Wearers of the Janet Collection First Lady Wig- Help me please!

KaramelDiva1978

Hi Ladies,
I bought this wig about 6 weeks ago and wore it only once. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT! :yep::yep: It's natural looking, has a perfect, precision cut that gives it style and pizazz, but I must be doing something wrong. No matter how I part the wig or style it, it constantly flows, moves and "blinds" me. I am constantly moving it out of my face and of course it then loses the original style and ends up looking a mess! And that was my experience from the three hours I wore it in the mall.

What are you doing to rock this wig? Is there some way to "pin" it and have it look flawless? I really wanted this to be my everyday go to wig, but I need to know how to wear it or even if I should have it cut some more. My hair is currently cornrowed underneath and I wear a breathable mesh wig cap on top, so I could put pins in it, I just don't know how. :sad:

:feedback:

naturalmanenyc

I had the same problem with my First Lady Janet Collection whole lace wig!!! I wore it for a week at a work event and I was brushing it out of my face with my hands ALL DAY!!! I basically tried to not move my head around much, since I was sitting in work meetings all week.

I would guess some wig control spray would work, although I did not yet try that.

JJamiah

I think that one is synthetic correct. I bought a bottle of Pantene firm hold spray. I spray and hold with a comb the area for a minute or two an it helps. I use that on my Vanessa because she does have a mind of her own. Holding spray is your friend.

JJamiah

On another note, don't come up in hurrrr with no pics ( I LOVE LF's) LOL

I saw First Lady First hand and she feels great and looks beautiful :) :lick:

KaramelDiva1978

I had the same problem with my First Lady Janet Collection whole lace wig!!! I wore it for a week at a work event and I was brushing it out of my face with my hands ALL DAY!!! I basically tried to not move my head around much, since I was sitting in work meetings all week.

I would guess some wig control spray would work, although I did not yet try that.

THANK YOU!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one, I thought I was seriously doing something wrong! It was your picture I saw first that made me order this wig and she's gorgeous, I just hate readjusting it out of my face all day. That is ssssoo annoying!!

I think that one is synthetic correct. I bought a bottle of Pantene firm hold spray. I spray and hold with a comb the area for a minute or two an it helps. I use that on my Vanessa because she does have a mind of her own. Holding spray is your friend.

JJamiah, thank you so much for this tip! I have to go to Walgreen's and pick up a RX for my daughter, I will pick up a can and use it tomorrow. Yes, I got the synthetic fiber, you're right. And I have some pics on my phone, I've just been too lazy to upload them to my laptop. I will do it soon though! Esp if this works, I'll have new pics to add.

Thanks again ladies!