WEAVE PICS UP!!

gabulldawg

Hey, everyone. I have some weave pics posted in my fotki. I've been rockin weave as a protective style for the past two and a half weeks. Take a look! Comments welcome.

gabulldawg

WOW everyone! Thanks for the compliments! :grin: Anyway, I'm actually not sure how long I'm going to keep it in. I was thinking next Friday (that would make it about a month), but when I told that to my stylist she looked at me like I was crazy and said that was too early for it to come out! I'm not a "weave diva" so I don't know how long people actually leave weaves in. I just don't want my hair to start matting or dredding underneath. Any suggestions are welcome. :yep:

cutebajangirl

It looks really nice. Is the amandita that did your hair the one that is on 125th st? Also did you curl it yourself and if so how did you it?

gabulldawg

Actually I'm located in Atlanta. She lives in Norcross, GA. I must confess that I went to the salon yesterday and had it washed and styled! The curls fell real fast though so I had to basically revive it myself -- I pincurled the front and I sprayed setting lotion on the back section and rolled it with satin covered sponge rollers. Also, I used Zuri yaki perm hair or something like that. It's cheap BSS hair. I didn't have the money to pay big bucks for hair I was going to cut anyway. I think it was like $25 a pack or something. It looks pretty realistic to me. The only thing is it doesn't hold hot curls very well.

Last edited:

divinefavor

Actually I'm located in Atlanta. She lives in Norcross, GA. I must confess that I went to the salon yesterday and had it washed and styled! The curls fell real fast though so I had to basically revive it myself -- I pincurled the front and I sprayed setting lotion on the back section and rolled it with satin covered sponge rollers. Also, I used Zuri yaki perm hair or something like that. It's cheap BSS hair. I didn't have the money to pay big bucks for hair I was going to cut anyway. I think it was like $25 a pack or something. It looks pretty realistic to me. The only thing is it doesn't hold hot curls very well.

I can't view fotkis from work. Please PM me the stylist that did your weave. I'm live in Lawrenceville, GA.

gabulldawg

OT: Honeydew! Are you still doing the master cleanse? It's SO funny because I actually "started" the cleanse yesterday, but I couldn't do it. I lasted HALF a day!!! I just couldn't stand the taste of the stuff (ESPECIALLY the pepper!) and couldn't imagine only tasting that for TEN WHOLE DAYS!!! Anyway, I've decided to do a vegetarian diet indefinitely. My body has responded well to that type of diet before so I think I need to get back into that. Please PM me if you don't want to respond on the board! :eek:)

HoneyDew

OT: Honeydew! Are you still doing the master cleanse? It's SO funny because I actually "started" the cleanse yesterday, but I couldn't do it. I lasted HALF a day!!! I just couldn't stand the taste of the stuff (ESPECIALLY the pepper!) and couldn't imagine only tasting that for TEN WHOLE DAYS!!! Anyway, I've decided to do a vegetarian diet indefinitely. My body has responded well to that type of diet before so I think I need to get back into that. Please PM me if you don't want to respond on the board! :eek:)

You reminded me that I need to update my journal.

I don't mind responding here since it is your thread :grin:

I broke the fast. I went 3 days. I could have gone longer. I was doing well on it. I just don't think it is in my best interest to go 10 days. I am afraid of what something like that would do to my metabolism and my ability to enjoy my favorite foods afterwards.

I am glad I did 3 days, though. I do see benefits from it - my willpower is amazing. Something about that 3 days helped me stop craving for sugary snacks. It also has helped me put things in prospective mentally.

I am going to do a 2 - 3 days fast once a month now. I do think it is a good thing to do.

HoneyDew

That's good to hear. I don't think that I can become addicted to them simply because I don't have the money!! :nono: Wish I did, though...

This is what's stopping me. I don't want to spend that money. I can never keep in braids and weaves longer than 4 or 5 weeks before I get sick of them. It becomes a waste of money.