*Warning* Baggy Methoders...PLEASE BE CAREFUL

Faith

Hi All,

I made the mistake of applying world of curls activator to my wet/very damp hair and 2 days later (yesterday) I had some bad tangles. Thank the Lord I had the presence of mind to stand under the spray and detangle it (with humecto by my side). I was sure I would have to grab my scissors that's how bad it was. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

***Tip*** DO NOT get out from under the spray of the shower if you have massive tangles. The direction of the spray actually helps detangle. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back to my story...
In the end it all worked out but instead of 1 to 2 breaks average, I had about 6 average. I should have learned from when I last put scurl in my wet/damp hair but I figured this was a different moisturizer product so I'll be ok.......NOT.
Needless to say if you are doing this method apply these on dry hair or even better yet just stick with castor oil like SherryLove. Maybe you won't have this issue with scurl and world of curls on wet/damp hair like I do. I don't think Adrienne has this issue.
My advice is if you are using it use it on wet/damp hair use it on your ends first to see how they react. Before using it else where. Whew!

Question: SherryLove do you use anything more in your baggy besides castor oil? I can't remember. Do you find at the end of 2 weeks your hair is still "wet" with the oil or is it just smooth, sleek and feels moisturized?
I'm not sure if I should be expecting lots of castor oil on my ends (at the end of week 1 or 2) or if it will just feel smooth and moisturized but not have a lot of oil like on day 1. Do you know what I mean? Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ChasingBliss

Faith Im curious. How do you keep it under the baggie? do you braid, twist, roll? Im just wondering how it could have gotten tangled.

SherryLove

hey faith.....

i use jojoba and rose hip seed oils in addition to castor oil./......

when i first put the baggie on, i apply a whole lotta of the oil mix to the last 3 inches of my hair...lol... when i take the baggie off in about a week or two, my ends are super soft and moisturized, not damp... it's just soooooo unbelievable..... /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HTH

Faith

HLD:
It got tangled because I applied the world of curls. I make a ponytail then braid it then wrap it into a bun. I can do the whole routine WITHOUT the scurl or world of curls and it doesn't tangle.

SherryLove:
Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif So it doesn't have that day 1 just applied the oils look? /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll add the jojoba oil to my castor oil then /images/graemlins/smile.gif
How often in the 2 week period do you reapply?

foxybronx

OMG YOU TOO??

I wore a plastic cap on my head for 2 days straight without combing..i surged and spritzed my hair everyday with my homemade dew which is mostly water (BIG MISTAKE)..and i had so much tangles i couldn't get a comb through my hair.

I couldn't even part my hair to do it in sections because all my strands were tangled together.

It took three different types of conditioner..a shower comb and at least 15-20 minutes under a shower stream to get it untangled. HUMECTO didn't even work and that is my holygrail!

Faith

Girl!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif How was your hair under the cap? Braided up or left loose?

ChasingBliss

I understand now. I havent used Curl activator yet, and probably wont now. Im using a mix of jojoba, olive and coconut oils on damp hair.

Faith

Yes keep with that HLD...keep with that /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
HLD:
It got tangled because I applied the world of curls. I make a ponytail then braid it then wrap it into a bun. I can do the whole routine WITHOUT the scurl or world of curls and it doesn't tangle.

SherryLove:
Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif So it doesn't have that day 1 just applied the oils look? /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll add the jojoba oil to my castor oil then /images/graemlins/smile.gif
How often in the 2 week period do you reapply?

[/ QUOTE ]

i will apply the oil mix twice in a two week period.....if i apply the oil mix on saturday... i will apply it again the following saturday.

IMO, hair (especially the ends) is too fragile when it is wet to be handled or manipulated in a lot of ways....i think more of the ladies will have success with the baggie method when their hair is dry....

foxybronx

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
Girl!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif How was your hair under the cap? Braided up or left loose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Loose! Yeah i know...don't even say it!

Faith

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif Ok, I won't /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

Survive4

Today was my first time trying the baggie and I did it on dry hair. I figured I'd do it that way to kinda get the hang of it. Reading your posts made me so glad I did it this way. /images/graemlins/smile.gif