Waist Length Challenge 2015

PureSilver

I have a feeling i'm gonna get to WL summer 2015. If i correct my mistakes and change my laziness while remaining consistent i will.

lovemyhair247

I have a feeling i'm gonna get to WL summer 2015. If i correct my mistakes and change my laziness while remaining consistent i will.

I feel the same way I'm a little bit past APL and I'll probably reach BSL sometime in the summer so if I can retain length until summer 2015, I'll be WL - when I stop being lazy and take care of my hair and body.

lovemyhair247

Also thinking of doing a product purge where I get rid of my non natural hair products, those seem to be the ones that do nothing for my hair. My hair is very picky and seems to like oils and plant derived ingredients which is fine considering I'm not attached to most of my hair products atm. Keeping my Giovanni Direct though :)

greenbees

My length check yesterday compared to my check back in February. I finally feel like I can officially claim MBL and I'm slowly but surely coming in towards waist length. This is really exciting to me because I can still remember when I did my big chop and I had tears in my eyes thinking that my hair would never grow back and now it's the longest that it's ever been. I feel accomplished even though it's kind of silly, I guess :lol:

I did this length check to compare my hair growth with Mantabolism vitamins. I think I retained close to an inch and a half.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1396192550570.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1396192550570.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 117

Duchess007

Here is my last LC (line 6):

image-433152304.jpg

And here is today (line 7):

image-3087755132.jpg

image-1492065382.jpg

I think waist is line 10 on my shirt. I am a slow grower, but I think I can make it to WL by the end of next year. :)

I am going to mud wash and DC today. My hair is still a little dry from last week's henna treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

greenandchic

I haven't been doing many formal length checks and I trimmed my hair the other day-it was much needed. I am getting more serious about doing the inversion method so hopefully I will get some real growth in the coming months.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I've been consistent with my regimen. I don't think I'm gonna continue with the Priteva. I have only retained an inch since the end of December. :nono: I am a slow grower, but it would have been nice to have a little extra boost. I will try Manetabolism for two months next. If I don't see anything substantial with those, I will not take a dedicated hair vitamin. I will just continue to take my regular vitamins for general health.

I expect a spurt sometime between June & September. If I can grow/retain four inches by the beginning of 2015, I will WL most likely by summer 2015.

Duchess007

Froreal3 you definitely gave Priteva a fair shot. Interested to see how the next experiment works... I had never heard of either one of these until you mentioned them. Now I'm curious!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^Duchess007 I wanna see if this Manetabolism will boost my growth rate at all. I will give it a three month trial as well. Last year I got a little spurt between May & August. So hopefully I can capitalize on that with the Manetabolism. I have taken a starting pic and my measurements, so I'll keep you updated.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Froreal3, thank you for your Priteva update. I've been lite weight stalking your posts for progress.:look: If you had gotten good results I was going to take the plunge and purchase a 6mo supply. I think I will go back to my daily 5vits a day reggie. I did see progress when I took them religiously I just fell off.

Straighthoodtea

Lawd when will I get past BSL. It's like being in limbo or something. Will I ever escape? Is MBL in my future?! I feel like I'm in the twilight zone or sum.

Firstborn2

Lawd when will I get past BSL. It's like being in limbo or something. Will I ever escape? Is MBL in my future?! I feel like I'm in the twilight zone or sum.

Straighthoodtea, I know how you feel, I've been stuck at APL for 2yrs now. I'm praying to be at least BSL by the end of the yr. I got an inch of growth while in extensions for the past 7wks. I'm letting my hair rest and back up she goes.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Froreal3, thank you for your Priteva update. I've been lite weight stalking your posts for progress.:look: If you had gotten good results I was going to take the plunge and purchase a 6mo supply. I think I will go back to my daily 5vits a day reggie. I did see progress when I took them religiously I just fell off.

Firstborn2 :lol: I understand. I would have hoped to gain two inches with it in three months, but maybe with my slow growing self, that was too much to ask for any hair vitamin. :( Who knows. I'm gonna try to see if Manetabolism helps.

Straighthoodtea I totally understand! :lol:

tasha5951

I haven't checked in in forever…I've been keeping my hair in sew ins since last June. I'm taking this one out and re-installing later this week.

I know that I had some breakage last year around my crown and I'm still working on repairing that. The rest of my hair is doing well. I just have to admit that I'm a slow grower and just keep doing what I know works well.

This week I'm going to deep condition and do a bit of a dusting before my next install. I think one of my biggest issues is that I get split ends really easily and then end up having to trip like 1-2" at a time…so, I'm going to stay on top of regular dustings.

I haven't had a relaxer since Thanksgiving….I'm going to go one more install before my next relaxer. I was thinking about transitioning but, I'm just not sold on it yet. :lol:

HHJ :)

NGraceO

Update: Currently still wigging it. I don't feel like I've made much progress since December (my annual length check,) and it's a bit frustrating. Idk if my expectations are too high (considering that even if I was an average grower, that'd be only 1 1/2 and inch by now, which isn't a ton), or that I am a slow grower, or that I'm not destined to reach my goals. I just want long hair NOW. So that's my rant. Here is a bootleg pic I took this past weekend that could be considered a length check...excuse the rolls, I am under construction :grin:

Attachments

• image-92926300.jpg
    image-92926300.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image-682467490.jpg
    image-682467490.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

ImanAdero

I've officially decided that I will be getting a weave in May! I know it's a whole month away, but I want to make sure My own hair is in too too shape prior to doing the sew in.

