Waist Length Challenge 2015

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I found time to do everything except my hair this past weekend.
Sitting with some protein conditioner in my hair right now.
Will rinse, shampoo and do a moisturizing DC before bed.

ImanAdero

I couldn't take another week of braids, so I took them out. Did my first rhassoul mud wash. It was nice. I didn't need any conditioner to detangle and my hair felt clean but moisturized. Right now Im sitting with henna on my head and orange hands....sigh....I was to lazy to go and get the gloves :nono:

Did you condition THEN mud wash?

How does this mud wash thing work?

angelhairtype4

Did you condition THEN mud wash?

How does this mud wash thing work?

I do my mudwash similar to Naptural85. Here is the link to her wash video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEd8VF0JGno

I didn't condition before or after. My hair didn't feel like it needed any. I did an extra acv rinse last just to make sure I removed any leftover residue from my scalp.

I like it. Even mild shampoos started stripping my hair and I been going through bottles of conditioner, but the clay doesn't strip my hair. It cleans it, but leaves it feeling moisturized. It's really easy to wash out too. I used the mud on my face too and within the first week I was rubbing my face and had a few black heads just roll out. Nasty I know, but it's been doing great for my skin.

JustGROWwithIt

I do my mudwash similar to Naptural85. Here is the link to her wash video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEd8VF0JGno

I didn't condition before or after. My hair didn't feel like it needed any. I did an extra acv rinse last just to make sure I removed any leftover residue from my scalp.

I like it. Even mild shampoos started stripping my hair and I been going through bottles of conditioner, but the clay doesn't strip my hair. It cleans it, but leaves it feeling moisturized. It's really easy to wash out too. I used the mud on my face too and within the first week I was rubbing my face and had a few black heads just roll out. Nasty I know, but it's been doing great for my skin.

Is this available in stores or online?

NikkiQ

Hmmm...WL 2015 eh? Might have to join this bad boy after I see where I am at the end of the year.

Celesti

Time to wash my hair day. I skipped last Tuesday so it's a little flaky and kind of oily. I can't wait to have fresh clean hair again lol. Until winter comes, I going to keep my hair in my chunky twists.

Celesti

Celesti, what will be your plan once winter comes?

I usually keep my hair protected during the summer, so in the winter I wear it out more. Last winter I was just doing it for fun, but I'm still surprised I retained length. I also wear chunky twist up-do's when I wear my winter hats. The winter time is my most successful time for wearing hair down. In the summer it's way too hot and humid lol.
I'm hoping to try braid outs this year :)

ImanAdero

Washed these braids lady night.

Used Lush's coconut shampoo bar, then conditioned with organix coconut conditioner. I told y'all I am on a use up your stash challenge so I'm kinda glad I have the braids. It'll cause me to use more conditioner lol.

Used my regular old BSS braid spray and sealed moisture with safflower seed oil.

My scalp itches today though so even though I rinsed my braids/hair for like 20 minutes yesterday (AND my hair is still damp today -___-), I have to figure out what to put on my scalp to soothe/cool it out.

mscocopuff

It's interesting to see everyone with the shampoo bars. I just received two Shikaki shampoo bars and so far, so good. I was a little apprehensive about it stripping my hair because I primarily co-wash my hair, but it was ok. I am going to stick with it for about a month and a half to see the results.

Sent from Cat's iPhone using LHCF

angelhairtype4

I will be in twists till Sunday, wearing a twisted bun.

*Note..I still see small parts of the sock, but i'm not going anywhere special this week lol.

Attachments

• twisted bun.jpg
    twisted bun.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 59

Sholapie

I'm still loving taliah wajid bodifying leave in. I've started mixing it with water so I can use it as a spray. It makes moisturising so easy :)

Ravenhairedbeauty

I'm trying to ps to waist length but its only been like three days and I'm already bored with my protective style :( and I don't have many options on ps because my hair is fine and my hair looks anorexic in twists, braids and won't fit into a bun b/c I have layers. Just venting.

DrC

I'm trying to ps to waist length but its only been like three days and I'm already bored with my protective style :( and I don't have many options on ps because my hair is fine and my hair looks anorexic in twists, braids and won't fit into a bun b/c I have layers. Just venting.

lisanaturally Me too. I'v been changing my layered natural hair every five minutes. Twists, braiding, buns, puffs, nothing seems to be helping in addition to my shrinkage preventing me from keeping a hairstyle. Two choices I've been considering is going back to yarn braids or getting a texturizer

Ravenhairedbeauty

lisanaturally Me too. I'v been changing my layered natural hair every five minutes. Twists, braiding, buns, puffs, nothing seems to be helping in addition to my shrinkage preventing me from keeping a hairstyle. Two choices I've been considering is going back to yarn braids or getting a texturizer

DrC I'm texlaxed and my crown is tighter than the rest of my hair and no matter how long I leave the pcj on it won't loosen more. But I will just have to deal maybe change the position of my two ponytails

