Weave Divas Help!

seymone

Is a stocking cap weave healthy? My hair will be braided underneath there is no way to wash my hair because I cannot take it off. Pleae help.

glamazon386

Personally, I wouldn't do it simply because I wouldn't be able to get to my hair and wash like I want to. Don't people usually do stocking cap weaves when they're getting the hair glued in?

Sincerely_Ciara

I have a stocking cap wig. I wear it during the day and take it off at night. I guess that would be considered a quick weave though.
My friend puts a plastic bag over my real hair (so no glue will get to my hair) and then put two stocking caps on after that, she glues the hair onto the cap, and after it dries the two wig caps are bonded together. I put on a xtra wig cap before I actually put on the wig for added protection. For me, it has retained ALOT of length, especially since I can take it off and put it on as I please. What kind of stocking cap weave are you getting to the point that you cant take it off?

Last edited:

seymone

Since I am getting it braided under the cap, my stylist usually sew the outer portion of the cap to the braid, so that I cannot take it off.. I hate gel

Hidden_Angel

This one?:

or is she using this one

Hidden_Angel

See the problem with the second one you have like VERY limted excusess to the scalp the most you could possiably do is wash it and even then it could be pretty hard to do.. can she possiably do the first one??

asummertyme

i dont see what the problem would be..just very itchy if ur gonna use the second cap in da picture...ur gonna wanna rip that thing off ur scalp tryin to get to a itch..but as far as damaging...i dont think it will...i just made a cap wig but its the cap thats more like a net, and i made it so i can take it off too...

Hidden_Angel

Its true but those things TICKED me off when I used it. i stratched it so much plus i think she is saying its going to get sew in aswell as the cap..

seymone

She does a pretty good job it is just my hair is not able to breathe nor am I able to wash it... But she really good and I never get glue on my hair.