WASHING HAIR W/PLAITS

R

Reslnt1

has anyone tried to wash their hair with four plaits in it? i ask b/c i would like to try this possible method of washing my hair b/c my hair gets really tangle and then breaks a lot when i try to comb it/detangle while washing it. And b/c it breaks and gets tangled i can't really rub my scalp too much in order to get all that weekly build up out.....As I am typing my scalp is itching :(.

lmjenk67

I wash my hair in about 6-8 braids (put barrettes on the end to keep braids from unraveling). It works wonders for keeping tangles away! I started doing this when I was transitioning last year and I continue to do it as a natural! The process is a little longer but it's well worth it!

I dilute the shampoo (or conditioner if doing a cw) then pour it on the scalp and rub only the scalp. I work the suds down through the braids (think of milking a cow :lol: ). After rinsing, I take each braid down, add conditioner and detangle then rebraid each section. I rinse the conditioner out while the braids are still in. If I'm doing a wash-n-go, then I'll take each braid down before adding my leave-in all over.

I think you'll be pleased with the detangling process when you wash your hair in braids.

HTH!

LovelyLionessa

I swear by this method. I create 5 braids which includes a braid for my nape area. I don't dilute my shampoo I just massage it on my scalp as normal. I won't wash my hair any other way, tangles are so not fun!

R

Reslnt1

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank u thank u thank u!!!! i thought that i was crazy for even suggesting this method. thanks for giving me hope and i will start this weekend

turnergirl

I believe in this. There is no other way to do my hair. Anything outside of that results in matting and a sore arm after hours of trying to untangle my hair.

sareca

lmjenk67 said:
I wash my hair in about 6-8 braids (put barrettes on the end to keep braids from unraveling). It works wonders for keeping tangles away! I started doing this when I was transitioning last year and I continue to do it as a natural! The process is a little longer but it's well worth it!

I dilute the shampoo (or conditioner if doing a cw) then pour it on the scalp and rub only the scalp. I work the suds down through the braids (think of milking a cow :lol: ). After rinsing, I take each braid down, add conditioner and detangle then rebraid each section. I rinse the conditioner out while the braids are still in. If I'm doing a wash-n-go, then I'll take each braid down before adding my leave-in all over.

I think you'll be pleased with the detangling process when you wash your hair in braids.

HTH!

This is my method exactly!

Jas123

The Star of a Story
Priestess said:
I swear by this method. I create 5 braids which includes a braid for my nape area. I don't dilute my shampoo I just massage it on my scalp as normal. I won't wash my hair any other way, tangles are so not fun!
I DO IT THIS WAY WITH BARRETTES @ THE END TO KEEP THE HAIR TOGETHER..WORKS LIKE A CHARM..i massge my scalp & hair just as normally would and don't dilute the shampoo

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
That's the only way I wash my hair so keep the tangles at bay. I also use a really good detangling moisturising conditioner. It's working so far.

Sweet_Ambrosia

I’ve been washing my hair in braids ever since I started transitioning, I wouldn’t wash it any other way, it's a great method! :D

honeybadgirl

i used to do it and swore by it. it was and is a good way to keep tangles away! i stopped because i prepoo'd. i just put the conditioner and oils in my hair, didnt think much about it. i found that i didnt have that problem anymore with tangles after that. so, i say all that to say, prepooing seemed to help my hair be more manageable. i comb all my hair back, apply conditioner(leave on for at least 30min), rinse, poo, conditioner and rinse and comb under water with very few tangles at all! when my hair was braided while i washed, i found that i used waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much product(conditioner) and i use aveda so enough said about that!:look:

discobiscuits

Reslnt1 said:
has anyone tried to wash their hair with four plaits in it? i ask b/c i would like to try this possible method of washing my hair b/c my hair gets really tangle and then breaks a lot when i try to comb it/detangle while washing it. And b/c it breaks and gets tangled i can't really rub my scalp too much in order to get all that weekly build up out.....As I am typing my scalp is itching :(.
i've heard of this but i don't do it. it's called the Crown and Glory Thechnique and i learned from: http://www.growafrohairlong.com/shampooingnatural.html
;)