DrC

DrC I'm texlaxed and my crown is tighter than the rest of my hair and no matter how long I leave the pcj on it won't loosen more. But I will just have to deal maybe change the position of my two ponytails

How long have you been texlaxed? Do you like it? So when you do your twist-outs/braid outs, does your hair all look the same texture or does your crown remain resistance from twisting/braiding/stretching?

sorry for all the questions I've been researching texlaxing/texturizing

Ravenhairedbeauty

How long have you been texlaxed? Do you like it? So when you do your twist-outs/braid outs, does your hair all look the same texture or does your crown remain resistance from twisting/braiding/stretching?

sorry for all the questions I've been researching texlaxing/texturizing

That's ok I understand :) I've been texlaxed for about 9 months I honestly have only twisted once and that was in the front and it came out cute, I really don't have much feedback on the back section because i suck at twisting the back of my hair so I avoid it. While I can see my length better and detangling is a breeze my hair is limp. I think I may have over processed. My natural hair is very thick and full and I miss that. So in all honesty I don't like my texlaxed hair I'm currently not going to texlax anymore and maybe cut off the limp ends a year from now. HTH. :)

DrC

lisanaturally

Thanks for the response. I've heard diffusing on low heat my help with the limp and give volume. Have you tried that? short detangling time and seeing length is good. I'm around BSB/BSL and with twist, I look NL. :perplexed.

Ravenhairedbeauty

lisanaturally

Thanks for the response. I've heard diffusing on low heat my help with the limp and give volume. Have you tried that? short detangling time and seeing length is good. I'm around BSB/BSL and with twist, I look NL. :perplexed.

I've never heard of that, I'll have to give it a try thanks for the suggestion. Wow your hair is long, but I understand the frustration :(

tw1stedqueen

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the site. I just joined yesterday and I'm excited to be a part of this challenge!!

Ultimate Goal: Classic length. Just below the butt

As you can see from this photo I just took (10/09/2013) I'm full APL, almost BSL.

The straight hair photos were taken back in April. Towards the beginning of the year (2013) I straightened my hair quite a bit and also did some trimming (you can see it's uneven in one of those photos). That's why there isn't a huge difference between then and now. I was enjoying my current length and now I'm ready to get back into full-fledged hair-pampering mode :grin:

Regimen: I wash once to twice a month and I deep condition every time I wash. In between I moisturize with water and Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream and seal (if I remember) with olive oil. If my hair feels esp. dry I will baggy it overnight after m&s'ing, or sometimes I will steam it with a hot towel.. I use V05, Suave or whatever we have plus oils (olive or coconut depending on the weather) and honey, mayonnaise or an egg (depending on the weather and the condition of my hair) to deep condition. I baggy my hair overnight.

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: I have 9 inches to go and by the end of 2015 I know I will be past that.

Natural/Relaxed/Other: My hair is natural. I got them SUPER kinks. Lol I love them.

Tips/Tricks: Don't sleep on vitamins. Hairfinity is the truth. I speak from experience. Yes I take them. Also your overall health plays a major role in the beauty of your skin, which of course includes the scalp. A quality scalp will produce quality hair.

I've been wanting to try 100% natural, unrefined silica gel (supplement) I hear it really accelerates growth and I've heard the same of the inversion method (you massage your scalp with warm oil and then you let your head hang off the edge of the bed or couch for a maximum of four minutes. ONLY FOUR. And you're supposed to come out of the position very slowly. You do this for 7 days in a row and the hair is said to grow 1 inch or longer). I'm going to be trying it every month. You only do it one week out of the month because more than that supposedly causes your body to get used to it and stop yielding the fast growth results.

Issues or difficulties you're having: My hair (Loretta) and I are on good terms right now. It's just a matter of patience.

Anyway good luck to everyone :)

Attachments

• almost bsl.jpg
    almost bsl.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 57
  • April 5th 5.jpg
    April 5th 5.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 66
  • April 5th 3.jpg
    April 5th 3.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 55
  • April 5th 6.jpg
    April 5th 6.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Ijanei

Current length in it's stretched natural state:

Ultimate Goal:
That long, shiny, thick hair when it is straight.
I want the most luxurious big curls in it's natural state

Regimen:
I just trimmed my hair so it is starting off in good condition. Going to go back to my old regi. DC twice a week, one hot oil treatment bi-weekly. Flat iron once a month or bi-weekly, the other days when not straight, wear hair pinned up in some fashion

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL:
Not sure, but closer that I ever was.:grin:

Natural/Relaxed/Other:
Natural

Tips/Tricks:
Keep moisturized. Stop the excess manipulation.

Issues or difficulties you're having:
Keeping hands out:nono:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Cowashed this morning, then kept it simple with just some sunflower oil to seal. I think I will try to be more consistent with cowashing my twists mid-week since I am working out every day.