Wedding Woes...

tthreat08

Okay ladies. My wedding is 2 months away and I am having an issue with my hair. It's not a bad thing, I just don't know WHAT to do. A couple of weeks ago I went to the salon to get a trim and falt iron. (I was at bra strp too, but she cut me back 1.5 inches....but I digress). Anyway, my hair was lovely (minus the fact I was 1.5 inches shorter), but a couple of hours later, my hair began to revert and frizz. I didn't mind at the time as I know I barely straighten my hair, so this is bound to happen. Also, I've had the same stylist for a minute so I know it's not her technique. On my wedding day though I want to be RIGHT! Also, my baby and I are going to Playa del Carmen for our honeymoon, and I want to be fab all week long!

So I would like your opinions on what I'm thiking of doing:

1. Wear my own hair and risk the frizz...however when my hair is straight, I LOVE my hair. Also do conditioner washes, wear buns, and natural updos while in Mexico.

2. Get a BOMB weave (waistlength) and have a sure thing and not worry about manipulating my own hair while in Mexico.

What do you think???

I'm so excited!!!:grin: :grin:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Would the weave be sewn in or just tracks? I wouldn't want to mess in my hair in Mexico, but how do you keep up a weave?

tthreat08

Sewn in...I'd be scared of glue and such. I don't know how you keep up a weave other than to do what you do to your own hair. Conditioner wash?

Anyone have any answers???

septemberbaby

I vote a bomb weave! I'm not sure on how to care for the hair underneath yet.

There are a few ladies on the board that do wear weaves as their protective style, so I'm sure they can help you.

I'm excited for you, your wedding and your honeymoon. You go girl! :D

MommaMayhann

Weave it up and and enjoy Mexico! I am not a weave wearer so I can't give any advice on maintaining it but there are plenty of women with weave wisdom on the board so it shouldn't be long before one of them chime in.'

CONGRATS!:bouncy:

The Girl

I vote for the weave! If you you are going swimming/getting your hair wet you should be good. If you are getting it wet, it may be a different situation. I say that b/c the roots (your hair)will be damp and that could lead to a weird smell and/ or mildew. I think if you have a Blowdryer, you could get the roots/braids dry...its still indirect heat . Plus ALL of your pics will be cute because you can curl a weave a billion times a day!

DozenRoses99

I vote for a very nice weave. Have someone who is very experienced do it so it looks very natural. I've never worn a sew in weave, but i would seriously think about it for a special event.

tthreat08

Thank you ladies! It's unanimous! Okay so I just need some advice on what to do with it once it's in my head and gets wet...

The Girl

what style are you getting? Curly like wash and go or straight? Maybe you could use the room blowdryer or lay out to make sure it gets dry. I forgot that is Mexico and it will be hot as hell...lol

Get the weave! I got a weave for my wedding. It was fun and the pictures were beautiful (mermaid curls). As long as it's a sew in it you'll be fine. If you don't like it during the honeymoon you can cut them out. Is your stylist any good with weaves? You might want to shop around to avoid a disappointing hair job for the wedding hair.

P.S. I love the fact your thinking waist length.

tthreat08

EbonyHairedPrincess said:
Get the weave! I got a weave for my wedding. It was fun and the pictures were beautiful (mermaid curls). As long as it's a sew in it you'll be fine. If you don't like it during the honeymoon you can cut them out. Is your stylist any good with weaves? You might want to shop around to avoid a disappointing hair job for the wedding hair.

P.S. I love the fact your thinking waist length.

Cool! Yes, my stylist can handle it. She wears a weave herself and it's very natural and undetectable.

Danene5

Go with the sew-in weave. Mexico can get really hot and you don't want your hair to be frizzy. Besides your pictures will look great and you won't have to worry on your wedding day about your hair falling or curls dropping.