took out my kinky twists, washed, conditioned and deep conditioned with Aveda Moisture Remedy. I then dried my hair on the cool setting and reinstalled my twists.

ajluvshair

Hi Ladies, I also wanted to mentioned that I am now taking Viviscal, 5000mcg of Biotin and a Vitamin B complex which has folic acid in it. I think I am getting some good growth.

Fenaxa

I braided my hair some odd days ago and I'm thinking about keeping them in
for 4 months at a time. I'll wash my hair (probably just once per month) and all but I think it just really needs to be stretched so it doesn't tangle. Oh when I was braiding my hair, in some areas that were feeling like velcro, I trimmed a little off the ends. I know that doesn't remedy the problem but it made me feel like I was taking action since I rarely raise scissors to this head :lol:
I'm Going out today to buy some organic sage and rosemary to do my scalp treatment with. I heard one of my friends say something about using rice milk for hair and I was thinking of looking into that...
Grrr.. I haven't gotten my Ghee butter yet. It's "Processing". I think once I find a different place to buy it (hopefully not online), I'll cancel my order. I bought Shea Butter yesterday so I've been using that with no problems anyway.

Btw those "thanks".. Ew. It's actually hard to take posts seriously when I see some business like that right under it. :blush:

loulou82

JJamiah That design is :thud:. I love it!

Fenaxa You have a lot of mixing and concocting going on. The rosemary and sage treatment sounds yummy.

I'm going to preshampoo with a fenugreek and coconut oil paste and then cowash it out with SD Destination Hydration.

Fenaxa

Yep!
I'm thinking about maybe mixing some rice milk into the 'Sagemary'. Gosh, girl it's wonderful though. It detangled my hair so well and it has a really nice herbal scent that lingers. I love it. Plus, they are said to stimulate hair growth so that's always a plus. Also, it leaves it feeling soft and moisturized. Top that off with a thin layer of shea butter applied to the hair afterwards and it's heavenly haha.
I do too much though, I wish I could just stick to one thing that works but I love experimenting way too much!
loulou82

krissyhair

I think getting to waist length is going to be easy this time around. I've tried before but cut a lot each time. If I keep it simple by using conditioner often, finger coming, oiling my ends and keeping my hair stretched, I should make it in no time. To keep the urge to do a dramatic cut, I'll keep it trimmed.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Currently DC with HE naked conditioner. "Shampooed" with HE new naked cleansing conditioner & it was amazing. I think i will do a braidout bun. I was gonna put some curl formers in but I'm too tired.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Currently DC with HE naked conditioner. "Shampooed" with HE new naked cleansing conditioner & it was amazing. I think i will do a braidout bun. I was gonna put some curl formers in but I'm too tired.

pelohello

How did the conditioning cleanser compare to wen?

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Guinan

Re-Branding
MileHighDiva, I think the HE cleansing conditioner is def gonna give WEN a run for its money. I REALLY like the product. The one thing that HE does that WEN (to me) doesn't is lather. The HE lathered really well. I couldn't tell if it was shampoo or conditioner.

loulou82

I'm pre-shampooing with coconut oil and GPB on dry hair. I've had it in since last night. Not sure when I'm washing it out.