Wearing your hair down

Dolapo

I barely do. Only when im with the bf.....on a good hair day. I just dont like hair all over my face and neck. Im something like a tomboy and my hair is always in a ponytail. Sometimes when i wear it down, i have it back up in a ponytail in before the end of the day. Its just a lot of hassle

Isis

I experimented in 2003 and part of 2004 to see if leaving hair out would make it break off. I wore buns or French Twists daily with tendrils hanging - the same tendrils. I always keep my hair and ends well moisturized and I noticed no breakage, thinning or anything. My tendrils grew and maintained it's length along with the rest of my hair that was kept up. Some people noticed and commented on my hair getting longer just looking at what was hanging. I am careful not to let my hair rub against rough fabrics like wool though.

unlvgirl

My Crown and Glory
I don't experience much breakage when I wear my hair down. Usually when I wear it down I end up clipping or pinning it up later in the day. So I always have clips and hair pins nearby. So at least I get to enjoy my earlier in the day. If I'm running errands or doing something with the kids then it is always up with a silk scarf on it.

Tene

Falon said:
I'm 50/50....after a touch up I am more likely to wear my hair down. I can just slap my bonnet on at night and keep up the style going for a few days w/o having to mess with it too much or use addtional heat.

Once the roots start coming in I will wear it up most days cuz it get's harder to style=more manipulation=needs more heat to hold a style=more chance of breakage for me.

Same here with me

luvlonghair

I wear my hair down everyday. Except for weeks 12 through 16. The roots are a hot mess and I can't take it anymore, so my hair is put in a weave ponytail for this entire period.