I already know what style I want so it should be good!

I hope to get this style and keep it in for 2 months.

Now off to research HairAreUs.com

My stylist told me she recommends hate from herimports, but unless they have a sale I'm not going with them lol. Plus I got a rave recommendation from one of my sorors about hairareus...

Yay! Actually excited about this lok

kinky curlygenie

Ughhhh I know how you feel I'm just above BSL now n it seems like im moving this year waaa. We will get there hopefully it'll be this year. I am considering taking vits?

Straighthoodtea, I know how you feel, I've been stuck at APL for 2yrs now. I'm praying to be at least BSL by the end of the yr. I got an inch of growth while in extensions for the past 7wks. I'm letting my hair rest and back up she goes.

Yeah id stick to it too if your getting growth and retaining it. I get the best results when I'm in braids. I need to learn bc the woman who does my braids is recovering from surgery so I won't bother her. I don't really trust anybody else in head lol yup is like that lol

Straighthoodtea

I'm thinking about taking vitamins. I just know that I suck at being consistent with that kind of stuff. Im going to be honest, I haven't done a length check in awhile. So maybe my hair is retaining length. It just feels like it's not.

I cant wait to get to MBL:lick:. I may put my hair back in this u-part and call it a month.

Anyone had success with the inversion method?

kinky curlygenie

I'm thinking about taking vitamins. I just know that I suck at being consistent with that kind of stuff. Im going to be honest, I haven't done a length check in awhile. So maybe my hair is retaining length. It just feels like it's not.

I cant wait to get to MBL:lick:. I may put my hair back in this u-part and call it a month.

Anyone had success with the inversion method?

I used to stuck with vits to but since o stayed putting them next to my bedside I was much more consistent as they were in my face first thing. I did have good growth with inversion but I haven't bib that consistent with it each month I did January missed Feb now in doing match but haven't taken pics. - I should really document it but I'm not too fussed with hair atm ughhh

Duchess007

Straighthoodtea, out of two months that I did inversion, I got results half the time (the first time).

I'm back at it again and will try to keep at it until the end of the year so I will know for sure if there's anything to it.

Firstborn2

Firstborn2 :lol: I understand. I would have hoped to gain two inches with it in three months, but maybe with my slow growing self, that was too much to ask for any hair vitamin. :( Who knows. I'm gonna try to see if Manetabolism helps.
[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of this product, I have to google it. I hope you have a better experience with this brand. I hate wasting money.

[quote="ImanAdero, post: 19871151"]I've officially decided that I will be getting a weave in May! I know it's a whole month away, but I want to make sure My own hair is in too too shape prior to doing the sew in.

I already know what style I want so it should be good!

I hope to get this style and keep it in for 2 months.

Now off to research HairAreUs.com

My stylist told me she recommends hate from herimports, but unless they have a sale I'm not going with them lol. Plus I got a rave recommendation from one of my sorors about hairareus...

Yay! Actually excited about this lok[/QUOTE]

I like the prices on this site. I keep saying I'm going to try a weave and never do.

[quote="kinky curlygenie, post: 19871563"]Ughhhh I know how you feel I'm just above BSL now n it seems like im moving this year waaa. We will get there hopefully it'll be this year. I am considering taking vits?

Yeah id stick to it too if your getting growth and retaining it. I get the best results when I'm in braids. I need to learn bc the woman who does my braids is recovering from surgery so I won't bother her. I don't really trust anybody else in head lol yup is like that lol[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel. I've always done my own braids. It's cheaper and at my leisure:yep: I am definitely installing braids next wk. I followed someone's braid reggie (sorry forgot who it was) but it's a keeper! 7wks in braids and I had no buildup at all. All I did was water rinses and teas, shea butter around the hairline. So yeah braids for the rest of the year.

JJamiah

I will be taking this weave out in 2 weeks and then straightening it for the first time since cutting my hair in order to go get a trim. I will take a before and after trim cut. I am going to get another install May 4. In between my installs i am going to DC and baby my hair :)

NaturalfienD

Checking in ...

Nothing too significant to report on my end. I still plan on taking my hair down/complete a new install the week before Easter. I will start taking out some of the braids on that Tuesday so my hair can be completely down by Thursday; I will dust my ends thereafter and commit my entire weekend to doing my hair. :look:

After detangling, I will pre-poo (Chicoro's recipe), wash, and use Aphogee two-step. I plan on d/cing with Beyond the Zone: Last Call, and twisting my hair so it can air dry to prep for the new install. If I am not mistaken, LC time is coming up so I will post progress pics soon.

I hope you all are doing well ... :yep:

kinky curlygenie

kinky curlygenie
Duchess007

When you guys say that you got result. Is that the 1 inch in 1 week that they promise?

Were your results measurable or did you take pictures?

Do you mean with the inversion or vits.
With vits it normally takes about one month I had really good results with msm but with the inversion I did get quite a bit of growth I was soooo sceptical but I gt 3/4 of an inch or something like that but not an whole inch - as I said I haven't been consistent but from next month I might just have to take pics.

Are you considering doing the inversion method?

Duchess007

kinky curlygenie
Duchess007

When you guys say that you got result. Is that the 1 inch in 1 week that they promise?

Were your results measurable or did you take pictures?

I don't think it was a full inch, but it was enough that i could see a difference. I have pics in last year's challenge, I think. I'll find my post and link it here.

Can't figure out how to link from my phone... here are the pics:

image-3977558045.jpg

image-3892077080.jpg

Last edited: