Well, If You Gonna Wear A Weave

G

PLEASE, let it look nice. Get the best one you can. There are these 2 sisters one has long weave (bra strap) the other is neck length, but it always stick up and looks gummy like they gel it and grease it.

Eeew, is all I can say. You know me, I want so bad to ask why they feel they have put a ton of grease on, but then I don't know that much about weaves since I never had one. Is this normal do you have to put stuff on it? And can you comb it?

They are kinda Country, but still you should be able to look in the mirror or compare yours to others.

Are there different grades of weave? Like I see you guys questioning wheter a particulaur star is wearing one or not I would think it's a good one if you can't tell.

pebbles

I guess it would really depend on the quality of the hair they have. If they have cheap hair, maybe it needs something to smooth it down. When I wore a weave back in the day, I always wore human hair and it was good quality and never needed any hair grease at all.

Wanda

Girl I am the weave queen. If you get a reputable person to put it in and you make sure that it is human hair, you will be ok. Also, make sure that the hair is be-weavable......

Ebony

besides purchasing the closest human hair to your own texture, you also have to know how to take really good care of your weave. that means using the right products and treating it with mad TLC. i've been wearing one every summer for the past 4-5 years. some folks are always all up in my head cuz they just can't tell, while others just assume is mine. my friends can hardly every tell cuz they say it looks just like my own hair. the texture is the same as my own..4a/3c. like you mindymouse, i see bad weaves everyday. some have a gazillion colors, others are all gel'd up, cakin' and flakin'....totally ghetto. i don't know how folks think that makes them look cute.

G

I had a weave recently and after removing the tracks I still have glue in my have what can I do to remove the icky mess?

Wanda

Twixie, First of all always remove your tracks with African Prides Oil Sheen spray for men(the best kind I swear). Saturate your tracks and scalp with this oil. Move the tracks around in a massaging motion until the tracks start to loosen up. They will start to slip out. When I use African Prides Oil Sheen(green tall can), my tracks just slid out with no glue residue and no damage to my own hair....I promise....Just try it....

ineedmoney

how much is good weave normally. do you have any fav brands. cuz i thought human was human and synthetic was synthetic. i saw some hair at the store ( the walgreens actually) and it looked real just and had some ratty ends. it was like 8 or 10 inches and was 16.99. any thoughts, and i know it is kind of ghetto to buy hair at the drug store but i'm looking for a bargin.